Just ordered my 928 from Amazon for $49. Is there anything special I need to do beforehand in terms of getting ready for the switch from my iPhone. I saw somewhere where someone said to turn off iMessage before the switch. I have done that. I have an iPad as well. Do I need to switch off iMessage on that device also?
    Additionally, I have transferred all my photos to my desktop computer.

How do I transfer all of my contacts, text messages and calendar appointments?
    Any way to transfer Notes?
    Thanks.
    06-02-2013 10:26 AM
    Yes, you need to turn off iMessage on your iPad as well.
    06-02-2013 10:36 AM
    Yes, you need to turn off iMessage on your iPad as well.
    Once I turn off iMessage on my iPad, do I need to keep it off even after the transfer is complete?
    06-02-2013 11:24 AM
    You can turn it back on on your iPad. You'll still be able to send and receive iMessages, but only from your email address, not your phone number. Make sure you verify that your phone number isn't activated.
    tallarob likes this.
    06-02-2013 01:23 PM
    You may also need to delete your phone from your apple profile. I just switched from an iPhone, and even though I had iMessage off on my iPhone and my iPad, I still wasn't getting texts until I deleted it on Apple's site and rebooted my Lumia.
    06-02-2013 08:09 PM
    You may also need to delete your phone from your apple profile. I just switched from an iPhone, and even though I had iMessage off on my iPhone and my iPad, I still wasn't getting texts until I deleted it on Apple's site and rebooted my Lumia.
    How do I do that?
    06-03-2013 08:22 AM
    If you turned off iMessage prior to activating your phone, and you're still not receiving texts, try this: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

You go in, find your iphone, select edit, delete, and then reboot your Lumia.

Further instructions in this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Like I said, I turned off iMessage everywhere and still had issues, though this fixed them immediately (thankfully!) Others have said they had no problems after turning off iMessage ahead of deactivating their phone, so try that first and if you aren't getting texts kill the phone in your Apple profile. Good luck! You will be quite happy you switched-I am!
    06-03-2013 09:44 AM
    Mr Rubino wrote a nice article that you might want to read about switching to windows phone and how to make it all as painless as possible.

Switching from iOS or Android to Windows Phone? Here's how to find your favorite apps. | Windows Phone Central
    tallarob likes this.
    06-03-2013 10:12 AM
    What's the best way to transfer contacts and text messages? Will Verizon do that for me?
    06-03-2013 12:45 PM
    What's the best way to transfer contacts and text messages? Will Verizon do that for me?
    I am not sure. Contacts I transferred through Gmail, you can also upload them to outlook ahead of setting up Windows Phone.

Texts I am not sure...maybe someone with Verizon backup experience can chime in.
    06-04-2013 09:10 AM
    Not sure if 'Transfer my data' works with Apple.
    06-04-2013 09:25 AM
    Get ready for the sweetest os wp8 is so nice love my 920
    06-04-2013 09:50 AM
    The best tip that I can give is "don't switch"! Lol. j/k! Enjoy your WP8, as it is a nice OS. MS just needs to make some improvements, such as being able to use your own alert tones for SMS and email. And more of the mainstream and banking apps.
    06-04-2013 02:49 PM
    I've made the switch and it's been rather uneventful. Most of the apps that I used are here or there are similar ones. I have found the apps don't seem to have the same functionality that I had with iOS apps. No biggie but feels like a step backwards. I'm sure the apps will get better in time. Music is just so-so. It's not the same "experience" although the desktop app easily transfered my iTunes to my 928 without issue so I'm happy about that. I may try and find a better player however.

Prior to switching I got an outlook.com account and got all of my contacts on that account. Email and contact syncing has been flawless. The phone will also take info from your FB friends to populate the "people" screen if you have a FB account. I don't regret the switch and I like the device a lot. I have to admit I'm still learning about it which is why I check into this forum often for tips and ideas.
    nunyazz likes this.
    06-04-2013 05:27 PM
    iphone is a has been as far as I am concerned, I made the switch, and never looked back.
    06-04-2013 08:10 PM
    I've made the switch and it's been rather uneventful. Most of the apps that I used are here or there are similar ones. I have found the apps don't seem to have the same functionality that I had with iOS apps. No biggie but feels like a step backwards. I'm sure the apps will get better in time. Music is just so-so. It's not the same "experience" although the desktop app easily transfered my iTunes to my 928 without issue so I'm happy about that. I may try and find a better player however.

Prior to switching I got an outlook.com account and got all of my contacts on that account. Email and contact syncing has been flawless. The phone will also take info from your FB friends to populate the "people" screen if you have a FB account. I don't regret the switch and I like the device a lot. I have to admit I'm still learning about it which is why I check into this forum often for tips and ideas.
    What did you use to transfer iTunes to you WP?
    06-05-2013 01:04 AM
    What did you use to transfer iTunes to you WP?
    Prolly the new and improved Windows Phone app for desktop?
    06-05-2013 01:42 AM
    iphone is a has been as far as I am concerned, I made the switch, and never looked back.
    Can you elaborate?
    06-05-2013 07:43 AM
    Can you elaborate?
    He meant iPhones are a thing of the past. WP8 Phones are now the phones to look out for.
    06-05-2013 09:10 AM
    He meant iPhones are a thing of the past. WP8 Phones are now the phones to look out for.
    So the best-selling phone in the U.S. is a thing of the past? Ok, lol!
    06-05-2013 09:25 AM
    Let's put it this way: iPhone doesn't provide you with as much meaningful information from your lock and home screens as WP8 and Android. Android disgusts me for other reasons (I think its a terribly designed UX), but it provides options to present information quickly. WP8 also does this. iOS's icons do not. I like iPhone personally, and find it excellently designed for the user, but it is aging, and does need an update. Just about every tech blog out there has had an article to that effect. To OP, you'll settle in. The main reasons to get a 928 are the quality and support of Nokia, and the camera. Hoping to app parity isn't going to be satisfying :)
    06-05-2013 09:35 AM
    I had this problem when i moved over to the 928. One thing you have to do after they activate your WP from your iPhone is to reboot your phone. I wasn't getting any text messages from iphone users until I restarted the phone.
    06-05-2013 09:49 AM
    Prolly the new and improved Windows Phone app for desktop?
    Yes! I plugged in the phone to my desktop, it told me there was a desk top app, downloaded it, and it worked perfectly. It gave me the same choices when syncing as far as playlists, artists, etc.... just like in itunes. Now with 32gig (ok more like 20gig) of storage, I can now have all of my music on my phone. This was one of my biggest concerns about making the change and it was a total non-event, at least for me. The play however just isn't as good. It doesn't seem to keep the playlist I had on, if I pause it, and then come back to it hours later. In other words I can't seem to just pick up where I left off like I can on an ipod/iphone. It's a bit annoying. Of course I might not be running it right either. :)
    06-05-2013 10:53 AM
    Completed the switch from iOS to my Nokia 928 and it went quite well. Verizon transferred all my iCloud contacts. When I got home, I realized that several were missing. Once I added my Google account, I got the rest.
    I added all my music from my desktop using the Windows Phone app on my Win8 computer. Seemed to be a lot of going back and forth - but went Ok.
    Couldn't find a way to transfer Notes so manually re-created notes in OneNote.
    Couldn't find a way to transfer text messages. Didn't have any problem receiving texts.
    All in all went well and love the new phone!
    06-09-2013 10:09 PM