My Tile Setup....in sections!

mikeharden

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So, I thought my tile home start page was too cluttered. A buddy said he would like to see a "spacer" and it got me thinking....I created black space between my sections and it looks so much better to me and less cluttered! I am sure someone has said this or done it but if not, its pretty cool.

How I did it. I went to a webpage on the phone (ironically I searched for black screen of death :smile: ) and I waited for the page to finish loading. I then zoomed in to the black area of the page where the whole screen was black. I then pinned this to my start page. I did this 5 times and then made each tile small. I took one small black tile and placed on each line I wanted spaced!!!

Attached is photo. I had to edit the screenshots together and then take out some personal info, otherwise...:cool:

Attachments

• My Start.jpg
    My Start.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 221

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You can use the Header Tiles app to create blank tiles with black background colour and pin to start.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
And people seriously say that WP is bland compared to the icon grids of Android and iOS?

Start screens like that look much better than anything on other platforms.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever tried making background tiles with Wiztiles? It will surely make your home screen 1000x more richer and alive.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever tried making background tiles with Wiztiles? It will surely make your home screen 1000x more richer and alive.

wiztiles is great. But my one issue with it is that there's only one font colour and size. That's why I used phototastic to add text to a picture, and then used that as the image on the tile.

But the themes wiztiles provides is amazing. More options than Header Tiles for backgrounds.

Good job by both developers though :-D

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I thought my tile home start page was too cluttered. A buddy said he would like to see a "spacer" and it got me thinking....I created black space between my sections and it looks so much better to me and less cluttered! I am sure someone has said this or done it but if not, its pretty cool.

How I did it. I went to a webpage on the phone (ironically I searched for black screen of death :smile: ) and I waited for the page to finish loading. I then zoomed in to the black area of the page where the whole screen was black. I then pinned this to my start page. I did this 5 times and then made each tile small. I took one small black tile and placed on each line I wanted spaced!!!

Attached is photo. I had to edit the screenshots together and then take out some personal info, otherwise...:cool:

Sorry, I have a real issue with your start screen...

You cannot seriously put Halo and Call of Duty on the same row or even on the same portion of the screen. Halo should always be on your start screen. COD should be relegated to the app list. :wink:

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if WP8 just let you group apps dynamically a la Win 8, then let you move whole app groups around. Or just create a Win 8 app that let's you build your start screen on a PC, then sync it to your phone. I like messing around with the WP8 start screen but man can it be time consuming trying to drag one tile at a time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon