06-16-2013 10:48 PM
44 12
tools
    I applies to your Microsoft account, so wherever your MS account is attached, it will work.
    06-06-2013 03:15 PM
    It cannot be used on the 360... I tried purchasing a full game using my credit and it didnt even show my "Microsoft balance" as a payment option. I'll try my surface when i get home tonight.
    06-06-2013 03:37 PM
    I applies to your Microsoft account, so wherever your MS account is attached, it will work.
    Finally got around to seeing if it worked on the RT or Windows8 the only place I see it working is on the phone.
    nunyazz likes this.
    06-11-2013 10:38 PM
    Doesn't show up in XBox payment options..... Shame - I was hoping to use it for XBox Music Pass.
    06-12-2013 06:26 AM
    I am assuming that you had to buy the phone from Verizon to be eligible for this? I bought my phone off newegg but my service is thru Verizon. True?
    06-12-2013 07:59 AM
    I am assuming that you had to buy the phone from Verizon to be eligible for this? I bought my phone off newegg but my service is thru Verizon. True?
    Not true, all Lumia 928s are eligible.
    06-12-2013 08:39 AM
    Yeah, you don't have to buy it from Verizon. Just do a search of the forum and you'll find this, as well as a link to the site you have to register on.
    06-12-2013 11:42 AM
    what does the paid version bring? Live tile updated and no ads?
    06-12-2013 06:14 PM
    what does the paid version bring? Live tile updated and no ads?
    I clicked the link for you.

The official app of wpcentral.com, your guide to everything your Windows Phone can offer. Read news, tips, comments, app & game reviews wherever you go.
    With live tile support, you can be up to date on the latest Windows Phone news when pinned to your start screen.
    Not sure whether to spend your money on that latest game? Find the review on WPCentral, check out screenshots or watch the video review, then go directly to the marketplace from within the app to start the download. You can then jump straight back into WPCentral to keep up to date on the latest news about the platform, including what’s being announced for future updates.
    WPCentral for Windows Phone features:
    •Read home, reviews, apps, games, tips & developers sections
    •Live tiles for the latest headlines
    •Toast notifications
    •Full comment functionality
    •Watch videos and view pictures posted in each article
    •Full search for any previous articles, including by section
    •Search through YouTube videos from the site
    •Deep links to the marketplace with articles featuring other apps
    •Listen to the latest podcast on your device through the app
    •Clean, simple, customisable user interface design and great user experience
    •Sharing of articles through E-mail, SMS, Twitter and Facebook
    •Full integration with the WPCentral forums
    •Custom app and tile accents
    •Links to referenced articles and other websites
    The available trial is ad-supported with deep marketplace links, video section, live tiles, toast notifications, offline reading, wallpapers section and the podcast player disabled, all other features are accessible.
    ------------
    New in v4.2:
    •Added lock screen wallpaper support - now get the latest news directly to your customisable wallpaper
    •Improved flip tile reliability
    •Added option to view videos in Metrotube
    •Updated Unification support with images
    •Trial: Now using Nokia Ad Exchange for adverts
    06-13-2013 09:58 AM
    I clicked the link for you.
    I edited out the only part that was relevant to my question for you.
    The available trial is ad-supported with deep marketplace links, video section, live tiles, toast notifications, offline reading, wallpapers section and the podcast player disabled, all other features are accessible.
    06-14-2013 03:36 AM
    I edited out the only part that was relevant to my question for you.
    You didn't do it for me. I am capable of clicking a link and reading instead of asking others to do it for me.
    06-14-2013 09:30 AM
    You didn't do it for me. I am capable of clicking a link and reading instead of asking others to do it for me.
    You insinuated that you helped me out with your original reply, but you didn't. Helping me out would've been concisely answering the question I asked rather than posting verbatim something I already had access to. Sure, it's not your job to answer my questions and provide me compendiums and whatnot, but if you don't want to do that then don't do it. Or, if you want to reply with snarky, unhelpful responses, go ahead and do that, but don't be surprised when you get them back in return.
    06-14-2013 02:21 PM
    What I did was tried to encourage you to look for yourself instead of depending on others to do so for you. Apparently that is not a method that works with you. But you cannot truthfully state that my reply was unhelpful. It contained the answer to your question.
    06-14-2013 02:32 PM
    You insinuated that you helped me out with your original reply, but you didn't. Helping me out would've been concisely answering the question I asked rather than posting verbatim something I already had access to. Sure, it's not your job to answer my questions and provide me compendiums and whatnot, but if you don't want to do that then don't do it. Or, if you want to reply with snarky, unhelpful responses, go ahead and do that, but don't be surprised when you get them back in return.
    I'm so confused... you asked what the paid version gives you. You yourself just said you had access to the answer. Why ask the question? What more could you have asked for then what was provided?
    hopmedic likes this.
    06-14-2013 02:32 PM
    What I did was tried to encourage you to look for yourself instead of depending on others to do so for you. Apparently that is not a method that works with you. But you cannot truthfully state that my reply was unhelpful. It contained the answer to your question.
    Thank you Jesus for teaching me how to fish. You don't understand the difference between answering a question and answering a question helpfully? Just because your reply contained the answer to my question does not necessarily make it a helpful answer. You took a link that I clearly had access to (you quoted me quoting it) and copied and pasted it verbatim, meaning that you didn't actually do anything for me at all except waste my time (and yours too and everyone reading this thread now). If you asked me a for a quote from the Bible and I gave you a link to the entire Bible, I would not consider that a helpful reply even though my reply "contained the answer to your question." Yes, I am acknowledging that I asked for a compendium of the app benefits rather than reading it myself, but if you had no interest in being helpful (i.e., answering the question succinctly), then don't answer it at all.

I'm so confused... you asked what the paid version gives you. You yourself just said you had access to the answer. Why ask the question? What more could you have asked for then what was provided?
    Why ask the question? To get a succinct compendium of the answer, one verified as accurate by another user.
    06-14-2013 07:04 PM
    By asking a question that you had the capability to answer yourself by putting forth a bit of effort, you selfishly wasted the time of anyone who might answer. If the answer had not been right there in the link you provided, that would be different.
    06-14-2013 09:52 PM
    By asking a question that you had the capability to answer yourself by putting forth a bit of effort, you selfishly wasted the time of anyone who might answer. If the answer had not been right there in the link you provided, that would be different.
    Not true. The person who chose to answer made his or her own decision regarding whether to answer. If that person found my question selfish, and this bothered them, he or she had no obligation to respond. That is, I didn't waste your time, you wasted it.
    06-15-2013 02:07 AM
    Really asking the question only wasted your time... Why anyone would ask a question on a forum that might take hours, or days to respond, when they could just look it up and find the answer in less then 60 seconds is the real issue here. It's the same thing as starting a new thread when there is already one about the topic you are talking about. Take the time to do the very easy research rather then make a post is why you got such a snarky answer. Now we can move past this... 1 worthless post leads to 7 worthless posts.

Tho i do appreciate giving me a time waster here at work :P #iseewhatyoudidthere
    hopmedic likes this.
    06-15-2013 04:50 AM
    Really asking the question only wasted your time... Why anyone would ask a question on a forum that might take hours, or days to respond, when they could just look it up and find the answer in less then 60 seconds is the real issue here. It's the same thing as starting a new thread when there is already one about the topic you are talking about. Take the time to do the very easy research rather then make a post is why you got such a snarky answer.
    It didn't waste my time: replying to all the responses probably did, though. It took less time for me to ask that question than it did to do the research on my own. Not a lot of time either way, but if time was that big of a concern to any of us, we wouldn't be on these (or any) message boards. So, I don't feel bad for asking questions, even if some people try to make me feel so. Truth is, anybody who has the time to peruse online discussion boards has free time. Nevertheless, to rebut your point: 1) anyone using an online discussion forum is aware of the asynchronous nature of it; I wasn't in a hurry for a reply, as is the same with most people who use them; 2) as I said in an earlier post, asking the question brings other benefits that independent research cannot: mainly, confirmation from other users that the features reported are in fact reported accurately, as well as their opinion on the features and whether or not they are worth it. This is something I cannot achieve on my own before purchasing the app. It's the reason people ask friends who have experienced something (a video game, a movie, etc.) for their opinion on it. It's valuable information from an independent third party, in this case, a third party from a community of users who usually know what they are talking about and have high standards. Thus, it was valuable to me to ask the question and read a helpful answer. That I never received such a helpful answer, well, that is the nature of online discussion forums. I've gotten used to them. Conversations stray from the topic, people start new threads for old topics, etc. It happens. I try my best to help people out when they ask questions rather than lecture them or criticize them, and the like. I'm sure I've don't that occasionally too, though, but, hey, everyone gets in snooty mood once in awhile.
    bmetelsky likes this.
    06-16-2013 10:48 PM
44 12