Please Use Your $25 App Store Credit

lance_mangold

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I would like to encourage all Verizon Lumia 928 purchasers to purchase as many quality apps from the Microsoft app store as quickly as you can and to spend all of it if possible. This is a much better strategy to encourage app developers to produce quality apps for Windows phones than the stupid $100/app plan Microsoft did a few months back. That plan would just create a lot of crappy apps.

So spend that $25 credit as soon as you can on the quality apps you want!

Thanks

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I spent about half mine so far, even some on Windows 8 apps. There just aren't many paid apps I'm interested in at the moment, but I've got my eyes on some just over the horizon.

remyjette

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft tried enticing developers to make apps by promising $100 per published app....a friend of mine got $100 for making a Windows 8 game that only had about 5 seconds of gameplay.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought Weather Flow, Collector, NBA Jam, Modern Combat, Contre Jour, Zumas Revenge, Cut The Rope Experiments, Instance, My Radar, and Ultimate Guitar

elpedrogrande

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've spent as much of it as I could. Have a remaining balance of $0.70 or so.

Going to use my Bing rewards for another $5. There's a lot of nice paid apps that I still want to grab.

Ryano89

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Spent mine, and I agree, we have to show devs that we are willing to pay for quality apps. If enough of us do that, we will slowly get more and more selection to choose from.

DarkCobra20

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been spending mine here and there. I've been looking at apps and may look at the try option to see if it's worth the buy first just to make sure the money is well spent. Most of the apps I usually find I can judge just from pictures and sometimes off reviews, but I don't always trust reviews as my needs aren't always the same.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
How do you spend it on Windows 8 apps? I assumed it was limited to Wallet on Windows Phone 8. Also, can you use it to buy music from Nokia music or Xbox music?

It's global across your Microsoft Live account. As long as it's a Microsoft service you'd probably be able to use it.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I find if you add the 1, submit, then remove the 1 it goes through.

can you elaborate on this please? I'm having my 8x replaced under warranty with a Lumia 928 by Verizon and i'm hoping i can sign up for this $25 credit, but incase it doesn't work because it's a replacement phone, i'd like to know what you're talking about with this method... thanks in advance.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I still have $50 on mine and got another $25 on the way...I got a little time...free apps for the next few months :)

can you elaborate on this please? I'm having my 8x replaced under warranty with a Lumia 928 by Verizon and i'm hoping i can sign up for this $25 credit, but incase it doesn't work because it's a replacement phone, i'd like to know what you're talking about with this method... thanks in advance.

Yea, it will work...all it asks for your live iD...and the IEMI number off you phone....simple...love free apps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion