Please Use Your $25 App Store Credit

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
By asking a question that you had the capability to answer yourself by putting forth a bit of effort, you selfishly wasted the time of anyone who might answer. If the answer had not been right there in the link you provided, that would be different.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
By asking a question that you had the capability to answer yourself by putting forth a bit of effort, you selfishly wasted the time of anyone who might answer. If the answer had not been right there in the link you provided, that would be different.

Not true. The person who chose to answer made his or her own decision regarding whether to answer. If that person found my question selfish, and this bothered them, he or she had no obligation to respond. That is, I didn't waste your time, you wasted it.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Really asking the question only wasted your time... Why anyone would ask a question on a forum that might take hours, or days to respond, when they could just look it up and find the answer in less then 60 seconds is the real issue here. It's the same thing as starting a new thread when there is already one about the topic you are talking about. Take the time to do the very easy research rather then make a post is why you got such a snarky answer. Now we can move past this... 1 worthless post leads to 7 worthless posts.

Tho i do appreciate giving me a time waster here at work :p #iseewhatyoudidthere

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Really asking the question only wasted your time... Why anyone would ask a question on a forum that might take hours, or days to respond, when they could just look it up and find the answer in less then 60 seconds is the real issue here. It's the same thing as starting a new thread when there is already one about the topic you are talking about. Take the time to do the very easy research rather then make a post is why you got such a snarky answer.

It didn't waste my time: replying to all the responses probably did, though. It took less time for me to ask that question than it did to do the research on my own. Not a lot of time either way, but if time was that big of a concern to any of us, we wouldn't be on these (or any) message boards. So, I don't feel bad for asking questions, even if some people try to make me feel so. Truth is, anybody who has the time to peruse online discussion boards has free time. Nevertheless, to rebut your point: 1) anyone using an online discussion forum is aware of the asynchronous nature of it; I wasn't in a hurry for a reply, as is the same with most people who use them; 2) as I said in an earlier post, asking the question brings other benefits that independent research cannot: mainly, confirmation from other users that the features reported are in fact reported accurately, as well as their opinion on the features and whether or not they are worth it. This is something I cannot achieve on my own before purchasing the app. It's the reason people ask friends who have experienced something (a video game, a movie, etc.) for their opinion on it. It's valuable information from an independent third party, in this case, a third party from a community of users who usually know what they are talking about and have high standards. Thus, it was valuable to me to ask the question and read a helpful answer. That I never received such a helpful answer, well, that is the nature of online discussion forums. I've gotten used to them. Conversations stray from the topic, people start new threads for old topics, etc. It happens. I try my best to help people out when they ask questions rather than lecture them or criticize them, and the like. I'm sure I've don't that occasionally too, though, but, hey, everyone gets in snooty mood once in awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos