Thinking about getting a Lumia

Eneq

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello; I am currently switching to either Android or WP from iOS. My first smart phone was the HTC Incredible. I then went to a 4S. I made of the mistake of upgrading to iOS 6 and my phone has been horrible for the last few months. Nevertheless, I sold my iPhone and I am moving to either WP or android. I know for sure that I love android, but I'm still not sure about WP. I've played around on the Lumia at the store and I love the whole tiles thing. However I have a few reservations that I hope you guys could help me with. For one, in Android there are widgets where I can turn WiFi and other things on and off from the homepage. Is there anything of that sort on WP? Another big thing is on android there was an app where I could download music directly from the app onto my SD card. Are there any apps like that on WP? Thanks in advance for the help

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
And yes, you can download apps that will pin wifi (and other settings) to the start screen, and you can set to download music and save pictures to SD (although the 928 has no SD slot).

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello; I am currently switching to either Android or WP from iOS. My first smart phone was the HTC Incredible. I then went to a 4S. I made of the mistake of upgrading to iOS 6 and my phone has been horrible for the last few months. Nevertheless, I sold my iPhone and I am moving to either WP or android. I know for sure that I love android, but I'm still not sure about WP. I've played around on the Lumia at the store and I love the whole tiles thing. However I have a few reservations that I hope you guys could help me with. For one, in Android there are widgets where I can turn WiFi and other things on and off from the homepage. Is there anything of that sort on WP? Another big thing is on android there was an app where I could download music directly from the app onto my SD card. Are there any apps like that on WP? Thanks in advance for the help

First thing, you have to get the notion that this is the same as Droid or iOS out of your head. There are some fundamental differences you need to wrap your brain around. It CAN be a bit of a culture shock. WP isn't for everyone. Not saying that's a bad thing or that you're not up to it, it's just that we see alot of culture shock. People are constantly asking "How can I do this like in <droid or iOS>?"

Second, as for the widgets, yes you can. The question is, why do you need to? On WP, you just have them on and you can leave them on. Due to the nature of the WP OS itself, things can't just run rampant in the background like Droid can. Others can explain it better than I can, but I don't worry about things just running and running and running. Therefore, I don't worry about turning those things on and off all the time.

Lastly, yes you can move your music directly to the device, but on the 928, it doesn't have SD storage. You just copy files to the device with File Explorer and you're done. You don't NEED an app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos