10-22-2013 09:16 PM
52 123
tools
    Two recommendations seems good to me, enough to check it out at least. I have no problem giving it a go!

Question: is there such thing as a protector with oleophobic coating?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Once upon a time I got "SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]" for my nexus. They were pretty good, and were markedly better than the standard Verizon screen protectors.
    06-05-2013 11:06 AM
    Once upon a time I got "SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]" for my nexus. They were pretty good, and were markedly better than the standard Verizon screen protectors.
    I'll keep an eye out for a similar thing for the Lumia. Or those glass ones if they can figure out how to curve them.... Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-05-2013 11:07 AM
    I've used the SPG screen protectors on various phones and they are very good. Currently using the Verizon ones right now. They're decent enough, just no oleophobic coating. And at $15 for a 3 pack, inexpensive.
    06-07-2013 06:36 AM
    Do the Verizon ones cover the whole screen including bezel or just the AMOLED viewable area?
    06-16-2013 01:55 AM
    Do the Verizon ones cover the whole screen including bezel or just the AMOLED viewable area?
    Just the viewing area.
    06-16-2013 12:01 PM
    Thanks--anyone know of a good one that covers the entire glass face, or do the contours of the surface make that impossible?
    06-16-2013 01:05 PM
    I really disliked gummy/tacky feel of the Zagg Invisible Shield on the screen. But, it was perfect for me as a protective layer for the sides and back. I found the naked polycarbonate a little too slippery, and after a few drops in the parking lot and a few small scuffs I decided I needed something. If you're dead set against putting anything on the phone, I guess that's that; but I thought the little bit of protection and the improved grip were well worth it. Here's a pic after five months of daily use:
    Attachment 35211
    where did you find a protector for the back
    06-16-2013 11:20 PM
    Just to be clear, I have a 920. If you do too, then the details below will be helpful. AFAIK, Zagg does not yet offer anything for the 928.

I purchased the Zagg invisibleSHIELD Full Body directly from Zagg for about $25, I think. I only used the back portion, but you can't buy it separately. They also offered a Max Protect version that included little strips for the top and bottom. Don't be confused by Zagg's parenthetical descriptions; when they say "front and back" they actually mean front/back/sides, and when they say"front, back and sides" they actually mean front/back/sides/top/bottom.

Anyway, you can order from Zagg or from Amazon:
    Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
    Amazon.com: ZAGG NOKPR920MC invisibleSHIELD for Nokia Lumia 920 - Maximum Coverage - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories
    06-17-2013 11:48 AM
    I use the ones from Verizon and they seem to work well. I also used the Skinomi and didn't like the rubbery feel to the screen. I am a fan of the SPG Spigen versions but couldn't wait for them to come out. I am surprised how nice the VZW version one is. Smooth and easy to apply.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-17-2013 12:12 PM
    I really really love Skinomi cases. Some people say they feel to "rubbery", and it definitely is less smooth than the screen, but visually I rarely notice it. It also covers the WHOLE screen, not just the viewing area. I would definitely recommend Skinomi.
    06-17-2013 02:25 PM
    I am a fan of the SPG Spigen versions but couldn't wait for them to come out.
    I got either an email or tweet last week from Spigen saying they had no plans to offer a product for the 920. I would assume the same applies to the 928 and 925, unless they are massive hits.
    Frenzytom likes this.
    06-17-2013 07:31 PM
    I ordered the SkinPea protector. Just waiting for it to ship.
    06-17-2013 07:37 PM
    I've always used zagg screen protectors on my phones even though they are a bit tacky, they last the life of the phone (they will replace them for free if something should happen to it). I recently tried the newer HD version on my kindle and it's super slick, almost as good as the glass. I'm hoping they offer an HD version for the 928. They currently only have the standard one for the 822.
    06-18-2013 01:59 PM
    I have a skinomi from amazon and its amazing. It doesn't have a gummy feel or anything and when I put it on I couldn't tell the difference between my actual gorilla glass and the skinomi screen protector. I got it for $9 lol
    nufan947 likes this.
    06-19-2013 11:36 AM
    I am seriously impressed with the ArmorSuit one I picked up on Amazon. I decided to spring for a more expensive one this time around, thinking it would be better. It's night and day better than the one I used for my 822, which I was perfectly happy with. This thing is amazing. Covers the whole screen. The instructions told me that any remaining defects after installation would disappear in 24-48 hours. I didn't believe it, but they did. Looks perfect. It has a very slightly "gummy" feel to it, but not much, mostly feels like the original glass. I've never held loyalty to a screen protector company before, but I'll stick with this brand from now on.

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Nokia Lumia 928 Screen Protector Shield Ultra Clear + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories
    06-19-2013 02:06 PM
    I received the SkinPea guard this afternoon. It's very easy to install and offers edge to edge protection, minus the cutouts for the earpiece, sensor and microphone. It's very close to a ZAGG but so much better.
    06-24-2013 07:29 PM
    I just applied my Skinpea on the screen only last night. They do have the rest of the phone skins as well. While I was a tad sceptical, When I got up this morning I have a beautiful, easy glide and NO BUBBLES under it! It is a bit pricey, but I think I'm going to really like it. I've had the cheapo's that Verizon sells and have never really liked them. This screen is really beautiful and with my luck I'd scratch it sooner or later. Watch the video on their site, it sold me!
    So there's my 2 cents.
    06-25-2013 10:28 AM
    They are better than most as far as the Oleophobic goes but I have had one (the specific cover you mentioned)on my Galaxy Nexus for about a year and a half and the coating does eventually and unfortunately start to wear down.I will continue to look for something similar in a cover when I do make the switch over to WP8 later this year as I did think it helped out when I first put the cover on and with the Steinheil you get 2 covers per package.
    06-26-2013 04:11 PM
    Digging my Skinomi. Covers the whole screen. Sides cover the corners and back is protected as well.
    06-26-2013 11:41 PM
    Digging my Skinomi. Covers the whole screen. Sides cover the corners and back is protected as well.
    I brought Skinomi and I like it. Its easy to put on and it covers everything. I kept it on but its still in a case
    07-07-2013 07:31 PM
    I got the armorsuit military shield from amazon. It was a pain in the *** to put on, but after about 5 days all my bubbles are gone (except one really big one but it is down below the back button) and all the finger prints and other imperfections have just gone away.

best 10 bucks ever.
    07-08-2013 08:13 AM
    Here is my Zagg Experience:

Summary; If you want a shield that takes weeks to arrive, has horrible installation, scratches easier than my old cheap generic shields, and to top it all off with unprecedented incompetent staff, then go ahead and waste $19.00.

So I will describe my experience. By the way, the fact that they say avoid writing about customer service or specific price is dumb. Both are an essential part of the product experience, it's shady that they are filtering out for their benefit.
    So I purchased this shield from the ZAGG site recently.

Problem #1: It took about 10 days for me to get a shipping notification and another 7 to get to my doorstep. Thankfully my screen did not scratch in that time after having peeled off my old dirty one.

Problem #2: I went to install it and it turns out that the directions are way too overly simplified and incomplete. The outer peel layer attachment tabs to the shield broke immediately upon peeling off the paper requiring me to put prints on the shield to hold it. This also almost caused me to fold the protector and it awkwardly stretched off. There were no directions on how to remove the speaker tabs which then forced me to remove after installation. I can only hope that the applicator liquid did not trigger the water tabs in case I ever have to replace the phone. When pulling them off they also awkwardly pulled up the shield creating air bubbles and hassle.

Problem #3) when squeegeeing with the rubber as the directions advised, using gentle proper force, it scraped the screen and those scrapes are PERMANENT! Still there! With a soft rubber squeegee that they provide! I could not believe my eyes after reading about the reputation of these. Apparently not at all what they claim!

Problem #4) The directions only stated in small print at the bottom to seek online instructions on their site for non English speakers. After installing I discovered detailed install videos online. Maybe instead of bad incomplete directions, just provide a video link please ZAGG!

Problem #5) I sent an email requesting a refund, that only took them nearly a week to respond to!

Problem #6) It took about 4 very detailed emails just for them to answer my two simple refund inquiries.

Problem #7) they said yes I can return it, but I have to go and send it, waste $0.50 on a stamp, an envelope, and another $1.50 on minimum required insurance (Which they recommend). By this time I am out time and more money (Which they do not refund) just to return a crappy $19.00 shield. I also now have to buy another screen since I peeled my old one off, there's another $5.00 and more hassle. Forget it ZAGG.

Problem #7) When addressing my shipping complaint, they LIED to me and said it sent 5 days after ordering and took 3-7 days. So now they are stingy lying con artists to the T. Never again for me.
    10-10-2013 10:43 PM
    Just my 2 cents on Zagg. I went to their main retail location (Utah), and had the screen protector installed. It took them about 5 minutes and looks great. I had some cheap protectors on the screen previously, but they were absolute trash... while the Zagg feels a little thicker, after a day or two, I hardly noticed it. I highly recommend the Zagg IF you can have a mall cart, or retail location do the install for you, not worth the hassle on your own.

Retail Locations
    10-11-2013 10:57 AM
    I had the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield and it looked great, went on easy. The 'orange peel' is very minimum. A little gummy for my taste though, but a very good product. It did save my screen from getting scratched while getting cut in the process.
    Now I'm using a SkinPea. Installation was a little buggy, as it didn't glide nearly as well as the ArmorSuit. As a matter of fact, it had very little glide, I had to pretty much get it on the money when laying it on the screen. Looks good on the phone, sliding finger on it feels kind of tacky. It is NOT 'orange peel' free as they claim and it is no less than the ArmorSuit.

There is an issue with mine and it looks like a manufacturing defect. Been trying to get in touch with SkinPea, since 4 days after I received the screen protector, and have yet to hear back from them and it's been just over a month and a half now! VERY disappointing!
    If and when I hear from them I'm going for a refund.

So, I'll be ordering a Skinomi next and we'll see how that one goes :)
    10-17-2013 01:57 PM
    Uggggh...Have had 3 GG/GG2 devices (Sammy GS Mesmerize, Moto Electrify2, Lumia 928). All have been kept naked, usually ride around in my pocket. I work IT in an auto dealership group, so these phones have been exposed and used in "unkind" environments. NEVER have had any problems with the screen, and very few issues with the bodies. HATE my wife's GS3 wife a screen protector.

Not sure what everyone does to mar their phones, but just my $0.02
    10-17-2013 03:01 PM
52 123