Best scratch guard for Lumia 928?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, the ones the Verizon store had on release date aren't bad either. They do have a very slippery touch to them and your finger slides very well across it, you get 3 for $13.
I agree. Don't forget to mention if you have a discount on your account for 25% off of that $13, too. :wink:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
There is a common misconception that Gorilla Glass prevents all scratches and abrasions. This is not the case and never has been. Gorilla Glass just makes the the glass more scratch resistant. If you keep your unprotected phone in your pocket with your keys, for instance, eventually scratches will occur.

I installed one of these ArmorSuit Protectors on my wife's 8X and she really likes it. It may be good for the 928.

Last edited:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you would think. I have a few hairline scratches on mine that drive me crazy. My iP5 screen is still flawless after 9 months. This one not so much after 2 weeks.
Could that be because when face down, the Nokia is resting on its glass where the iPhone is resting on its bezel?

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but I did order a protector from SkinPea. It seems to be very good from the reviews. I may just get one of those belt holsters instead but we shall see.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Two recommendations seems good to me, enough to check it out at least. I have no problem giving it a go!

Question: is there such thing as a protector with oleophobic coating?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Once upon a time I got "SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]" for my nexus. They were pretty good, and were markedly better than the standard Verizon screen protectors.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Once upon a time I got "SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]" for my nexus. They were pretty good, and were markedly better than the standard Verizon screen protectors.

I'll keep an eye out for a similar thing for the Lumia. Or those glass ones if they can figure out how to curve them.... Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Alcarnor14

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've used the SPG screen protectors on various phones and they are very good. Currently using the Verizon ones right now. They're decent enough, just no oleophobic coating. And at $15 for a 3 pack, inexpensive.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I really disliked gummy/tacky feel of the Zagg Invisible Shield on the screen. But, it was perfect for me as a protective layer for the sides and back. I found the naked polycarbonate a little too slippery, and after a few drops in the parking lot and a few small scuffs I decided I needed something. If you're dead set against putting anything on the phone, I guess that's that; but I thought the little bit of protection and the improved grip were well worth it. Here's a pic after five months of daily use:
View attachment 35211

where did you find a protector for the back

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, I have a 920. If you do too, then the details below will be helpful. AFAIK, Zagg does not yet offer anything for the 928.

I purchased the Zagg invisibleSHIELD Full Body directly from Zagg for about $25, I think. I only used the back portion, but you can't buy it separately. They also offered a Max Protect version that included little strips for the top and bottom. Don't be confused by Zagg's parenthetical descriptions; when they say "front and back" they actually mean front/back/sides, and when they say"front, back and sides" they actually mean front/back/sides/top/bottom.

Anyway, you can order from Zagg or from Amazon:
Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
Amazon.com: ZAGG NOKPR920MC invisibleSHIELD for Nokia Lumia 920 - Maximum Coverage - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the ones from Verizon and they seem to work well. I also used the Skinomi and didn't like the rubbery feel to the screen. I am a fan of the SPG Spigen versions but couldn't wait for them to come out. I am surprised how nice the VZW version one is. Smooth and easy to apply.

Berkley Todd

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I really really love Skinomi cases. Some people say they feel to "rubbery", and it definitely is less smooth than the screen, but visually I rarely notice it. It also covers the WHOLE screen, not just the viewing area. I would definitely recommend Skinomi.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am a fan of the SPG Spigen versions but couldn't wait for them to come out.
I got either an email or tweet last week from Spigen saying they had no plans to offer a product for the 920. I would assume the same applies to the 928 and 925, unless they are massive hits.

7 KDZ

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I've always used zagg screen protectors on my phones even though they are a bit tacky, they last the life of the phone (they will replace them for free if something should happen to it). I recently tried the newer HD version on my kindle and it's super slick, almost as good as the glass. I'm hoping they offer an HD version for the 928. They currently only have the standard one for the 822.

bshu55

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a skinomi from amazon and its amazing. It doesn't have a gummy feel or anything and when I put it on I couldn't tell the difference between my actual gorilla glass and the skinomi screen protector. I got it for $9 lol

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I am seriously impressed with the ArmorSuit one I picked up on Amazon. I decided to spring for a more expensive one this time around, thinking it would be better. It's night and day better than the one I used for my 822, which I was perfectly happy with. This thing is amazing. Covers the whole screen. The instructions told me that any remaining defects after installation would disappear in 24-48 hours. I didn't believe it, but they did. Looks perfect. It has a very slightly "gummy" feel to it, but not much, mostly feels like the original glass. I've never held loyalty to a screen protector company before, but I'll stick with this brand from now on.

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Nokia Lumia 928 Screen Protector Shield Ultra Clear + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion