Hey all,

I picked up a 928. I connect it to a USB charger and it charges fine, with no issues. I drop it on a wireless QI charger (tried 2 different, a Nokia and a Energizer) and it does not charge. I hard reset it (incase) and still does not work with the wireless charger. I have a Verizon HTC 8X with wireless charging, so I confirmed both wireless chargers work fine.

Anyone have an idea or should I be calling Nokia ?
    06-04-2013 10:33 PM
    Since you tried it with two different wireless chargers and confirmed with another device that the wireless chargers indeed work, it sounds to me like the wireless charging coil in your 928 may be defective. But based on what I've read online, Nokia seems pretty good about taking care of this kind of thing. I'd contact them and see what they say.
    DavidinCT and xandros9 like this.
    06-04-2013 10:53 PM
    Sounds like a defective phone.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-04-2013 11:39 PM
    Just what I thought but, wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything.

Edit: Went to nokia.com and just put my IEMI number in and it's under warranty, so easy to do with out even calling them. They pay for shipping too. Simple and easy... I already got my email for it.
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 06-05-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    06-05-2013 05:18 AM
    Where did you buy the phone? If from a Verizon retail store, you should be able to just take it back there for a new one.
    06-05-2013 10:42 AM
    Where did you buy the phone? If from a Verizon retail store, you should be able to just take it back there for a new one.
    THIS.

or

Maybe you broke the wireless charging feature when you tried to ram a SD card into it?

In all seriousness, if possible exchange it where you bought it. You won't have to deal with shipping, repair work, phone downtime, etc.
    hopmedic and DavidinCT like this.
    06-05-2013 10:55 AM
    Is it cased? Is it a THICK case, or a metallic case? Either one will screw up wireless charging.
    06-05-2013 11:54 AM
    No case on the phone, and personally, I would rather send it to Nokia than taking a chance getting a refurbed one from Verizon.

The phone also has a spot in the Windows button, so I figure Nokia is the best way to get this resolved correctly.

I still have my 8X, so it's simple to just change the Sim card over... I can wait the week it will take, not a big deal to me. I will just avoid any big games on my 8X as I cant transfer game saves over (unless someone figured out a way to backup game saves ??).

I had a 822 that was dead, could only get it to boot to the "Nokia" logo and would never go to the next step. They sent it back in 4 days and gave me a brand new one. Their customer service is some of the best I have ever seen.

So, it's worth it to me to deal with the week turn-around time to make sure it's fixed and fixed right...
    06-05-2013 12:49 PM
    No big deal since you have a backup phone while you wait, but I think with Verizon as long as you are within your return window you will get a brand new device as an excange. Outside that window is when you get the referbs.

No case on the phone, and personally, I would rather send it to Nokia than taking a chance getting a refurbed one from Verizon.

The phone also has a spot in the Windows button, so I figure Nokia is the best way to get this resolved correctly.

I still have my 8X, so it's simple to just change the Sim card over... I can wait the week it will take, not a big deal to me. I will just avoid any big games on my 8X as I cant transfer game saves over (unless someone figured out a way to backup game saves ??).

I had a 822 that was dead, could only get it to boot to the "Nokia" logo and would never go to the next step. They sent it back in 4 days and gave me a brand new one. Their customer service is some of the best I have ever seen.

So, it's worth it to me to deal with the week turn-around time to make sure it's fixed and fixed right...
    06-05-2013 01:01 PM
    No big deal since you have a backup phone while you wait, but I think with Verizon as long as you are within your return window you will get a brand new device as an excange. Outside that window is when you get the referbs.
    Did not get it directly from Verizon, so that path could be headache(it was gotten at a store, just not my local). My local "Official" Vzw store is full of lazy F***'s who dont want to help unless your buying something. I have walked in with support based questions before and after getting blown off, I even said "So your not going to do ANYTHING for me here" and was told NO. Worse customer service ever and this is based off of years going there.

I'll deal with the week to get support with a smile on their face and dont have to deal with that BS...

It's not a big deal to go back to the 8X, after all, they are pretty much the same phone as speed and performance go. Only reason I wanted the 928 is because of more space, if the 8X had 32gb, I would not even got the 928...
    jasqid likes this.
    06-05-2013 01:08 PM
    Did not get it directly from Verizon, so that path could be headache(it was gotten at a store, just not my local). My local "Official" Vzw store is full of lazy F***'s who dont want to help unless your buying something. I have walked in with support based questions before and after getting blown off, I even said "So your not going to do ANYTHING for me here" and was told NO. Worse customer service ever and this is based off of years going there.

I'll deal with the week to get support with a smile on their face and dont have to deal with that BS...

It's not a big deal to go back to the 8X, after all, they are pretty much the same phone as speed and performance go. Only reason I wanted the 928 is because of more space, if the 8X had 32gb, I would not even got the 928...
    That's....unsettling. All I can say is I've been dealing with VZW a long time and I've never been mistreated by customer service, either on the phone or in person. I'd definitely make a call, and while you're at it talk about the miserable experience you had at your store. They need a smack upside the head :) Just don't take your bad experience out on the phone person. Their job sucks enough as it is and being nice will get you more action.
    06-05-2013 02:22 PM
    That's....unsettling. All I can say is I've been dealing with VZW a long time and I've never been mistreated by customer service, either on the phone or in person. I'd definitely make a call, and while you're at it talk about the miserable experience you had at your store. They need a smack upside the head :) Just don't take your bad experience out on the phone person. Their job sucks enough as it is and being nice will get you more action.
    Calling in is better but, I have been with Verizon for years(15+ now)....Trust me, I could tell you some customer service nightmares with Verizon. I could almost write a book. I'll give an example of a nightmare story, Verizion updated a phone for me years ago, They broke it (it stopped working), the store manager called me a thief and to screw (went all the way to corporate and someone lost their job but took 3 months to get it resolved). Many times told one thing from CS and a total different thing from sales people, and MANY times.. things just months ago, not years ago.

The Phone CS are getting better, the stores are hit or miss (depending on where you live), still get different stories from CS to sales people....nothing new.

If I want a better CS from a store, it's out of the way but, I know that store has been good.

Trust me, you will hear different stories based on CS from different people. I just seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time... So I avoid it if I can...
    06-05-2013 07:02 PM
    Maybe you broke the wireless charging feature when you tried to ram a SD card into it?
    :D

Good luck, let us know how the service turnaround is, and as for the Goat, this comment made me laugh.

(I was thinking the phone had some sort of karma about it -- it KNEW DiCT didn't really love it :P
    nufan947 and hopmedic like this.
    06-07-2013 10:23 AM

Good luck, let us know how the service turnaround is, and as for the Goat, this comment made me laugh.

(I was thinking the phone had some sort of karma about it -- it KNEW DiCT didn't really love it :P
    Never said I didn't love it. Well, after all, it is a phone and if I say I love it, I've got other issues. :)

After playing with it for a day or 2, It's a nice phone, it's a little better than the 8X but, not worlds better....still a nice phone.

It was shipped out to Nokia yesterday, 2nd day UPS, they wont get it till Monday, let's see if I get it before next weekend, as I would love to have it for the trip I am making next weekend...to show it off a little and really test out the camera...
    06-07-2013 01:56 PM
    From my understanding, as Verizon only uses the SIM card for occasions when you travel and need it for GSM roaming, transferring the SIM card will not reactivate your 8X. I would think you would need to call Verizon and port your number back to your 8X and then back to your new 928 when you get it, and no doubt, Verizon will charge you for each new activation. I have to admit, I've never tried to do it that way but that's always been my understanding about Verizon and SIM cards. Have things changed with LTE?
    06-10-2013 03:30 PM
    I do not have an LTE phone (yet!) but yeah, when they went to LTE the SIM became standard. They still have the CDMA radios so not sure if the switching phone process is still the same, but as a side note, I was never charged for swapping phones on my line (past the initial activation in 200...5?).
    From my understanding, as Verizon only uses the SIM card for occasions when you travel and need it for GSM roaming, transferring the SIM card will not reactivate your 8X. I would think you would need to call Verizon and port your number back to your 8X and then back to your new 928 when you get it, and no doubt, Verizon will charge you for each new activation. I have to admit, I've never tried to do it that way but that's always been my understanding about Verizon and SIM cards. Have things changed with LTE?
    06-10-2013 08:07 PM
    No. Putting the SIM card into any Verizon phone will enable your phone number on that phone and you will have full service. The nice thing is that if you use backup your text messages follow you from device to device.
    06-11-2013 06:16 AM
    Incorrect, LTE needs a SIM card, it works just like GSM does now (and love this feature). This is ONLY for LTE based phones, You can't take a LTE SIM and put it in a 3G phone, it wont work.

So, When I had my 928, I just poped my SIM into my 8X and rebooted the phone, no configuration or anything, I was getting text message and calls right way. I always wished Verizon was GSM because of this, I hated changing ESNs on their site...

No. Putting the SIM card into any Verizon phone will enable your phone number on that phone and you will have full service. The nice thing is that if you use backup your text messages follow you from device to device.
    Not Any phone, LTE based phone. It will not work with 3G devices (confirmed this with Verizon)
    06-11-2013 09:39 AM

I got my replacement phone today. They sent me a brand new one and wireless charging works but, still got crap behind the Windows Key and I even requested they fixed it (noted that in the ticket I created). Still, it's not a referb, a brand new in a box.

It took about 12 days from leaving my hands to getting it back (including weekends). I was disappointed over all in this service this time. Time, last time I shipped them a phone, it took 7 days, from leaving my hands to getting it back. Their website didn't even show they got the phone, after 5 days I called them and they started to give me a "tone" like I was calling when they just got the phone (they had it for 3 days and No updates on their web site). At no point did it show ANY status on their web site.

They Wireless charging was fixed but, I put 2 issues in the ticket, Wireless charger and junk behind the windows key. Quality control for repair, not impressed.

My first time, I was impressed(a 9), 2nd time, out of a 1-10 with 10 being the best service, they get a 4.
    06-17-2013 07:20 PM
    I got my replacement phone today. They sent me a brand new one and wireless charging works but, still got crap behind the Windows Key and I even requested they fixed it (noted that in the ticket I created). Still, it's not a referb, a brand new in a box.

It took about 12 days from leaving my hands to getting it back (including weekends). I was disappointed over all in this service this time. Time, last time I shipped them a phone, it took 7 days, from leaving my hands to getting it back. Their website didn't even show they got the phone, after 5 days I called them and they started to give me a "tone" like I was calling when they just got the phone (they had it for 3 days and No updates on their web site). At no point did it show ANY status on their web site.

They Wireless charging was fixed but, I put 2 issues in the ticket, Wireless charger and junk behind the windows key. Quality control for repair, not impressed.

My first time, I was impressed(a 9), 2nd time, out of a 1-10 with 10 being the best service, they get a 4.
    Same bad customer service here from Nokia. Returned a Lumia 822 that was still under warranty for a broken USB port. According to the website it looked like they were sending me back a fixed phone but when I got it they said that there was water damage!... Phone has never seen water!!! Not to mention you can clearly see that the port is broken when you look at it... it is too far in for the cable connection to make contact so the phone doesn't charge. I also explained this in the trouble ticket.

The fact that I can see this and their experienced so called tech didn't is beyone me!
    06-18-2013 10:15 AM

32GB storage is 98% the reason I plan on changing from my 8x. Other 2% is Nokia exclusive apps and experience.
    06-19-2013 10:42 PM
    32GB storage is 98% the reason I plan on changing from my 8x. Other 2% is Nokia exclusive apps and experience.
    Depends on what you pay for it, if your paying full retail for it, It's not that major of a upgrade over the 8X. Actually the 8X is ligher and feels beter in the hand (I will do a full compare after having the 928 for over 1 week). You have to ask your self, is 13ish gb worth $500 ? The apps are a moot point sure they get some exclusives but, there are plenty of other apps.

Last return I thought their service was almost as bad as Verizon (and that is pretty bad) so the experience was not there.
    06-20-2013 09:01 AM