I bought the Nokia JBL (NFC) Speakers with wireless charging; problems

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
First off I must say this speaker system sounds awesome, I got the larger sized JBL dock with wireless charging from AT&T online, and they shipped it to me. I can hook the phone up directly audio out or pair with bluetooth(works good), but the NFC aspect which I really bought these speakers for does not WORK! Yes, it does charge my phone. I have the Tap+Send feature ticked on in my settings menu. But when I put the phone on the dock it doesnt pair like it should. Anybody know what to do? For now, I just use the bluetooth pairing but I'd rather use the NFC pairing. Is there something I need to do to get this working right?

I have the Nokia 928 from Verizon, in case you were wondering.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, NFC just initiates the transfer via Bluetooth.
Every time I've tried to use NFC with anything it requires I have Bluetooth on as well.

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, NFC just initiates the transfer via Bluetooth.
Every time I've tried to use NFC with anything it requires I have Bluetooth on as well.

This is how it works for me. Both options have to be enabled on the phone, then I tap the phone to the front edge of the JBL and it's done. Very easy.

jamsesh

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I can hook the phone up directly audio out or pair with bluetooth(works good), but the NFC aspect which I really bought these speakers for does not WORK!

My understanding of NFC is that it simply initiates connection (faster than bluetooth pairing alone). The bluetooth connection is what actually does the data transfer.

That said, I'm no expert and googling may be more helpful. Anybody know for sure?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like you've got it right. All you should have to do is tap the BT area with phone, and the first time it will ask you if you want to accept. Tap yes, and it will pair. After that, all you have to do when you want to use the speaker is tap, and the pairing will be automatic and you can start playing.

I agree - for the size of this little package that the speakers are in, they sound really good. I only wish it had a handle, because I move it around the house - out on the deck, to the garage, to listen while I work or relax. A hide-away handle would be great.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
First off I must say this speaker system sounds awesome, I got the larger sized JBL dock with wireless charging from AT&T online, and they shipped it to me. I can hook the phone up directly audio out or pair with bluetooth(works good), but the NFC aspect which I really bought these speakers for does not WORK! Yes, it does charge my phone. I have the Tap+Send feature ticked on in my settings menu. But when I put the phone on the dock it doesnt pair like it should. Anybody know what to do? For now, I just use the bluetooth pairing but I'd rather use the NFC pairing. Is there something I need to do to get this working right?

I have the Nokia 928 from Verizon, in case you were wondering.

I'm not sure if you're doing this or not, but just setting the phone on the charging plate isn't enough. You have to touch the phone to the NFC tag on the speaker first (where NFC is written) and it'll ask for confirmation. That's how the charging stand with NFC works too. I can just set it on the charger and it'll start charging, but if I want the NFC to work too, I have to tap the NFC tag at the base of the charger first, accept, then set the phone on the charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss