Is it really that bad?

alludba

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I am a Blackberry user that was planning on buying the Lumia 928 from Verizon. I still plan on keeping my Blackberry Z10. I originally wanted to buy the 920 but I didn't want to switch to AT&T. I've read posts by people complaining about the 928 which made me hold off from buying it for a bit. So I wanted to ask you, does the phone have many bugs and issues? Or is it just people making small problems seem bigger? Thanks

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, most people make a racket when complaining and are silent while appreciating something, so you may as well take the risk. After all, there's a return window, and you might be lucky.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
other than some faulty units, I never seen a complain of bugs. We 920 owners had iron them off for you guys XD

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My 928 has been flawless so far and its exceeded all my expectations. I had the Z10 but as much as I wanted to keep it I am glad I didn't! You won't be disappointed with the 928.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the problems are going to be the minority, but just like in politics, it is the minority that is the loudest. And yes, I've had problems with mine, but I realize I'm in the minority.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The 928 has been the phone that has given me the best out of box experience of any phone. I had the Z10 and returned it because the bloody thing rebooted constantly. I also have an S4, which is a HECK of a phone. But I always seem to be carrying the 928. It's just the most elegant and usable phone I've run across. I haven't had a single problem with it. The only annoyance I have is the lack of a rotation lock. But otherwise it's as close to perfect for me as a phone has yet gotten.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It is unfortunate that others are experiencing problems, but I am one that has not had any of the issues people have listed.

• No "gunky", smudged home keys.
  • Never has it randomly rebooted.
  • No issue with overly loud sounds or vibrations.
  • Mine does not have a "creaking" sound when pressing down on any of the four corners.
  • No raised bezel.

Am I missing anything else?

As with MikeLip, this has been the best out-of-box experience I have ever had with, not only a phone, but with type of electronics. Granted it has only been three weeks, but it's been the best three weeks ever!

Last edited:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have had is the gunky Windows button and I don't mind. It's cosmetic to me. If anything, I think of it as a digital fingerprint. I can identify my 928 from others. ;-)

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
No problems here.

I guess I can see what some people are complaining about regarding the home button. Yeah it looks a little funky when back lit but you really have to be looking at it to notice. Not sure I would have noticed it if I hadn't read about it on here. It's cetainly not a reason to exchange it as "defective" because of it....it's just a phone.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Loved it so far. Had one freeze/reboot while it was in my locker at the gym. Dunno what caused it, but maybe because I'd just turned off my bluetooth headset? Only blip on my radar so far.

Made in flanders

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Blackberry fan and only have an old bold 9900 now. The lumia 928 looks like a good phone for me, but I just wanted to point out that these kind of fora are always flooded with topics reporting problems. Just look at the topics on Crackberry about the Z10 and the Q10!;)

Bobert_123

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well personally I would never give up my Z10 willingly, but if I were forced to switch, the 920/5/8 would definitely be my choice. Nokia makes awesome phones and WP8 really does look awesome, especially compared to ios imho.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Being in manufacturing, albeit in avionics (circuit cards and assemblies) and also having worked for a commercial electronics circuit card manufacturer, I can attest that 95% is considered "good", so just about any product is going to have enough "issues" to get a lot of chatter. So if you consider that most manufacturers are doing good when 5 out of 100 customers get defective product, you can see that forums like these will have a large number of people complaining about issues.

It doesn't help that most of this stuff is made in China now, where QA inspection is abominable, you can see how all the phone manufacturers will have threads about issues with their phones, including the iPhone.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I am a heavy user with my 928 and as far as reliability goes the 928 is awesome! I send at least 30 photos daily via email or mms and the comments I get on the photo quality is amazing. I shot over 100 photos of a cancer walk and sent them to family members and they were all amazed at the quality.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss