07-14-2013 06:21 PM
44 12
tools
    I am a Blackberry user that was planning on buying the Lumia 928 from Verizon. I still plan on keeping my Blackberry Z10. I originally wanted to buy the 920 but I didn't want to switch to AT&T. I've read posts by people complaining about the 928 which made me hold off from buying it for a bit. So I wanted to ask you, does the phone have many bugs and issues? Or is it just people making small problems seem bigger? Thanks
    06-06-2013 01:00 AM
    Well, most people make a racket when complaining and are silent while appreciating something, so you may as well take the risk. After all, there's a return window, and you might be lucky.
    06-06-2013 01:32 AM
    other than some faulty units, I never seen a complain of bugs. We 920 owners had iron them off for you guys XD
    06-06-2013 03:37 AM
    My 928 has been flawless so far and its exceeded all my expectations. I had the Z10 but as much as I wanted to keep it I am glad I didn't! You won't be disappointed with the 928.
    Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express
    jleebiker and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-06-2013 05:25 AM
    Yeah, the problems are going to be the minority, but just like in politics, it is the minority that is the loudest. And yes, I've had problems with mine, but I realize I'm in the minority.
    06-06-2013 06:35 AM
    The 928 has been the phone that has given me the best out of box experience of any phone. I had the Z10 and returned it because the bloody thing rebooted constantly. I also have an S4, which is a HECK of a phone. But I always seem to be carrying the 928. It's just the most elegant and usable phone I've run across. I haven't had a single problem with it. The only annoyance I have is the lack of a rotation lock. But otherwise it's as close to perfect for me as a phone has yet gotten.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2013 12:31 PM
    It is unfortunate that others are experiencing problems, but I am one that has not had any of the issues people have listed.

• No "gunky", smudged home keys.
    • Never has it randomly rebooted.
    • No issue with overly loud sounds or vibrations.
    • Mine does not have a "creaking" sound when pressing down on any of the four corners.
    • No raised bezel.

Am I missing anything else?

As with MikeLip, this has been the best out-of-box experience I have ever had with, not only a phone, but with type of electronics. Granted it has only been three weeks, but it's been the best three weeks ever!
    Last edited by Vallos; 06-06-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    nunyazz likes this.
    06-06-2013 12:48 PM
    The only issue I have had is the gunky Windows button and I don't mind. It's cosmetic to me. If anything, I think of it as a digital fingerprint. I can identify my 928 from others. ;-)
    06-06-2013 01:23 PM
    No problems here.

I guess I can see what some people are complaining about regarding the home button. Yeah it looks a little funky when back lit but you really have to be looking at it to notice. Not sure I would have noticed it if I hadn't read about it on here. It's cetainly not a reason to exchange it as "defective" because of it....it's just a phone.
    06-06-2013 01:23 PM
    My wife and I each bought one on launch day and both have been terrific. Zero issues, fantastic device.
    06-06-2013 01:46 PM
    Loved it so far. Had one freeze/reboot while it was in my locker at the gym. Dunno what caused it, but maybe because I'd just turned off my bluetooth headset? Only blip on my radar so far.
    06-06-2013 02:09 PM
    This thread is making me very happy to get ready to switch. Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    bawboh86 and MDak280 like this.
    06-06-2013 02:17 PM
    I'm a Blackberry fan and only have an old bold 9900 now. The lumia 928 looks like a good phone for me, but I just wanted to point out that these kind of fora are always flooded with topics reporting problems. Just look at the topics on Crackberry about the Z10 and the Q10!;)
    06-06-2013 02:46 PM
    Well personally I would never give up my Z10 willingly, but if I were forced to switch, the 920/5/8 would definitely be my choice. Nokia makes awesome phones and WP8 really does look awesome, especially compared to ios imho.
    bawboh86 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-06-2013 02:55 PM
    Being in manufacturing, albeit in avionics (circuit cards and assemblies) and also having worked for a commercial electronics circuit card manufacturer, I can attest that 95% is considered "good", so just about any product is going to have enough "issues" to get a lot of chatter. So if you consider that most manufacturers are doing good when 5 out of 100 customers get defective product, you can see that forums like these will have a large number of people complaining about issues.

It doesn't help that most of this stuff is made in China now, where QA inspection is abominable, you can see how all the phone manufacturers will have threads about issues with their phones, including the iPhone.
    Laura Knotek and Vallos like this.
    06-06-2013 04:41 PM
    Okay thanks guys, I should be getting it soon!
    06-07-2013 12:09 AM
    Good luck, then!

Just try not to have luck as bad as a certain member who had to return his 928 seven times.
    06-07-2013 01:01 AM
    I am a heavy user with my 928 and as far as reliability goes the 928 is awesome! I send at least 30 photos daily via email or mms and the comments I get on the photo quality is amazing. I shot over 100 photos of a cancer walk and sent them to family members and they were all amazed at the quality.
    Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-07-2013 07:34 AM
    Good luck, then!

Just try not to have luck as bad as a certain member who had to return his 928 seven times.
    I have to believe that seven returns says the problem is more with the owner than with the phone.
    nunyazz likes this.
    06-07-2013 08:43 AM
    I have to believe that seven returns says the problem is more with the owner than with the phone.
    Don't throw stones unless you've walked in his shoes. I'm waiting on a fourth to come from Nokia.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-07-2013 10:44 AM
    On my 3rd.. And I think the fact that the users (myself included) are getting replacement 928's even after one or more problematic devices and not jumping ship to a different device speaks volumes about this phone. If my 3rd goes wonky I will be getting a 4th.. And I think that says all that needs saying about the 928.
    nufan947 likes this.
    06-07-2013 10:53 AM
    Good luck, then!

That would be me.

No disrespect, but I can guarantee you it's not the owner. I have owned Android phones over 4 years and have done heavy rooting, modding, rom'ing, theming, etc and had the 8X before this phone. I don't want to go back to Android, believe me. But to say my issues with the 928 are user error is a slap in the face to me. I am more technologically advanced than the average person and then some. Yeah maybe I am more OCD about having a defect free device, but I feel it's my right to have one at the prices we pay.

Don't throw stones unless you've walked in his shoes. I'm waiting on a fourth to come from Nokia.
    Thanks bro, I know that you know where I'm coming from.
    06-07-2013 11:43 AM
    I bought it day 1 and it's been just about perfect for me. Haven't experienced any debilitating bugs or defects. Software and hardware both seem great and I've had no problems with either. The only thing I will say, and I don't think this is really a defect, is that the vibrate does seem a bit on the quiet/weak side as others have mentioned. Still does the job, so no complaints from me. I will say if you get this phone, just handle it carefully and it's probably in your best interest to get a case. This thing can get a little slippery, and I feel like the beautiful glass face will shatter if I drop it.
    06-07-2013 02:28 PM
    With you coming from the Z10 it will be interesting to know your opinion after a week or so. Though I'm a Microsoft fanboy, I've used all type of mobile devices for my job. I'm currently setting up a BES10 environment so I've been using the Z10 for about 2-3 weeks now as a daily driver. I actually went back to my 822 a few days ago because I just couldn't get comfortable with it. (Prior to the 822 I used the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4S.)

The Z10, which some cool features for the corporate world, i.e. Blackberry Balance, just seemed like it had way too many steps to get to different places. With Windows Phone, BAM, you're in and you're out. So it will be interesting to hear your opinion being on BB10 before going to WP8.
    06-07-2013 02:43 PM
    ... So if you consider that most manufacturers are doing good when 5 out of 100 customers get defective product, you can see that forums like these will have a large number of people complaining about issues.
    ...including the iPhone.
    You will always find ssomeone complaining, and the complaints I see here are the petty kind. People don't want to give it a perfect score so they make up stuff...
    06-07-2013 02:50 PM
44 12