Verizon $35 Activiation Fee Credit

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Shopping around for prices on the 928 I came across a promo on Staples' website about a $35 Activation Fee Bill Credit from Verizon. What I can't figure out is if this is just a Staples promotion. It doesn't mention Staples in the fine print, but I can't locate it anywhere else. Also trying to figure out if this works for upgrades. It doesn't appear that it does: "Offer not valid...on an existing line of service."

Edit: missed the second bullet, new line of service only.

Capture.PNG

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of Verizon fees, when did they start charging a ridiculous $30 "upgrade fee"? That nonsense is just beyond the pale.

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah its seriously ridiculous. It had to have started within the last 2 years about. I don't remember paying it last time I upgraded.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
has anyone gotten any confirmation if this is legit or not?
It's legit. From the Customer Agreement:
[h=4]Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?[/h]We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change.

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The upgrade fee started around May or last year. Honestly it is just a fee that helps Verizon to recoup the loss they take when they sell a subsidized phone. Apple and Amazon have the most to blame for this. Its no secret that any company loses money on each iPhone it sells. Accessories are what help to bring the company closer to recouping the subsidy...but now with knowledge of accessory prices on Amazon, less people are buying accessories in store.

Also, every other company charges it, so I'm sure Verizon figured they should get in on some free money.

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought my phones thru newegg on June 1st. Activated them on the 3rd when I got them thru the mail. Called Verizon on the 8th about getting my activation fees waived and no deal! Called again today and only got one waived. I had 3 lines with Sprint that I brought over to Verizon and only got the one wavied. I am totally bummed about that! That is a total of $105 dollars that I could have back. I still love the faster speeds with Verizon and my Lumia 928 but so far the customer service is -1 for Verizon. Still nothing to be totally bummed about right?!?!?!??!

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Wait, so Verizon has terrible customer service because they won't waive your activation fees? Verizon would have been out of business long ago if they said yes to everyone.
If NewEgg was running a promo with act fee credits, they should show on your first or second bill. Its applied systematically, and won't even begin to generate until after the return period passes.

chase1963

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a black 928 tonight through telesales. The only reason i resigned with VZW is due to a new smoking offer for upgraders. (Dumb to Smartphone) $60. per month - Unlimited talk, Text with 2 Gigs of LTE Data. I also said i wouldn't agree to any of it unless they removed the silly "money grab" $30. upgrade fee. They did. I also had them throw in free overnight shipping. All ya gotta do is not let them control the sale. I literally had to have the telesales agent repeat the offer 3 times... couldn't believe it. True story though..

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a black 928 tonight through telesales. The only reason i resigned with VZW is due to a new smoking offer for upgraders. (Dumb to Smartphone) $60. per month - Unlimited talk, Text with 2 Gigs of LTE Data. I also said i wouldn't agree to any of it unless they removed the silly "money grab" $30. upgrade fee. They did. I also had them throw in free overnight shipping. All ya gotta do is not let them control the sale. I literally had to have the telesales agent repeat the offer 3 times... couldn't believe it. True story though..
is that the only way to get that plan is to go from dumb to smartphone?

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I assume somebody from Verizon called you and you negotiated this deal. I didn't see this anywhere on their website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss