Thinking of coming back

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok well i use to have the Trophy but went to android and have the galaxy s3. My questions is that i have so much into android is it even worth. I have my email with gmail which i use myname@mydomain.com. Also I have my music with google music as well as using google drive. I also got rid of my windows notebook and purchased a chromebook. Can i make the switch? Do they offer services like google.

Eric

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Things like email, music, and cloud storage are on all the major mobile OS's. Those are easy to replace. If you like WP8's UI/UX, the live tiles, Nokia's build and support, the camera, or just dislike Google's creepy data mining (and their head's creepy book about how our loss of privacy leads to better government) then come on over. :)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The other thing is that in WP8, the Office integration is SEAMLESS and SMOOTH. Much improved over 7.5 or even 7.8. Everyone has an emulator or "reader" for Office docs. This is the REAL deal. Sooooo smooth.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows live domains are free. You get access to email using your custom domain sky drive as well as their productivity products. As far as music goes that's up in the air. With so much invested in Google products I don't see why switching would be on your mind.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Email will not be a problem. You will probably want to move your google docs to SkyDrive , and export your contacts from Gmail to your live account. From there , pick up cloudmuzik for your google music library and enjoy the best OS available on mobile. 😊

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Email will not be a problem. You will probably want to move your google docs to SkyDrive , and export your contacts from Gmail to your live account. From there , pick up cloudmuzik for your google music library and enjoy the best OS available on mobile. 😊

I second that, cloudmuzik is awesome! Come on over buddy!

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
The other thing is that in WP8, the Office integration is SEAMLESS and SMOOTH. Much improved over 7.5 or even 7.8. Everyone has an emulator or "reader" for Office docs. This is the REAL deal. Sooooo smooth.

It is smooth but not as robust as some Android apps. For instance, with WP8 Word It will NOT show any inking on documents that I have annotated, but with my Android Office apps they all have the correct formatting. The same is true with WP8 Excel. The formatting doesn't always show the complete cell information but does with my Android Office apps. The one thing that WP8 Office does completely is shows all inking notes when viewing OneNote documents while Android versions do not. It depends on what type of Office apps you use most. I use OneNote the most so I can live with the weak Word and Excel options. If you use Excel and Word a lot I would certainly test your documents with the Office app on WP8 while you have a return window to make sure that the shortcomings are acceptable.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok well i use to have the Trophy but went to android and have the galaxy s3. My questions is that i have so much into android is it even worth. I have my email with gmail which i use myname@mydomain.com. Also I have my music with google music as well as using google drive. I also got rid of my windows notebook and purchased a chromebook. Can i make the switch? Do they offer services like google.

Eric

I switched from gmail to outlook and couldnt be happier. I had 7+ years of emails and all my contacts with gmail, but used the "Outlook TrueSwitch" and now have everything on outlook.com Highly recommend it

https://secure5.trueswitch.com/hotmail/

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Which Android Office app are we talking about here? That has not been my experience with these apps. The ones I have tried all seem to have their shortcomings. I will admit I have probably not used the right ones. One we use at work and the other came preinstalled on an older Android phone. Also, while your experience with these apps might qualify as "robust", that does not match my experience.

Dave

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Eric

I admittedly don't value integration quite as much as you do, but I've uploaded all of my music (well, all of my music I actually want to listen to) to Google Music and also have (in addition to multiple Windows PCs) a chromebook, which I like a lot. But if I had to choose between Android (have owned 2 smartphones and 1 tablet) and Windows Phone (have owned 1 smartphone and 1 Windows 8 PC), I'll pick Windows Phone every day of the week. Android, IMO, just has too many software and hardware related to the software issues and never seems to work ideally, whereas my HTC Trophy (admittedly a Windows Phone 7 device) gave me very, very few problems outside of an e-mail issue about 2 months after I bought it.

Incidentally, I think Hotmail/web-based Outlook is vastly superior to Gmail, but that's just me.

P.S. I would consider Android OS and chromebooks two entirely different balls of wax, even if both are Google products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb