The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-25-2013 06:41 PM
39 12
tools
    Lock screen button on mine is more recessed than the volume and camera buttons. That is one of the things that I really like about the phone. I haven't had one accidental press.
    06-08-2013 05:53 PM
    I got the black and have had zero issues at all. I love mine.
    06-08-2013 11:17 PM
    How does the lock screen button feel on your black 928s. Mine feels like it needs to be pushed harder than the other buttons. It also needs to be pushed below the bezel to activate it. I can't tell if I have a defective button or this was by design to avoid accidental presses. Anyone else notice a difference in their lock screen buttons from the volume rocker?
    Yes, mine is recessed slightly. I have had 3 black 928's and the others were not recessed. Mine might be going back if it becomes a problems.
    06-09-2013 12:49 PM
    Hey guys and gals, if you don't know me by now, I'm the guy who is currently on Nokia Lumia 928 number 7. Long story short, I (along with hopmedic and I think others) sent an email to Stephen Elop about my disappointment of the defects I was encountering and he (or probably his secretary) escalated my case and I'm now dealing with a specific person at Nokia about my situation. Fast forward to today and the person I'm dealing with is going to send me a replacement phone and she claims they are going to quality test it with the defects that I told them about in mind.

The 3 major problems that plagued almost all of my devices were gunk behind the backlit keys (and yellow in color instead of white), a creaky sounding case and a rattling vibrator. Every one of the 7 had at least one of these issues if not all 3.

Anyhow, during my exchange fest at the Microsoft Store, I mixed 2 black phones in during the process. While those 2 were plagued with the other issues, neither of them seemed to creak or make clicking sounds when you pressed on the back casing.

Can all of you owners with the black version of the phone check for creaking or clicking case sounds when you press on the back casing? The area I usually hear it at is near the bottom of the phone around the speaker area. If none of you report sounds, it might be that the black is different somehow in production or the material itself.

Thanks!
    Mine doesn't have any creaking noises, but when the phone is under very low light there are several bubbles on the screen and when the start button backlight is on, there is a whiter colored spot, mind I have not even used a screen protector. Its difficult to return when you take the phone into the store (mind most haven't even seen one in my region) and they can't tell anything because it looks perfect in sunlight.
    Last edited by Trevor Halsey; 06-11-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: forgot quote
    06-11-2013 06:47 PM
    Mine arrived from Newegg yesterday afternoon. It is perfect as far as I can tell. What a great looking and great functioning device!
    06-12-2013 06:40 PM
    No creaking, but do have an awful vibration sound and the soft key issues. Going to try to exchange today.
    06-13-2013 11:13 AM
    The only issue i have is the soft keys... I think i can live with it. Next time im in the store ill take a look at theirs. Both my GF's and mine look the exact same on the softkeys.
    06-13-2013 11:38 AM
    Hmm, I don't know about other people but has the start button started to look worse after some use? I know its ~3 layers deep below the outside world, but the various manufacturing defects bother me. And I still can't return this phone because of the fact that it can only be seen when its backlit and the screen bubble, you have to look at it in almost extremely low light. (Like glow of your nightlight/desktop startbutton light dark) Any real light this phone looks perfect. I can see why all of this passed inspection though. Its barely noticable in normal lighting. Heck even in direct sunlight, I noticed that the phone seems to adjust the gamma in the screen; the color becomes slightly bleached.
    06-24-2013 02:09 PM
    The only issue i have is the soft keys... I think i can live with it. Next time im in the store ill take a look at theirs. Both my GF's and mine look the exact same on the softkeys.
    Do you mean they have the exact same pattern of goopiness?
    06-24-2013 02:16 PM
    I've had my black one now for about a month. The vibrate was normal when I got it but just recently it seems to rattle a bit more at the end of the vibrate now. So for what it's worth, the vibrate may loosen something up eventually meaning if you don't have it now, it may develop over time.
    06-25-2013 09:52 AM
    I've only had mine for about a week but so far, no yellow buttons, no creaky housing and no rattling vibrations.
    06-25-2013 11:46 AM
    vibrate is actually quite smooth, softest vibrate I've ever had on a phone. some yellowish buttons, but it doesn't bother me with the windows logo a bit faded on the left side, and no creaks I can find squeezing and twisting it.
    06-25-2013 02:57 PM
    Dude, please strongly consider buying an iPhone or and Android. It seems you and Windows Phones don't go together
    06-25-2013 03:19 PM
    Dude, please strongly consider buying an iPhone or and Android. It seems you and Windows Phones don't go together
    I'm using a Galaxy S4 as I type, but your comment is completely absurd. Each one of my 928's had very real defects and I paid nearly $540 for the phone after taxes. It's fine if you would accept a phone with defects, but I won't.
    06-25-2013 06:41 PM
39 12