06-25-2013 06:41 PM
39 12
tools
    Hey guys and gals, if you don't know me by now, I'm the guy who is currently on Nokia Lumia 928 number 7. Long story short, I (along with hopmedic and I think others) sent an email to Stephen Elop about my disappointment of the defects I was encountering and he (or probably his secretary) escalated my case and I'm now dealing with a specific person at Nokia about my situation. Fast forward to today and the person I'm dealing with is going to send me a replacement phone and she claims they are going to quality test it with the defects that I told them about in mind.

The 3 major problems that plagued almost all of my devices were gunk behind the backlit keys (and yellow in color instead of white), a creaky sounding case and a rattling vibrator. Every one of the 7 had at least one of these issues if not all 3.

Anyhow, during my exchange fest at the Microsoft Store, I mixed 2 black phones in during the process. While those 2 were plagued with the other issues, neither of them seemed to creak or make clicking sounds when you pressed on the back casing.

Can all of you owners with the black version of the phone check for creaking or clicking case sounds when you press on the back casing? The area I usually hear it at is near the bottom of the phone around the speaker area. If none of you report sounds, it might be that the black is different somehow in production or the material itself.

Thanks!
    Last edited by WizeGuyDezignz; 06-07-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Muessig likes this.
    06-07-2013 04:45 PM
    I have the black, but have had no issues.
    06-07-2013 06:13 PM
    Had the black with creaking top right. Not bad and I learned to live with it. Switched to yellow PC replacement shell last week and have no more creaks.

edit: sorry folks. I replied to a newest post on the WPcentral app on my Lumia 920 without paying attention to the number. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 06-08-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    06-07-2013 06:26 PM
    Terrible title. Really. I first read it and I was like WTF
    nufan947 and Nogitsune Micah like this.
    06-07-2013 06:34 PM
    *Samuel L. Jackson in a stern voice* "What do you mean 'Black OWNERS?!'" LOL. kidding of course. Don't ban me.
    nufan947 and mrcrusha829 like this.
    06-07-2013 06:36 PM
    Same here. LOL
    beachhoppr likes this.
    06-07-2013 06:36 PM
    Mine black 928 is solid. No creaking in the case. Looking forward to reading Nokia's follow up to you.
    06-07-2013 06:37 PM
    LOL, sorry about the title guys, I didn't realize it would ruffle feathers or put minds in a different place. I changed the title, hopefully that works better.

Thanks for the responses thus far, please keep them coming!
    wpn00b likes this.
    06-07-2013 06:48 PM
    Black Lumia 928 = no creaks anywhere.
    06-07-2013 07:27 PM
    I have the Black 928, no creaks. The back, Windows, and search buttons have a yellowish tint. The only issue I've had happened today. I was taking my son to daycare and he was playing Where's Perry and Jetpack Joyride. When we got there, I hit the Windows button and then power button. Later at the office, the sound for my appointment reminders sounded incredibly strange. I went into settings and checked the notification sounds and ringtone, they sounded strange as well. It's like they were tinny and muffled. I played a song, it too sounded tinny and muffled. I powered the phone off to restart it and the sounds and music were back to normal.

Other than the above, it has worked great!

Dave
    06-07-2013 07:37 PM
    Had the black with creaking top right. Not bad and I learned to live with it. Switched to yellow PC replacement shell last week and have no more creaks.
    pics? Where do u get the replacement case and how hard is it to do? Sorry for being off topic
    06-07-2013 08:22 PM
    Are we going to have a separate thread for each of the phones you have gone through? LOL, JK.

It seems like you just have bad luck with the Lumia 928....points for persistence, but perhaps it's finally time to go with a different phone.

BTW, my wife has a white, and I have a black, exactly zero issues with either. One purchased directly from Verizon, the other through Newegg.
    06-07-2013 08:50 PM
    Went to Verizon store today to look at 928 for the first time! I really like the phone but the black one had a gap at the top where the screen and body meet. The white one did not. I exchanged 6 L920s for defects until I finally gave up. I feel your pain but I got to the point where I couldn't deal with it anymore:'(
    06-07-2013 08:57 PM
    lol now I'm curious as to what the title said.
    06-07-2013 09:12 PM
    lol now I'm curious as to what the title said.
    LOL, Micah it said something like "Black owners...I need your help". I made a joke about it but he changed it so now my post makes no sense! hahaha :P

(and I don't mean to hijack, I don't own the 928 so I have nothing else to add. Carry on!)
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    06-07-2013 10:39 PM
    LOL, Micah it said something like "Black owners...I need your help". I made a joke about it but he changed it so now my post makes no sense! hahaha :P

(and I don't mean to hijack, I don't own the 928 so I have nothing else to add. Carry on!)
    Lol ooh that is too funny ha
    06-08-2013 09:03 AM
    sorry to keep hitting on this but where did you get the new shell and how hard was it to install
    06-08-2013 09:19 AM
    sorry to keep hitting on this but where did you get the new shell and how hard was it to install
    My apologies folks. When I replied to the newest post yesterday I did not pay attention to the number. I own a Lumia 920 and there are OEM back housing cases that can be purchased on Ebay. See here,
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ion-album.html
    but I am sure you already knew that - just not for the 928. Sorry again. Hopefully this option will be available for 928 owners as well.
    06-08-2013 09:47 AM
    I have a black 928 that I got from verizon online. No problems so far, had it just over a week now and have no regrets leaving android like a bad girlfriend! If Verizon was more clever they would have put out a REALLY red one, I would have gone for that, but never white one. It would remind me of a crapple, glad i never had one of those!
    06-08-2013 11:31 AM
    No creaking on my black. Yellow buttons with a little gunk on start button but otherwise solid phone.
    06-08-2013 11:36 AM
    Rock solid here.
    06-08-2013 01:30 PM
    Just ordered mine from Newegg. I'll post here when it arrives.
    06-08-2013 04:12 PM
    How does the lock screen button feel on your black 928s. Mine feels like it needs to be pushed harder than the other buttons. It also needs to be pushed below the bezel to activate it. I can't tell if I have a defective button or this was by design to avoid accidental presses. Anyone else notice a difference in their lock screen buttons from the volume rocker?
    06-08-2013 04:25 PM
    How does the lock screen button feel on your black 928s. Mine feels like it needs to be pushed harder than the other buttons. It also needs to be pushed below the bezel to activate it. I can't tell if I have a defective button or this was by design to avoid accidental presses. Anyone else notice a difference in their lock screen buttons from the volume rocker?
    the display I played with in store was very easy to press
    06-08-2013 04:44 PM
    the display I played with in store was very easy to press
    was it a black model in store or a white? I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I haven't seen another black anywhere to compare
    06-08-2013 05:37 PM
39 12