Yeah I know. There have been other threads just like this. But here is the thing. I have used BB OS6 and 7. I had a Z10 and returned it. Android - a lot of that (My other phone is a Galaxy S4, before that a Note 2). iPhone4. Right now I think the phone I like and which takes second place is the S4. The S4 is an amazing phone, make no mistake. The screen is awesome, and with all the unnecessary junk turned off it screams. There a zillion apps for it. iOS is boring, and having looked at iOS7, it looks to stay that way. WP8 is elegant, consistent, everything just works and makes sense. It's easy on battery. There is, for a wonder, nearly nothing wrong with it. What *is* wrong are a couple features missing (notification light and rotation lock). But from the stock keyboard up, it's nearly perfect. I grab the S4, use it for a while and with a sigh of relief go back to the 928 and WP8. As for the 928, the screen is awesome. The size of the phone is substantial but not a problem. Everything happens right now, without dithering or stuttering. The buttons are easy to find. It sounds great. I think I drank the Koolaid and became a WP8/928 fanboy.

Now, give me rotation lock!!!! :)
    06-10-2013 02:59 PM
    I completely agree. I am still stuck with my BB Torch 9850, which has served me well, but doesn't hold a candle to WP. My contract comes up in July and I'm hoping that Verizon will have a sale then so I can get it even cheaper! The BB10 isn't really tempting to me, even though I've had BB's for years. The iPhone was innovative when it was introduced but has stagnated and Android just has an unattractive interface (not to mention my wife's horrific experiences with Android). The only appeal of the iOS/Android duopoly is the rich app environment but WP's does so much out of the box and the apps are growing quickly that it's not a big advantage at this point, at least for my needs.

I will miss BB's Bedside Mode and Sound Profiles. I can adjust though and hopefully some future iteration will approximate those features. And, of course, BB's Notification LED.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-10-2013 03:09 PM
    I agree. When you look at a the big picture the design of the platform is awesome, there's just some minor things that I hope they'd improve over time. In addition to what you said I'd like a notification center, an app switch/management screen, and also the keyboard needs to stop capitalizing proper nouns and acronyms when I have auto-capitalization turned OFF (if I typed it that way then there's a good chance I want it that way!) and 1-2s for word predictions is simply too long when I'm trying to type things. Also the screenshot sound (power+start key) needs to not be so loud all of the time.

Again, overall it's a great system but there's just some kinks here and there that I wish they'd iron out. It's not really that bad, though, as we all need to start somewhere right?
    06-10-2013 03:46 PM
    Just look at my avatar.
    MikeLip and jleebiker like this.
    06-11-2013 09:39 AM
    I have had my phone for two days now and the 928 simply rocks!! This phone is amazing and blows iPhone out of the water. The reaction is incredible... I cant say much about the S4 comparison but no need. I have found the phone that suits me!! Nokia nailed it with this phone.
    06-11-2013 08:03 PM
    I have had my 928 for 2 weeks now and have enjoyed it immensely. I am an Apple guy and my whole house is Apple. I use Android for my work phone and I can honestly say that I look forward to watching WP8 mature, I believe it will be a great contender!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2013 08:15 PM
    I will miss BB's Bedside Mode and Sound Profiles. I can adjust though and hopefully some future iteration will approximate those features. And, of course, BB's Notification LED.
    Sigh... just when I thought I was getting over that, someone has to mention it all over again... Like trying to get over a GF that dumped you...
    ;-)
    06-11-2013 08:28 PM
    I just got my Lumia 521 yesterday, and if the 928 is even marginally better, I can see why it would be a great phone. I am thoroughly impressed that WP8 can run so smoothly with a 1GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM. I don't notice any lag or slowdown at all. With a 1.5GHz CPU and 1 GB of RAM, it probably screams.
    06-11-2013 09:11 PM
    2 day owner here, and loving it so far. This phone is the best phone that I have ever used for texting. The pictures it takes are amazing. Yes there are some quirks, but I look forward to updates to iron them out, just like every other platform.
    06-12-2013 07:50 PM
    I recieved mine in the mail yesterday from Newegg. It's a black one and it's perfect. I'm just now starting to play around with it.
    06-12-2013 10:21 PM