OH HOLY JOY!!!! BT connectivity to my laptop.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So I needed to get some data off my 928. The USB connectivity isn't working for some reason. So I figured I'd try connecting via BT. I already have a BT connected KB and mouse, might as well give that a shot...

So I run through the BT wizard on my laptop and click click click, VIOLA! Laptop is connected to 928! BOOM! Didn't have to do anything, just let the wizard run. WOW!!! About 2 minutes of effort really.

So I play with it some more and BOOM! I can control the music files on my 928 and stream anything I want over the BT to my laptop's speakers (JBL). Yes you read that right. Streaming music over BT to my laptop! LOL!!! I guess I should have done it sooner as I do this in my car. Why I didn't think of this sooner.... Duh! DERP!

Did I mention I have the wireless charger? So the 928 is sitting on the charger, charging up, playing my music and I can control it via the BT remote app on the laptop. NO WIRES NEEDED IN THIS WHOLE SETUP (other than the one to the charger of course)!!!

So getting back to the task at hand, I can put files ON the 928, but I can't pull files FROM the 928. Hmmm....

I'm just tickled this all worked.

Oh I showed a coworker who I have a friendly competition with who has an SIII. He was SOO JEALOUS!!!! He just walked away unable to say anything in defense of his SIII. He my be converting soon. ;-)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out! You have to initiate it FROM the 928. You have to find the file you want to send to your PC and then Share. Once you do that, there will be an option for "Bluetooth". Click your PC on the subsequent screen and then the wizard on the PC will start up. Fill out the fields and VIOLA! The file is on your PC.

SWEET!

Of course, I wanted to send close to 100 files...

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so this raises an interesting question. Can someone "force" a pairing? I realize I have to hit the "Tap to Pair", but can someone with some sort of app force it? Hmm... sounds like it's time to go a-Bing-a-linging...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05