Drop tested yet?

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Simple question, any one dropped it? What's it take to break this thing? It's not as thick as the 920 so it seems like it might be more breakable. Lemme know!

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine 3 times on concrete, has 2 small dings at the extreme edge of the infinity screen. Quick inspection would result in an apparent flawless device.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Drop mine three times landing face down with no damage! I only have a screen saver on my 928 so I guess I am lucky!
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it's going to be a matter of chance and luck as much as it is being careful. When I still used it I dropped my droid incredible face down on concrete 4 times and never had more than a scratch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few posts where people have broken the screen from like a 2 foot fall it seems like its not as strong as the 920 from what ive been reading but I guess we need pocketnow or one of the other sites to do a durability test

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Something to keep in mind while "drop-testing" your device... :wink: This screen is more expensive to replace than most phones, if you're a DIYer, because the digitizer and the display come as one unit, fused together, not two separate units. So the $200+ price tag is probably going to be the norm for at least a little while... No $25 digitizer replacements for this phone.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Dropped from waist-high onto rough parking lot. No damage.
Slid off kitchen table to tile floor. No damage.
Knocked off my office desk onto tile. No damage.
I have the case that was available on release date at Verizon and the stock screen protectors they had at the time. Less than $30 in cases and sreen protectors and the phone is still pristine. Hope that helps.

cat_bark

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Simple question, any one dropped it? What's it take to break this thing? It's not as thick as the 920 so it seems like it might be more breakable. Lemme know!

Just joined to "let you know:"

Dropped it the other night on pavers. I was sitting down and it fell out of my pocket when leaned over...less than an 18 inch drop. Screen was shattered. It looked like someone took a hammer to it.

I did some google searches and it seems that since the screen sits a little proud of the case edge the screen is a bit more vulnerable to breakage. Catch it right on the edge, like I did, and good bye screen.

I guess I'm going to find out how good the insurance is...

Andy49

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Dropped it twice. Once on the backside and once on the corner. About 30" on a wooden floor. No damage. However, I got wised up and got me the insurance. Just in case..

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine twice recently on concrete from a bout 3-4 ft. Both times it landed on a different corner. I have tiny cracks on each corner now with some gashing in the plastic.

Luckily, the cracks are on the borders and not in the viewing area.

Both times that I dropped the phone it bounced and fell face first with some sliding, but no scratches at all. I'm happy overall but may look into a case soon.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dropped it on a concrete parking lot from about waist high but I have that blue gel case from Verizon so no problems. Prior to that, was thinking about just being real careful not to drop it and losing the case because I'm not crazy how the white phone looks in that blue case. I think I'll keep the case.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Dropped it on a concrete parking lot from about waist high but I have that blue gel case from Verizon so no problems. Prior to that, was thinking about just being real careful not to drop it and losing the case because I'm not crazy how the white phone looks in that blue case. I think I'll keep the case.

I have the white 928 and the blue case from Verizon with the diagonal lines on the back of it and I love the look haha. Different taste I guess

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the white 928 and the blue case from Verizon with the diagonal lines on the back of it and I love the look haha. Different taste I guess

When I first got the phone I thought the black would have looked better with the blue case but the blue case with the white is growing on me. Especially after that incident in the parking lot.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I've learned from this thread is y'all are a bunch of butterfingers... :smile:

And by y'all, I mean me too... dropped it about 3 feet and it landed on it's bottom.... no case but no damage... the white 928 is a slippery little guy.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Blah blah blah blah butterfingers blah blah blah.......

Yeah, I've dropped mine, too, but I've got that day one Verizon case on it. No damage.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped mine a few times, usually in the TSA line at the airport and onto the tile, with no issue.

Then I put it on the seat next to me at the airport. It started sliding, but I was doing something and didn't notice there was no seat back to stop it. It fell off the airport seat to the carpeted floor. That fall was maybe 1.5 feet.
Result: the earpiece is no longer reliable and I sometimes cannot hear calls. It'll likely get replaced this weekend.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's not the same phone we are talking about. Although the design and materials are similar the differences are enough to give you different results in a drop test. I'm willing to bet the 928 isn't as tough as the 920.

Agreed. But I'm not willing to throw my phone at a light post or hit it with a makeshift bat in order to prove it. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs