Well guys and gals, after 6 exchanges, an email to Stephen Elop, Nokia currently still working on my case and currently on my 7th 928, I am throwing in the towel. Today is the last day to return my 928 to Verizon and I am going to do so. I was able to pick up a brand new in box Galaxy S4 for $440, so I will be ahead nearly $100 ($499 for my 928 plus CA sales tax came to $531 and some change).

I just can't deal with these defects anymore and I don't want to spend anymore time trying to get a defect free device and be happy. I know most of you probably don't care, and I'm not starting this thread to bash WP or say my experience was all bad. To be honest, I believe that WP is a better built OS than Android. I really enjoyed most parts of it, but the experience on the S4 is just more enhanced and is more built for me at the moment.

If/when Nokia cleans up these issues and when the 8.1 WP update comes out which hopefully will include a notification center and better multitasking, I will be back. There is no doubt that my brief time with WP was enjoyable and the OS and UI are very impressive to me. So I'm seeing the S4 as a transitional device for me to get back to WP by the end of the year or so. I really think Microsoft has a good thing going here. It's such a smooth and unified OS.

I just want to thank everyone in this great community that has given me solid advice, read all of my posts, etc. A special thank you to hopmedic who was such a great person and helpful throughout my ownership of this device.

Well, I'm off to the other side but I will be back soon enough. Thanks again and enjoy your devices guys!
    06-14-2013 12:02 PM
    Bye..
    06-14-2013 12:11 PM
    Adios. Never had an issue with any Samsung I owned. They are good phones. I switched to Windows Phone 8 to simplify my life. All my other devices are currently Windows 8. So far I like it. That said, I agree with your reasons. A $500.00 device should not have this many issues.
    06-14-2013 12:14 PM
    I think you're making a mistake.

Later.
    06-14-2013 12:39 PM
    Adios. Never had an issue with any Samsung I owned. They are good phones. I switched to Windows Phone 8 to simplify my life. All my other devices are currently Windows 8. So far I like it. That said, I agree with your reasons. A $500.00 device should not have this many issues.
    Yeah it was definitely a great platform, but just didn't work out for me right now. It's just so nice to receive a text message and hear a smooth vibrate instead of rattling and sounding like my phone was falling apart. I agree, for my $500 I was never completely satisfied. But I will be back.

I think you're making a mistake.

Later.
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. This is the right choice for ME. I am not trying to make anyone else happy. But I respect your opinion and have no ill will towards WP.
    06-14-2013 12:43 PM
    To be honest, go do Droid for an extended period of time and drop on back here from time to time and tell us what you think. It would be interesting to see someone's perspective that is "sleeping with the enemy" so intimately. ;-)
    nufan947 and jamsesh like this.
    06-14-2013 01:06 PM
    06-14-2013 01:16 PM