928 for $49 on Verizon's Website

lugnuts_99

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine on Thursday from a Verizon store. Any chance I'd be able to get the new price if I went back in? This was a corporate store not a 3rd party.

lugnuts_99

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, didn't know if it made a difference since I got it at the store vs. online. I know there prices can be a little different sometimes.

Evad1029

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Got mine Friday at the Verizon store, went In today to see about a credit and they told me its online only. I had the option to return the phone and buy it online at that $49.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My price through Verizon still has an extra "9" at the end (which mind you compared to the competition is still an excellent, full cost price).

wxgrl23

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I just called Verizon Customer Server center 1-800 # and they denied me crediting my account $50. They said because the time frame from the time I bought the phone and the time the price dropped was over their 14 day policy. I asked about it being a 30 day waiting period, that I have never been late paying my bill, I am a loyal customer, ect and they wouldn't budge. However, they did credit me the $30 data usage for my next billing cycle so I don't have to pay that. At least they were willing to help out somewhat.

maylea31

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I just called Verizon Customer Server center 1-800 # and they denied me crediting my account $50. They said because the time frame from the time I bought the phone and the time the price dropped was over their 14 day policy. I asked about it being a 30 day waiting period, that I have never been late paying my bill, I am a loyal customer, ect and they wouldn't budge. However, they did credit me the $30 data usage for my next billing cycle so I don't have to pay that. At least they were willing to help out somewhat.

I only got the 30 as well. Basically giving back the upgrade fee. I think the web says the upgrade is 35 but they charged me 30 maybe due to corporate discount. Don't know.

wxgrl23

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
And now that the price dropped, I am ready to purchase my 1st smartphone! Lumia 928 here I come!! (hopefully in black). This after being with the same basic phone for 4 years. Should be interesting to see how much data I use. I have no idea how to determine how much I will need or if App A uses more data than App B or how that all works.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
And now that the price dropped, I am ready to purchase my 1st smartphone! Lumia 928 here I come!! (hopefully in black). This after being with the same basic phone for 4 years. Should be interesting to see how much data I use. I have no idea how to determine how much I will need or if App A uses more data than App B or how that all works.

Just be on WiFi whenever you can and try and keep music and video streaming to a minimum while on data and you'll probably be fine. Enjoy!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up last night. The store still had it listed at $99.99 but I informed her that it was online for $49.99. She was skeptical but went and looked and said, "Wow! That's a great price." Because I am using a business account, they gave me the instant rebate.

She said she uses the 928 for work and loves it. It's encouraging to hear that Verizon is pushing the 928 to the sales staff so that they get some hands on with the device. Life just got better!

wxgrl23

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
ok so dumb question- that $49.99 price is supposedly only when purchased online? Or if I nag enough they would give it to me in the store? I am not a sucker for paying higher if I can nag them to drop the price in the store. Whats the difference online or in store? It's all profits for them in the end.

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a 928 last night. When you do that through Verizon's website, you have the option to pick it up at a company owned store. I will pick mine up on Wednesday. I will be replacing my HTC Trophy which is still going strong, but showing some signs of age (like me).
Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon