928 for $49 on Verizon's Website

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
ok so dumb question- that $49.99 price is supposedly only when purchased online? Or if I nag enough they would give it to me in the store? I am not a sucker for paying higher if I can nag them to drop the price in the store. Whats the difference online or in store? It's all profits for them in the end.

Before they knew I was on a corporate account, they said they would charge me $99.99 with a $50 mail in rebate or I could use their iPad, log in to vzw.com, order it in the store and select to pick it up at the store to get the discount immediately.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered yesterday, should be here tomorrow (went with the elusive black one).

Should be a headache (ordered using wife's upgrade, so will have to activate, put her phone back on, then try to get it on my account).

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey fellow WP user. I have a quick question. I'm considering a switch to the 928 (from my 920). I'm just curious, do those buttons on the side seem to be collecting dirt yet? I'm paranoid about white devices. I know you can wipe it down constantly, but eventually, dirt and oil have their way over time.

maylea31

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey fellow WP user. I have a quick question. I'm considering a switch to the 928 (from my 920). I'm just curious, do those buttons on the side seem to be collecting dirt yet? I'm paranoid about white devices. I know you can wipe it down constantly, but eventually, dirt and oil have their way over time.

I have had mine for 30 days with no dirt collection on or between the buttons on the side. I have a hard case on which leaves the buttons exposed.

MosesByxbe

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Called VZW today and asked about getting a bill credit. The rep was very nice and said the policy is typically 14 days from purchase. I purchased mine on May 28th. She said she was impressed by my 6+ year loyalty and was happy to make an exception. She basically just paid for my charging pod.

wxgrl23

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Finally jumped ship from my 4 year old Samsung to Lumia 928 last Friday- best choice I have made!! I LOVE LOVE this phone! 1. It's my 1st smartphone. 2. Made by Nokia so it's impressive. 3. Fluid, fast Windows 8, no lag time. I bought the black- definitely not as glossy or slippery as the white. Bought a blue Trident Aegis case (TigerDirect website the cheapest I could find, will arrive next week). Hopefully that will be good since I seem to be clumsy with my phones and I needed a really rugged protection. I already put on the Verizon screen protector- appears to be solid-sticking so far. Already used most of my $25 app credit since I am going crazy checking out all the apps/games which I probably don't need/will never use. Awesome that Skydrive, Contacts, people hub- everything is connected. Makes messaging and contacting my ppl much easier! Question- anyone know if turning off WiFi (like at night) will conserve the battery so it will last longer? My only fault with this phone is the battery doesn't last more than a day (or so it seems) but then again I am new to this and probably using it more than the common user at this point. Anyways, thank you to everyone who shared tips, tricks, deals, updates about Lumia 928 and look forward to reading more posts on tips, tricks and updates to this amazing device.

wxgrl23

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Finally jumped ship from my 4 year old Samsung to Lumia 928 last Friday- best choice I have made!! I LOVE LOVE this phone! 1. It's my 1st smartphone. 2. Made by Nokia so it's impressive. 3. Fluid, fast Windows 8, no lag time. I bought the black- definitely not as glossy or slippery as the white. Bought a blue Trident Aegis case (TigerDirect website the cheapest I could find, will arrive next week). Hopefully that will be good since I seem to be clumsy with my phones and I needed a really rugged protection. I already put on the Verizon screen protector- appears to be solid-sticking so far. Already used most of my $25 app credit since I am going crazy checking out all the apps/games which I probably don't need/will never use. Awesome that Skydrive, Contacts, people hub- everything is connected. Makes messaging and contacting my ppl much easier! Question- anyone know if turning off WiFi (like at night) will conserve the battery so it will last longer? My only fault with this phone is the battery doesn't last more than a day (or so it seems) but then again I am new to this and probably using it more than the common user at this point. Anyways, thank you to everyone who shared tips, tricks, deals, updates about Lumia 928 and look forward to reading more posts on tips, tricks and updates to this amazing device.

Forgot to mention- my phone has a little bit of the goop behind the main home windows button but not a deal breaker for me. I don't really notice it but it's clearly there- maybe some glue that didn't set or dry correctly? Other than that, I didn't see any other defects that others mentioned on here.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it! Regarding the WiFi thing: The more your phone is connected to WiFI, the more efficiently it will run. This means that you want to keep your phone connected to WiFi even over night if possible because data & battery usage will be more efficient. I've heard of people turning their phone on battery saver or airplane mode over night to save battery life, but that's about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte