Question for those of you who upgraded at the subsidized price (and have/had an individual plan)

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who upgraded to the Nokia Lumia 928 at the subsidized price (whether it was $99, $49, or something else) and were/are on individual plans rather than family plans, I have a quick question - how much did your plan cost change, if at all? I've been under the impression that since Verizon changed their plan structure last year that if you had an individual plan and "renewed" your 2-year contract your costs went up fairly significantly. Was/is that the case? I'm just curious more than anything.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who upgraded to the Nokia Lumia 928 at the subsidized price (whether it was $99, $49, or something else) and were/are on individual plans rather than family plans, I have a quick question - how much did your plan cost change, if at all? I've been under the impression that since Verizon changed their plan structure last year that if you had an individual plan and "renewed" your 2-year contract your costs went up fairly significantly. Was/is that the case? I'm just curious more than anything.

I bought the 928 day 1 and went from a unlimited data individual plan to a 2 GB data individual plan. I also had the 900 min/unlimited messages plan for talk. No change in price. I upgraded from an Android phone. My phone was rooted, so I had no problems occasionally tethering my laptop to quickly get on-line when no wifi was available. This, however, is not so easy with a Windows phone.

I tried to use the internet sharing out in the field and that option was greyed out. What I ended up doing was changing to the Share Everything plan. I now have 4 GB data, unlimited talk and message, tethering and it changed my monthly bill by $1.37. No, I did not mistype. My average data usage over the past year was 300 MB/month with a one-time peak of 1.6 GB, so I'm pretty sure that the 4 GB plan will be fine for me.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
The cost of my plan remained the same with 400 min w/500 txt(including unlimited to Verizon) and unlimited data. Yes you read that right somehow I got super lucky and kept my unlimited data. Note that when I bought the phone it told me I was to be downgraded to 2 GB, but it never happened, my bill has already cycled once and will again for a second time in 5 days(Sunday 23rd)

chase1963

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
They have a new plan right now that isn't on the site. It's $60. per month for unlimited talk, unlimited text, +2 gigs data. Pretty good deal for VZW. I upgraded a week ago from an old razr flip phone to the 928. Call in and ask for the Loyalty $60. plan.

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
@chase, that plan is only available in certain instances. In your case you upgraded from a basic phone to a smartphone so it was available. Received this info from a reliable source.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
They have a new plan right now that isn't on the site. It's $60. per month for unlimited talk, unlimited text, +2 gigs data. Pretty good deal for VZW. I upgraded a week ago from an old razr flip phone to the 928. Call in and ask for the Loyalty $60. plan.

I got the same deal - but I also upgraded from a four year old flip phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos