07-04-2013 09:31 AM
51 123
tools
    Good news!!! MS + Nokia should push hard to sell super cheap, even if by a grand scale is doesnt SEEM high end worthy but it really is.
    nufan947 likes this.
    06-20-2013 09:13 AM
    Newegg??? :Picks up jaw and duck tapes to face:
    06-20-2013 09:23 AM
    It's legit:

Newegg Mobile Phones & Phone Plans | Top Smartphones & Cell Phones

They've got good pricing on other phones, too. And free overnight shipping. Awesome.
    06-20-2013 01:12 PM
    I got mine probably a month ago for the $29.99 deal. It was a smooth process. Thankfully, I've had no issues with the phone so not sure what the return process would have been like.

Be sure to read the caveats that come along with ordering thru newegg. They aren't overly crazy. as long as you plan to buy the phone and use it on verizon like a "regular" person, you'll be fine...
    06-20-2013 03:03 PM
    All these sales like this and the one at Verizon are scaring me because I'm afraid its not selling well (supple and demand)
    I think there are two things to keep in mind. If the price drop were the direct result of not selling well, how come they are still selling the 2-3 year old WP7.5 HTC Trophy for $180? Why was Verizon's HTC 8X selling for $99 when the Nokia 822 was only $49 and then free? Nokia is most likely subsidizing the cost to try and buy market share. There's a risk, of course, that the low price point could cheapen the brand.

BlackBerry is taking the opposite tack and trying to maintain premium pricing in hopes of keeping an upscale, business oriented brand image. The risk for BlackBerry is that people will see the new BlackBerrys as overpriced and choose a cheaper phone. It's just dueling marketing strategies.
    raul_junior likes this.
    06-20-2013 03:04 PM
    Since there are repeated reports of the phone being the number 3 seller on VZW, and also one of the highest customer rated phones (in terms of reviews) on the network, I think it's clear that the phone is selling very well. This is likely a push to bump those numbers up significantly. If it has the same effect as the 822 price drops did, this phone will probably be a 2-3 million seller. I don't think it can overtake the GS4, but one of our VZW insiders said that the intent was to do just that.
    06-20-2013 08:00 PM
    also note that if you buy from newegg, you have to keep the phone on the line you upgraded for atleast 180 days. if not you have the pay the newegg ETF which is $400.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    06-24-2013 10:35 AM
    Well, a word of caution when you buy from Newegg...be prepared for your current phone to get deactivated from your account BEFORE your new one arrives. Something in the way they "pre-activate" the new phone caused my 8X to get dropped from the account and it reverted to my old HTC Trophy. I chatted with a Newegg rep and he said call Verizon. Called Verizon and nothing they did would re-activate my 8X so the SIM in the new phone is apparently bound to the account. I called Newegg and the lady said they couldn't have done that and don't have the authority...right...Fortunately the phone arrived just after lunch and I'm setting it up now. Not a very good procedure, but I guess you get what you pay for. I just hope I don't have any problems with it.
    06-25-2013 03:22 PM
    Well, a word of caution when you buy from Newegg...be prepared for your current phone to get deactivated from your account BEFORE your new one arrives. Something in the way they "pre-activate" the new phone caused my 8X to get dropped from the account and it reverted to my old HTC Trophy. I chatted with a Newegg rep and he said call Verizon. Called Verizon and nothing they did would re-activate my 8X so the SIM in the new phone is apparently bound to the account. I called Newegg and the lady said they couldn't have done that and don't have the authority...right...Fortunately the phone arrived just after lunch and I'm setting it up now. Not a very good procedure, but I guess you get what you pay for. I just hope I don't have any problems with it.
    Whoops, bummer. Haven't heard anyone else have that problem when ordering from Newegg. Let us know how the phone looks/sounds. Any goopiness?
    06-25-2013 03:34 PM
    That happened to me too. With one-day shipping, might not have been an issue, but they shipped to me on Friday, activated the 928 causing my 822 to quit working, and then the 928 didn't arrive until Monday at 3 pm. I was on the phone with Verizon for a few hours on Friday night and Saturday morning. Newegg not only activated the 928, but they "retired" the SIM in my 822. I had to go into a Verizon store on Saturday afternoon and get a new SIM to use until the 928 arrived on Monday. Then just put the new SIM in my 822 into the 928 and all was fine.
    06-25-2013 03:51 PM
    Whoops, bummer. Haven't heard anyone else have that problem when ordering from Newegg. Let us know how the phone looks/sounds. Any goopiness?
    I had the same issue with deactivating my current phone prior to the new 928 arriving.

Mine has "goopiness" on the start button, bottom right windows logo. Not bad, I'm fine with it. Everything else is great, love the phone.
    06-25-2013 03:52 PM
    This was not my experience with Newegg at all. My old phone was not de-activated until I initiated the activation of the new phone shipped from Newegg.
    06-25-2013 09:30 PM
    I'm hearing newegg has it free now

Sent from my mwp6985 using Tapatalk
    nufan947 likes this.
    06-28-2013 09:32 PM
    You're correct, it's free. NOW i wish MobiCity had theirs much more cheaper, i'd get one.

The cheapest on any carrier i've seen down here is $30/month...
    06-29-2013 01:48 AM
    I finally bit the bullet and ordered the 928 on Newegg. My Verizon store wanted 99 dollars so it was a no brainer with free next day shipping. No issues yet but now the wait until it arrives.
    06-29-2013 08:57 PM
    I finally bit the bullet and ordered the 928 on Newegg. My Verizon store wanted 99 dollars so it was a no brainer with free next day shipping. No issues yet but now the wait until it arrives.
    its 99 cent at Amazon
    06-29-2013 10:26 PM
    Would you all recommend buying through Newegg or Amazon? And is it possible they could be shipping refurbished phones or factory resets or are they definitely new units? Somewhat hesitant to go through a website and end up with a defect. Don't really want to deal with returns that way.
    06-30-2013 09:02 AM
    Would you all recommend buying through Newegg or Amazon? And is it possible they could be shipping refurbished phones or factory resets or are they definitely new units? Somewhat hesitant to go through a website and end up with a defect. Don't really want to deal with returns that way.
    Sadly, that is the exact reason I'm buying mine from Verizon despite all these great deals. Don't want to deal with the hassle of return through the mail if there's an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-30-2013 11:01 AM
    I think there are two things to keep in mind. If the price drop were the direct result of not selling well, how come they are still selling the 2-3 year old WP7.5 HTC Trophy for $180? Why was Verizon's HTC 8X selling for $99 when the Nokia 822 was only $49 and then free? Nokia is most likely subsidizing the cost to try and buy market share. There's a risk, of course, that the low price point could cheapen the brand.

BlackBerry is taking the opposite tack and trying to maintain premium pricing in hopes of keeping an upscale, business oriented brand image. The risk for BlackBerry is that people will see the new BlackBerrys as overpriced and choose a cheaper phone. It's just dueling marketing strategies.
    The Q10 is still at 200 but the Z10 is selling for 100 at my store.

I still get full commission off of it too.

It's marked EOL

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-2013 01:23 PM
    Today it is back to $19.99
    07-01-2013 08:29 AM
    Interesting. I guess they were trying to increase sales before the end of the quarter.
    07-01-2013 11:09 AM
    still .99 at amazon.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    07-02-2013 12:49 AM
    That's a pretty solid indication that they were selling well when free.
    nufan947 likes this.
    07-02-2013 08:49 AM
    I was hoping Verizon was releasing a red one for the 4th, but alas nothing.
    07-03-2013 10:14 PM
    19.99 When i checked.
    07-04-2013 05:13 AM
51 123