Nokia 928 is $9.99 at Newegg now...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point, and unfortunately, likely the case :(. If it were selling really well they would not have set up a promotion like this. Although that doesn't mean that it's selling poorly...

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
that could be true and good news, but It could also be bad news, both the gs4 and iPhone 5 are high end phones the only real other competitors are the 928 and the Droid razr, but most people who buy high end are usually gonna go for the most popular which is the gs4 and iPhone 5 so it could be like gs4 and iPhone 5 selling each 10 million while 928 selling 2 million and all others selling less...if that makes sense lol

Makes total sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when more numbers come out after more time has passed! For what it's worth, the Z10 was never in the top 3.

Also, HTC One coming to Verizon could be a road block....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AiponGkooja

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty awesome. If I hadn't just gotten an 822 less than half a year ago, or if the off-contract phone had a sale, I would love to get this phone! (and I somehow doubt that I'm the only one in this situation... haha)

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
yup but hopefully the lumia 521 is selling well on HSN and tmobile because it only really seems to be going out of stock at walmart and amazon and not so much HSN and on HSN its listed as a hot device so maybe thats a good sign

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think this is a bullsh!t website. When I try to go through with purchase I get a certificate error and "mobile.cellstores.com" shows in the address bar. I was not aware Newegg even had a "wireless" subdomain site.

Most website sales outside of the carriers are via third party vendors with whom the website has a relationship. There is nothing questionable about it at all. It is quite legitimate even if you are not really buying directly from the company itself.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Good news!!! MS + Nokia should push hard to sell super cheap, even if by a grand scale is doesnt SEEM high end worthy but it really is.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I got mine probably a month ago for the $29.99 deal. It was a smooth process. Thankfully, I've had no issues with the phone so not sure what the return process would have been like.

Be sure to read the caveats that come along with ordering thru newegg. They aren't overly crazy. as long as you plan to buy the phone and use it on verizon like a "regular" person, you'll be fine...

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
All these sales like this and the one at Verizon are scaring me because I'm afraid its not selling well (supple and demand)

I think there are two things to keep in mind. If the price drop were the direct result of not selling well, how come they are still selling the 2-3 year old WP7.5 HTC Trophy for $180? Why was Verizon's HTC 8X selling for $99 when the Nokia 822 was only $49 and then free? Nokia is most likely subsidizing the cost to try and buy market share. There's a risk, of course, that the low price point could cheapen the brand.

BlackBerry is taking the opposite tack and trying to maintain premium pricing in hopes of keeping an upscale, business oriented brand image. The risk for BlackBerry is that people will see the new BlackBerrys as overpriced and choose a cheaper phone. It's just dueling marketing strategies.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Since there are repeated reports of the phone being the number 3 seller on VZW, and also one of the highest customer rated phones (in terms of reviews) on the network, I think it's clear that the phone is selling very well. This is likely a push to bump those numbers up significantly. If it has the same effect as the 822 price drops did, this phone will probably be a 2-3 million seller. I don't think it can overtake the GS4, but one of our VZW insiders said that the intent was to do just that.

stephenmilone

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
also note that if you buy from newegg, you have to keep the phone on the line you upgraded for atleast 180 days. if not you have the pay the newegg ETF which is $400.

deuce01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, a word of caution when you buy from Newegg...be prepared for your current phone to get deactivated from your account BEFORE your new one arrives. Something in the way they "pre-activate" the new phone caused my 8X to get dropped from the account and it reverted to my old HTC Trophy. I chatted with a Newegg rep and he said call Verizon. Called Verizon and nothing they did would re-activate my 8X so the SIM in the new phone is apparently bound to the account. I called Newegg and the lady said they couldn't have done that and don't have the authority...right...Fortunately the phone arrived just after lunch and I'm setting it up now. Not a very good procedure, but I guess you get what you pay for. I just hope I don't have any problems with it.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, a word of caution when you buy from Newegg...be prepared for your current phone to get deactivated from your account BEFORE your new one arrives. Something in the way they "pre-activate" the new phone caused my 8X to get dropped from the account and it reverted to my old HTC Trophy. I chatted with a Newegg rep and he said call Verizon. Called Verizon and nothing they did would re-activate my 8X so the SIM in the new phone is apparently bound to the account. I called Newegg and the lady said they couldn't have done that and don't have the authority...right...Fortunately the phone arrived just after lunch and I'm setting it up now. Not a very good procedure, but I guess you get what you pay for. I just hope I don't have any problems with it.

Whoops, bummer. Haven't heard anyone else have that problem when ordering from Newegg. Let us know how the phone looks/sounds. Any goopiness?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

That happened to me too. With one-day shipping, might not have been an issue, but they shipped to me on Friday, activated the 928 causing my 822 to quit working, and then the 928 didn't arrive until Monday at 3 pm. I was on the phone with Verizon for a few hours on Friday night and Saturday morning. Newegg not only activated the 928, but they "retired" the SIM in my 822. I had to go into a Verizon store on Saturday afternoon and get a new SIM to use until the 928 arrived on Monday. Then just put the new SIM in my 822 into the 928 and all was fine.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Whoops, bummer. Haven't heard anyone else have that problem when ordering from Newegg. Let us know how the phone looks/sounds. Any goopiness?

I had the same issue with deactivating my current phone prior to the new 928 arriving.

Mine has "goopiness" on the start button, bottom right windows logo. Not bad, I'm fine with it. Everything else is great, love the phone.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

This was not my experience with Newegg at all. My old phone was not de-activated until I initiated the activation of the new phone shipped from Newegg.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You're correct, it's free. NOW i wish MobiCity had theirs much more cheaper, i'd get one.

The cheapest on any carrier i've seen down here is $30/month...

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the 928 on Newegg. My Verizon store wanted 99 dollars so it was a no brainer with free next day shipping. No issues yet but now the wait until it arrives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077