Black less slippery?

Carlos ONeil

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a white lumia and returned it and went back to my GS3 because it was just too hard to hold on to with my clammy hands. I am thinking about picking up the black one. I wanted to know if the matte finish was any easier to hold on to..

Thanks!

Carlos ONeil

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Yea agree that the case makes it much less slipper, but cases always seem to make the phones feel unsexy and even bigger lmao. I usually like to roam around naked (my phone that is). Oh man if the MATTE is more slipper or just as.. then I'll get the white because it stands out.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
in the store, I found the black to be less slippery than the white, but they also had the cords and blocks on them so I couldn't hold them naturally. I'm just waiting for a cyan back and instructions on how to swap them. hehe

Carlos ONeil

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
in the store, I found the black to be less slippery than the white, but they also had the cords and blocks on them so I couldn't hold them naturally. I'm just waiting for a cyan back and instructions on how to swap them. hehe

Thanks. I intend on holding both before I make a decision. I have to admit that the black/white combo looks great in my eyes. I will have to see how the matte black grabs me.

Carlos ONeil

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Love the matte black material but it is definitely slippery. The white seems to stick to my hands better.

Sounds off, but the white seems to stick a bit better when my hands are kinda clammy, but when they are dry the white is hard to hold on to.. Meh.. they are probably both equally slippery and it will come down to style. Of course a black phone always has more case choices than a white one.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
He's just saying that he thinks more cases look better on white than on the black. I don't agree with him. But he was talking about aesthetics, not functionality.

Oh. Thanks, makes sense. Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wobblin30

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Going on a week now with a black 928 with no case. It's been pure luck it has not slipped out of my hand. In comparing the two in store, white had more of a grip but both should be cased imo.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Black has never slipped out of my hand but it is very slippery. As far as clammy hands, I think they actually make it less slippery.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Incipio has the Feather cases released (black and cyan available now). Now I hope my black 928 survives until mine arrives ;)

I have to hold it differently, hard to reach everything one handed.

(side note: I hate all the companies removing things like +/- zoom buttons thus FORCING you into two handed operation, like in maps and the like. Argh...)

dubbsix

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The featherlite cases are neat, but probably just as slippery. I ended up getting the black 928. I liked the flat look compared to the glossy poly back of the white. So far I've been loving the phone. I think there is still room for improvements, but it gets the job done :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss