08-13-2014 10:41 AM
91 1234
tools
    Got my trident aegis today ! I love it. I can text freely again without feeling the phone is going to slip out of the hands. Plus it keeps my hand from hitting the camera lens and smudging it up
    07-24-2013 07:21 PM
    I found this web site called Day Deal: Nokia Lumia 928 Accessories.
    I just don't see any feedback/ratings from anyone who has purchased these products. I hope this helps.
    I ordered my Feather case from there with no issues. Thanks for the tip!
    07-25-2013 12:16 AM
    Possibly. I've seen other cases that weren't clear cause the same issue. It's generally related to the case being too close to the flash. Either way, I'm certain they had a reason for designing the case the way they did.
    Lens flare (the halo effect you see) is caused by bright light striking the lens at the time of image capture. It's the photographic reason for using a lens hood (there's a protection reason, too - it's cheaper to bang the end of a lens hood than the end of a lens). In the case of the original Atmosphere, the cause is light traveling through the plastic that is between the lens and flash, much as it would through a fiber-optic filament. Remove the light conductor, and the flare disappears.

Trident doesn't have clear plastic, so no traveling through the case. The plastic around the lens and flash is black, so less reflection. The plastic is not glossy, so even less reflection. And the plastic is angled such that any light from the flash that strikes the case and is reflected will be reflected away from the camera itself, out toward the scene.

But I may know a thing or two about how cameras work, and how to capture light.....
    photo-4-.jpg
    07-25-2013 08:21 AM
    The Trident Aegis is a good case. It would be my recommendation.

I've tried the poetic atmosphere and a cheap ebay special. I had lens flare issues with both.

The Trident is a bit of a monster. It completely negates the phone's aesthetics. It does seem to offer great protection, though.
    07-26-2013 10:47 PM
    The Trident Aegis is a good case. It would be my recommendation.

I've tried the poetic atmosphere and a cheap ebay special. I had lens flare issues with both.

The Trident is a bit of a monster. It completely negates the phone's aesthetics. It does seem to offer great protection, though.
    Agreed... I like the protection of the Aegis, liked the look of it on my 822, but just going by what I see online, I am not as attracted to the one for the 928. Yes, great protection, but it does ruin the design of the phone. That's why I went with the Atmosphere, at least for now. I'd love to see a Candy Shell Grip for it, though.
    07-29-2013 08:21 AM
    i really like my incipio feather cases (bought a black and cyan one) for my 928. very form fitting and not bulky. looks nice and most definitely protective enough.
    07-29-2013 02:17 PM
    i really like my incipio feather cases (bought a black and cyan one) for my 928. very form fitting and not bulky. looks nice and most definitely protective enough.
    I agree, I totally love my Feather. Have you noticed though that the corners get dirty? Mine are darkening noticeably; I think part of the problem may be dark jeans, but the area where I tend to rest the phone (bottom right corner in the back) against my hand is wearing off. The matte finish is giving way to the shiny base coating. It doesn't look too good, and I've only had the case about two weeks so no way I want to get a new one already....
    07-30-2013 09:17 AM
    so far haven't noticed that on mine. maybe ditch the skinny jeans and there will be less friction between your phone and pants haha. kidding!
    nufan947 likes this.
    07-30-2013 09:27 AM
    I want to see Speck make a Candy Shell Grip....

https://speckproducts.uservoice.com/...-for-lumia-928
    07-30-2013 09:46 AM
    so far haven't noticed that on mine. maybe ditch the skinny jeans and there will be less friction between your phone and pants haha. kidding!
    How did you know!! No, but seriously, maybe that's part of it. Lol

I'm just disappointed its already starting to look dingy after so short a time.
    07-30-2013 09:58 AM
    Try the Trident Aegis. It's comparable to the OtterBox and much better IMO.
    I second this...I use this and while it makes the phone look a little rounder, it offers good protection and easy to remote. I use a generic belt clip holder for a 5 inch phone and all is well! :)
    07-30-2013 12:33 PM
    Agreed... I like the protection of the Aegis, liked the look of it on my 822, but just going by what I see online, I am not as attracted to the one for the 928. Yes, great protection, but it does ruin the design of the phone. That's why I went with the Atmosphere, at least for now. I'd love to see a Candy Shell Grip for it, though.
    I agree...it gives the phone a cheesy, rounded look...
    07-30-2013 12:34 PM
    I like the poetic case for my 928. Not too bulky and still allows me to slide phone in and out of pocket easy
    07-30-2013 08:24 PM
    I like the poetic case for my 928. Not too bulky and still allows me to slide phone in and out of pocket easy
    I think the Poetic and Feather are nearly identical (look at the pics on Amazon - they look about the same), but the Poetic is cheaper. I got the Poetic and I really like it. It's not an Aegis in terms of protection but the edges prject enough that you can lay it face down without the glass touching a table top or something. And I like my combination of white phone and black case. The case is pretty tough too,
    07-31-2013 06:19 AM
    How does the Poetic or Feather case affect the feel of the side of the screen? I'm in the group that thinks the design should stay completely how it was designed, because what was the point of the engineers doing the work in the first place. I really like the rounded edges and the feel of the screen as you swipe all the way from the edge. I assume that putting these cases on, despite being very thin, will affect that feel.
    07-31-2013 10:37 AM
    How does the Poetic or Feather case affect the feel of the side of the screen? I'm in the group that thinks the design should stay completely how it was designed, because what was the point of the engineers doing the work in the first place. I really like the rounded edges and the feel of the screen as you swipe all the way from the edge. I assume that putting these cases on, despite being very thin, will affect that feel.
    I don't even notice the case in use. The phone feels different in the hand - the Poetic at least has a somewhat grippier feel than the phone body, although it's not exactly tacky feeling. The part that surrounds the face of the phone projects perhaps 1/16th of an inch, and overlaps nearly none of the surface. It's very unobtrusive. Top and bottom are not covered at all, just the long sides.
    PPCFreak likes this.
    07-31-2013 11:24 AM
    I really like this Fosmon TPU case. I got it for $4.95 on eBay. Fits nicely, and it's not bulky. I also like the gloss black on the sides of the phone, and the "frosted" look on the back.

Fosmon Durable Frost Gel TPU Protector Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 928 (Black)
    08-01-2013 03:43 PM
    I like the Trident case as well. It's a bit boxier than say, an Otterbox, but I feel that my phone is protected.
    08-01-2013 05:48 PM
    I finally decided on this open top leather holster and the Zagg full body invisible shield. The shield provides scratch protection, but no fall protection and still shows off the phone.
    08-01-2013 10:33 PM
    I finally decided on this open top leather holster and the Zagg full body invisible shield. The shield provides scratch protection, but no fall protection and still shows off the phone.
    Did you get the holster yet? Please post again when you have and let us know what you think.
    08-01-2013 10:53 PM
    I finally settled on a Trident Aegis for my 928, and I'm very pleased! The camera is unaffected, and there's no muffling of the sound as far as I can tell. Yes, I it makes the phone lose its style (which I really liked) but I can rest easy knowing it is well protected.
    08-02-2013 12:45 AM
    Did you get the holster yet? Please post again when you have and let us know what you think.
    Here is the case that I ordered. The 928 fits in it perfect. It seems to be a good quality holster. The belt clip does NOT rotate so I typically carry it about the 8 o'clock position on my belt. The clip accommodates belts up to approx 2" in width. I have tried carrying it on my duty belt at work and it just doesn't fit. Felt-lined inside helps protect the screen, either facing in or out.

wp_20130815_001.jpgwp_20130815_002.jpgwp_20130815_003.jpgwp_20130815_004.jpgwp_20130815_006.jpg
    Last edited by 11B1P; 08-15-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    08-02-2013 07:50 PM
    OK, I wanted to give an update. I received the Zagg Full Body Invisible Shield today. The one thing Zagg needs to improve is how much the shield is scored around the border. I found that if you pull the whole screen and border off, then you can separate the screen easier.

Make sure you pull out the cutouts for the rear speaker, rear flash, rear mic, front mic and front earpiece and light sensor BEFORE you begin to pull the screen off the backing.

I was trying to be so precise, when positioning the pieces, I ran through the spray before I finished. I grabbed some "Windex-like" spray to use. Keep your hands, fingers and screen wet on both sides. There are cutouts for the top edge between the pin hole and right edge. On the right edge with the volume/power buttons, there is a cutout that goes between the volume up and top edge, between the power key and the camera button and between the camera button and bottom edge. You have one piece for the bottom edge and one long piece for the left edge.

It will take a day or two for the cloudy spots to clear up. Try and find as dust-free a room you can. With the white 928, specks of lint and dirt can easily get trapped between the protector and the phone. Take your time. Get all the cutouts aligned before you begin to squeegee the protector.

The full body protector adds some grip to the phone. It is no longer slippery. But that may also be due to it just being applied. I'll try and remember to update this if it changes. And after another day of drying and sealing, I'll throw up some pics so you can see for yourself. This was the first Zagg Shield I've installed, so it took some tedious tries to get it right.
    08-03-2013 07:35 PM
    Got my trident aegis today ! I love it. I can text freely again without feeling the phone is going to slip out of the hands. Plus it keeps my hand from hitting the camera lens and smudging it up
    im thinking about getting an aegis for my 928, i was just wondering if you could tell me if the rubber on the case is that new type of silicone that is really thick, and doesn't cling to your pocket if that made any sense at all... a comparison would be the otterbox cases for the iPhone 4S compared to the new ones for the iPhone 5
    08-03-2013 11:27 PM
    im thinking about getting an aegis for my 928, i was just wondering if you could tell me if the rubber on the case is that new type of silicone that is really thick, and doesn't cling to your pocket if that made any sense at all... a comparison would be the otterbox cases for the iPhone 4S compared to the new ones for the iPhone 5
    Yes it grabs your pocket when you pull it out but not as bad as I've had in the past. The case adds significant bulk to the phone. It not as dramatic as the defender series of ottetbox but not as sleek as the commuter class. The phone is very protected but you won't win any fashion awards

Yes the rubber is fairly thick. Sometimes I take it out and use it and forget how beautiful the phone really is. But I'd rather protect my investment. I have Trident cases for my 928 and note 2 and when people see them the cases sell themselves
    08-04-2013 08:08 AM
91 1234