928 Case???? Aren't there any decent ones?

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
How does the Poetic or Feather case affect the feel of the side of the screen? I'm in the group that thinks the design should stay completely how it was designed, because what was the point of the engineers doing the work in the first place. I really like the rounded edges and the feel of the screen as you swipe all the way from the edge. I assume that putting these cases on, despite being very thin, will affect that feel.

I don't even notice the case in use. The phone feels different in the hand - the Poetic at least has a somewhat grippier feel than the phone body, although it's not exactly tacky feeling. The part that surrounds the face of the phone projects perhaps 1/16th of an inch, and overlaps nearly none of the surface. It's very unobtrusive. Top and bottom are not covered at all, just the long sides.

xxxthebxxx

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I finally settled on a Trident Aegis for my 928, and I'm very pleased! The camera is unaffected, and there's no muffling of the sound as far as I can tell. Yes, I it makes the phone lose its style (which I really liked) but I can rest easy knowing it is well protected.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you get the holster yet? Please post again when you have and let us know what you think.

Here is the case that I ordered. The 928 fits in it perfect. It seems to be a good quality holster. The belt clip does NOT rotate so I typically carry it about the 8 o'clock position on my belt. The clip accommodates belts up to approx 2" in width. I have tried carrying it on my duty belt at work and it just doesn't fit. Felt-lined inside helps protect the screen, either facing in or out.

WP_20130815_001.jpgWP_20130815_002.jpgWP_20130815_003.jpgWP_20130815_004.jpgWP_20130815_006.jpg

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I finally decided on this open top leather holster and the Zagg full body invisible shield. The shield provides scratch protection, but no fall protection and still shows off the phone.

OK, I wanted to give an update. I received the Zagg Full Body Invisible Shield today. The one thing Zagg needs to improve is how much the shield is scored around the border. I found that if you pull the whole screen and border off, then you can separate the screen easier.

Make sure you pull out the cutouts for the rear speaker, rear flash, rear mic, front mic and front earpiece and light sensor BEFORE you begin to pull the screen off the backing.

I was trying to be so precise, when positioning the pieces, I ran through the spray before I finished. I grabbed some "Windex-like" spray to use. Keep your hands, fingers and screen wet on both sides. There are cutouts for the top edge between the pin hole and right edge. On the right edge with the volume/power buttons, there is a cutout that goes between the volume up and top edge, between the power key and the camera button and between the camera button and bottom edge. You have one piece for the bottom edge and one long piece for the left edge.

It will take a day or two for the cloudy spots to clear up. Try and find as dust-free a room you can. With the white 928, specks of lint and dirt can easily get trapped between the protector and the phone. Take your time. Get all the cutouts aligned before you begin to squeegee the protector.

The full body protector adds some grip to the phone. It is no longer slippery. But that may also be due to it just being applied. I'll try and remember to update this if it changes. And after another day of drying and sealing, I'll throw up some pics so you can see for yourself. This was the first Zagg Shield I've installed, so it took some tedious tries to get it right.

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Got my trident aegis today ! I love it. I can text freely again without feeling the phone is going to slip out of the hands. Plus it keeps my hand from hitting the camera lens and smudging it up

im thinking about getting an aegis for my 928, i was just wondering if you could tell me if the rubber on the case is that new type of silicone that is really thick, and doesn't cling to your pocket if that made any sense at all... a comparison would be the otterbox cases for the iPhone 4S compared to the new ones for the iPhone 5

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
im thinking about getting an aegis for my 928, i was just wondering if you could tell me if the rubber on the case is that new type of silicone that is really thick, and doesn't cling to your pocket if that made any sense at all... a comparison would be the otterbox cases for the iPhone 4S compared to the new ones for the iPhone 5

Yes it grabs your pocket when you pull it out but not as bad as I've had in the past. The case adds significant bulk to the phone. It not as dramatic as the defender series of ottetbox but not as sleek as the commuter class. The phone is very protected but you won't win any fashion awards

Yes the rubber is fairly thick. Sometimes I take it out and use it and forget how beautiful the phone really is. But I'd rather protect my investment. I have Trident cases for my 928 and note 2 and when people see them the cases sell themselves

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Here is a few pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375622372270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375622372270.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375622403343.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375622403343.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 23

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, that may be the one for me. Otterbox does not want to play, this one looks gtg for me. Is there a holster that goes with it? I like to strap it onto my backpack shoulder straps and have the phone come off.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just to give a little update. Seems that the Windex-like solution I used is not a good idea. There is some terrible streaking on the screen. I have contacted Zagg and inquired as to getting some solution, to redo the screen side.

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just to give a little update. Seems that the Windex-like solution I used is not a good idea. There is some terrible streaking on the screen. I have contacted Zagg and inquired as to getting some solution, to redo the screen side.

I contacted Zagg. They said I should have used water, as the streaking will not go away. Suggested I file a warranty replacement. Cost $3.99 for shipping. I'll try again.

Calvin Cooper1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Zagg. They said I should have used water, as the streaking will not go away. Suggested I file a warranty replacement. Cost $3.99 for shipping. I'll try again.

I cant stand Zagg stuff. Their screen protector feels rubbery, not smooth. Ghost Armor is a bit better but not much. The harder plastic screen protectors look and feel nice, but because of the taper on the edges of the screen they dont stick down well.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I've ordered a Beyond Cell Duo-Shield Hard Shell & Silicone Skin case for my phone from Amazon. I've read reviews on several sites where people ordered colored cases and the case color around the lens creates a halo around pictures of that same color, e.g. - if you have a pink case, you will have a pink halo around photos. That is why I ordered a black case just to be safe.

Amazon.com: Beyond Cell Duo-Shield Hard Shell & Silicone Skin Case for Nokia Lumia N920 - Black/Dark Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Poetic Atmosphere and its great, doesn't add any noticeable bulk while it seems like a decent amount of protection. It's a black 928 so the case gives it a grayish look which is good looking. Waiting for a Skinpea screen protector and then I am all set with some protection for my 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa