08-13-2014 10:41 AM
91 1234
tools
    Here is a few pics
    Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1375622372270.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1375622403343.jpg  
    Aaron Bateman likes this.
    08-04-2013 08:20 AM
    Gosh that looks really bulky.
    08-05-2013 06:37 AM
    Ok, that may be the one for me. Otterbox does not want to play, this one looks gtg for me. Is there a holster that goes with it? I like to strap it onto my backpack shoulder straps and have the phone come off.
    08-05-2013 11:23 AM
    It did not come with a holster. I haven't looked on the website.they may have one
    08-05-2013 07:26 PM
    Just to give a little update. Seems that the Windex-like solution I used is not a good idea. There is some terrible streaking on the screen. I have contacted Zagg and inquired as to getting some solution, to redo the screen side.
    Last edited by 11B1P; 08-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    08-06-2013 04:49 PM
    Just to give a little update. Seems that the Windex-like solution I used is not a good idea. There is some terrible streaking on the screen. I have contacted Zagg and inquired as to getting some solution, to redo the screen side.
    I contacted Zagg. They said I should have used water, as the streaking will not go away. Suggested I file a warranty replacement. Cost $3.99 for shipping. I'll try again.
    08-07-2013 03:14 PM
    08-08-2013 03:31 PM
    I contacted Zagg. They said I should have used water, as the streaking will not go away. Suggested I file a warranty replacement. Cost $3.99 for shipping. I'll try again.
    I cant stand Zagg stuff. Their screen protector feels rubbery, not smooth. Ghost Armor is a bit better but not much. The harder plastic screen protectors look and feel nice, but because of the taper on the edges of the screen they dont stick down well.
    08-08-2013 03:34 PM
    I've ordered a Beyond Cell Duo-Shield Hard Shell & Silicone Skin case for my phone from Amazon. I've read reviews on several sites where people ordered colored cases and the case color around the lens creates a halo around pictures of that same color, e.g. - if you have a pink case, you will have a pink halo around photos. That is why I ordered a black case just to be safe.

Amazon.com: Beyond Cell Duo-Shield Hard Shell & Silicone Skin Case for Nokia Lumia N920 - Black/Dark Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories
    08-09-2013 08:33 AM
    I just received my Poetic Atmosphere and its great, doesn't add any noticeable bulk while it seems like a decent amount of protection. It's a black 928 so the case gives it a grayish look which is good looking. Waiting for a Skinpea screen protector and then I am all set with some protection for my 928.
    08-09-2013 03:32 PM
    Can you still charge wireless with the Poetic or Trident cases? I do not want to spend the money and then deal with shipping back if they do not.
    Last edited by jt09xlt; 09-30-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    09-30-2013 10:47 AM
    Can you still charge wireless with the Poetic or Trident cases? I do not want to spend the money and then deal with shipping back if they do not.
    I haven't seen anyone report any case that prevented wireless charging. That said, I have the Poetic, and charge wirelessly all the time.
    09-30-2013 11:41 AM
    I haven't seen anyone report any case that prevented wireless charging. That said, I have the Poetic, and charge wirelessly all the time.
    I am just wondering specifically with the Trident case due to the extra thickness. I would think that with the extra added thickness that it could interfere with the wireless charging capability. I do not know the limitations of the wireless charging with these phones. Right now I am running my phone naked but have been thinking of getting a case and these two look like the best option for me.

Just found the answer through some more searching. It does indeed work. Now I just need to decide which case...
    Last edited by jt09xlt; 09-30-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    09-30-2013 01:19 PM
    +1 on Poetic Atmosphere case from Amazon. Love it on my 928.

And yes, wireless charging is not a problem, even with a 3rd party (Energizer) charger.
    09-30-2013 02:35 PM
    I am just wondering specifically with the Trident case due to the extra thickness. I would think that with the extra added thickness that it could interfere with the wireless charging capability. I do not know the limitations of the wireless charging with these phones. Right now I am running my phone naked but have been thinking of getting a case and these two look like the best option for me.

Just found the answer through some more searching. It does indeed work. Now I just need to decide which case...
    Just FYI, if you look in other forums (those for phones that have an OtterBox available to them), you'll see people saying that the OtterBox allows wireless charging. I used the OtterBox on my Lumia 822 for a while, until I got a Trident that I liked better. Also, there are people who've gotten out their routers (not the wifi kind) and routed out wood and made tables into wireless chargers. At work, I'm wireless-charging through about 1/8" of pine in addition to the thickness of my Poetic Atmosphere.
    10-01-2013 08:47 AM
    Just FYI, if you look in other forums (those for phones that have an OtterBox available to them), you'll see people saying that the OtterBox allows wireless charging. I used the OtterBox on my Lumia 822 for a while, until I got a Trident that I liked better. Also, there are people who've gotten out their routers (not the wifi kind) and routed out wood and made tables into wireless chargers. At work, I'm wireless-charging through about 1/8" of pine in addition to the thickness of my Poetic Atmosphere.
    Good to know. This is the first phone I've done wireless charging and I must say that I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, however I do truly like it over plugging in.
    10-03-2013 09:41 AM
    The Trident Aegis looks uhgly to me, but I needed a high durability case for traveling or when I'm out hiking.. saw it on amazon for 50% off and ordered it. Only the lime green was 50% off so that's the color I got. I'll post back when it arrives with my opinions :O

I also plan on putting the MS store warranty on it... hope the red one is released...
    10-03-2013 10:51 PM
    I've gotten a few of these Body Glove dropsuit cases and I like them a lot. Not too much bulk and grippy. Wireless charging works and no issues with the camera.

Amazon.com: Body Glove 9356001 DropSuit Rugged Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - Verizon - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    10-04-2013 06:28 AM
    The Trident Aegis looks uhgly to me, but I needed a high durability case for traveling or when I'm out hiking.. saw it on amazon for 50% off and ordered it. Only the lime green was 50% off so that's the color I got. I'll post back when it arrives with my opinions :O

I also plan on putting the MS store warranty on it... hope the red one is released...
    I went ahead and ordered the Trident case due to the durability. I am not rough on my phones by any means but I do frequent places that there is a potential for damage. I like the case in that it makes the phone fit in my hand better. The 928 is rather thin for its overall size. I also ordered one of those wet apply screen protectors. I haven't installed it yet but plan on it this weekend.
    10-04-2013 08:49 AM
    I received my Trident Aegis in the mail today, the green looks decent. The speaker is covered by an anti-dust mesh which is nice. So far the only complaint is that the inner shell could have been secured to the sides of the device tighter(via outer shell wrapping around somewhere on the sides). I'd recommend this case to anyone who isn't put off by added bulk.
    10-07-2013 09:39 PM
    I went ahead and ordered the Trident case due to the durability. I am not rough on my phones by any means but I do frequent places that there is a potential for damage. I like the case in that it makes the phone fit in my hand better. The 928 is rather thin for its overall size. I also ordered one of those wet apply screen protectors. I haven't installed it yet but plan on it this weekend.
    Which wet apply screen protector did you get? I had a skinomi for awhile but wasn't happy with it as it's actually pretty soft and it got a lot of indentations after only a few weeks. Looked like crap. Now I'm back with the cheap peal and stick that doesn't cover the entire screen; which doesn't look good either but at least it doesn't get dents all over it and they are cheap and easy to replace once they get scratched or start to peal away from the screen.
    10-08-2013 06:31 AM
    My wife has a trident case and she's had no issue, whatsoever, with the charging pad. I think her phone looks nice enough with the case, though I prefer mine naked.
    10-08-2013 04:51 PM
    Which wet apply screen protector did you get? I had a skinomi for awhile but wasn't happy with it as it's actually pretty soft and it got a lot of indentations after only a few weeks. Looked like crap. Now I'm back with the cheap peal and stick that doesn't cover the entire screen; which doesn't look good either but at least it doesn't get dents all over it and they are cheap and easy to replace once they get scratched or start to peal away from the screen.
    Same here. Skinomi looked great day after installed and all the micro bubbles had disappeared. Now 2 months later screen looks terrible with all sorts of indentations in it. So much for "self healing" screen protector as Skinomi claims...
    10-08-2013 05:42 PM
    My wife has a trident case and she's had no issue, whatsoever, with the charging pad. I think her phone looks nice enough with the case, though I prefer mine naked.
    I prefer my wife naked too. Oh wait, you were talking about her phone.
    10-08-2013 07:44 PM
    Ok, that may be the one for me. Otterbox does not want to play, this one looks gtg for me. Is there a holster that goes with it? I like to strap it onto my backpack shoulder straps and have the phone come off.
    I don't think Otterbox is going to play. I tweet @otterboxCS every day that I think about it.
    10-08-2013 07:46 PM
91 1234