928 Case???? Aren't there any decent ones?

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I got a TPU case for my 928 the day I got it, but when you go to Amazon there are STILL no decent cases for it. What the heck? I got a couple beauties for the S4 almost immediately. I could get another TPU case, but why bother when the one Verizon added for free is about as good as a TPU case ever gets? Is there anything made by Incipio or anything?

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The black Feather is in stock and I'm sure the Cyan will come back in stock soon - it was yesterday I think!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
You won't see many accessories come out for this device because it is not an international device and exclusive to Verizon only. What you see now is about all you will get. There is not enough demand for this phone to make sense for accessory manufacturers to create custom items. I ordered the Cyan feather from Incipio and will have it tomorrow. I have used their feather product on other phones. It does not provide much protection so I will see whether it will be worth keeping. I also ordered the Nokia CR-200 Wireless/NFC Car dock from the UK. That is about the only other fairly custom accessory that will be available for the 928.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the black Feather coming tomorrow (was happy with the Feather for my Trophy, another Incipio case for my wife's iPod).

Report on the car dock when you get it, if you can! Was looking at it on Amazon UK also...

You won't see many accessories come out for this device because it is not an international device and exclusive to Verizon only. What you see now is about all you will get. There is not enough demand for this phone to make sense for accessory manufacturers to create custom items. I ordered the Cyan feather from Incipio and will have it tomorrow. I have used their feather product on other phones. It does not provide much protection so I will see whether it will be worth keeping. I also ordered the Nokia CR-200 Wireless/NFC Car dock from the UK. That is about the only other fairly custom accessory that will be available for the 928.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

The 822 was similarly VZW only yet had many cases from various vendors, including otterbox

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Just received my Incipio Cyan Feather case. It is excellent. Much better than the crap Verizon sells. It does not cover your screen but the side rails rise slightly above the screen so that you could flip it over on the screen and the screen would not touch the surface it is laying on. Wireless charging still works through the case but it is slightly finicky. I should be receiving the car dock by Monday and noticed on a Finnish YouTube video that the dock provides a custom car dock software to select your functions. The video is shown with a 920 so I don't know if that software will automatically work with the 928. I will let everyone know.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a tpu that was ok but lackluster. I have the feather which doesn't really offer a ton of protection but I really like so far. I also preordered the poetic atmosphere which looks pretty good. If its otterbox that you want then go with the Trident. It is equal or better.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the Feather, which is definitely minimal (it's what I had on my Trophy). It's pretty slick out of the box, like the 928 itself. I think the weight and shape of the phone actually make it more "slick". It's so heavy that it tips the balance of power between gravity and the friction of your fingers towards gravity's shattering embrace.

The Feather did save my Trophy though (needed a new one afterwards), dropped it from about 5+ feet up, the corner of the Feather shattered, it flew off, the battery cover flew off...but the phone kept on trucking. ;)

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a case holster combo from eBay for $10 so I will see what its like when it comes in. I found the most cases on eBay .

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the Feather, which is definitely minimal (it's what I had on my Trophy). It's pretty slick out of the box, like the 928 itself. I think the weight and shape of the phone actually make it more "slick". It's so heavy that it tips the balance of power between gravity and the friction of your fingers towards gravity's shattering embrace.

The Feather did save my Trophy though (needed a new one afterwards), dropped it from about 5+ feet up, the corner of the Feather shattered, it flew off, the battery cover flew off...but the phone kept on trucking. ;)

I got the Feather yesterday, and so far I really like it. It's not as grippy as the TPU case that came with the phone, but it's definitely better looking. The lip keeps the screen off the tabletop when I lay it face down, and it should keep the phone more or less clean. Plus the combination of black case and white phone body looks kinda cool. The ports are definitely more accessible. And wireless charging works just as well as with the TPU. So I'm happy.

larrymcj

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Not necessarily true. I talked with Speck Products twice over the past couple of days to make sure I got two different people. Both told me that "more than likely" they would be making the CandyShell Grip for the 928 because so many people had requested it. You can vote for it at: https://speckproducts.uservoice.com...stions/3952117-candy-shell-grip-for-lumia-928

In the interim I'm using the Incipio Feather case but I know if I drop it on the driveway, the phone's going to come out of the case. The Feather is a nice feeling case, but I don't think there's much durability to it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Try the Trident Aegis. It's comparable to the OtterBox and much better IMO.

The issue I have with the Trident is that it looks like they rushed to produce it. They didn't cutout the camera bezel to design. They simply cutout a hole for the lens.

Last edited:

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a incipio feather and poetic atmosphere. Both seem to be good cases. However, I'm not confident the phone would survive a large drop with either case. I think they are more for regular wear and tear.

The feather seems to feel better in the hand and they poetic is slightly thicker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss