928 Case???? Aren't there any decent ones?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The issue I have with the Trident is that it looks like they rushed to produce it. The didn't cutout the camera bezel to design. They simply cutout a hole for the lens.

I agree... While I liked the Trident on my 822, I don't like the look as well for their 928 model. Lumias are about DESIGN! Give us some good designs that COMPLIMENT our phones!

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a incipio feather and poetic atmosphere. Both seem to be good cases. However, I'm not confident the phone would survive a large drop with either case. I think they are more for regular wear and tear.

The feather seems to feel better in the hand and they poetic is slightly thicker.

I haven't used the Poetic, but I have a Feather and I love it. I almost prefer it to using the phone without a case, which is unheard of for me. But I think the Feather is slightly more rounded and the corners are a little softer, whereas the phone itself is quite angular. Plus it looks pretty good.

GrabMyWrist

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Clear plastic is what causes the halo. None of that in Trident.

Possibly. I've seen other cases that weren't clear cause the same issue. It's generally related to the case being too close to the flash. Either way, I'm certain they had a reason for designing the case the way they did.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Got my trident aegis today ! I love it. I can text freely again without feeling the phone is going to slip out of the hands. Plus it keeps my hand from hitting the camera lens and smudging it up

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Possibly. I've seen other cases that weren't clear cause the same issue. It's generally related to the case being too close to the flash. Either way, I'm certain they had a reason for designing the case the way they did.

Lens flare (the halo effect you see) is caused by bright light striking the lens at the time of image capture. It's the photographic reason for using a lens hood (there's a protection reason, too - it's cheaper to bang the end of a lens hood than the end of a lens). In the case of the original Atmosphere, the cause is light traveling through the plastic that is between the lens and flash, much as it would through a fiber-optic filament. Remove the light conductor, and the flare disappears.

Trident doesn't have clear plastic, so no traveling through the case. The plastic around the lens and flash is black, so less reflection. The plastic is not glossy, so even less reflection. And the plastic is angled such that any light from the flash that strikes the case and is reflected will be reflected away from the camera itself, out toward the scene.

But I may know a thing or two about how cameras work, and how to capture light..... :wink:
Photo(4).jpg

languedoctor

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
The Trident Aegis is a good case. It would be my recommendation.

I've tried the poetic atmosphere and a cheap ebay special. I had lens flare issues with both.

The Trident is a bit of a monster. It completely negates the phone's aesthetics. It does seem to offer great protection, though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The Trident Aegis is a good case. It would be my recommendation.

I've tried the poetic atmosphere and a cheap ebay special. I had lens flare issues with both.

The Trident is a bit of a monster. It completely negates the phone's aesthetics. It does seem to offer great protection, though.

Agreed... I like the protection of the Aegis, liked the look of it on my 822, but just going by what I see online, I am not as attracted to the one for the 928. Yes, great protection, but it does ruin the design of the phone. That's why I went with the Atmosphere, at least for now. I'd love to see a Candy Shell Grip for it, though.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
i really like my incipio feather cases (bought a black and cyan one) for my 928. very form fitting and not bulky. looks nice and most definitely protective enough.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
i really like my incipio feather cases (bought a black and cyan one) for my 928. very form fitting and not bulky. looks nice and most definitely protective enough.

I agree, I totally love my Feather. Have you noticed though that the corners get dirty? Mine are darkening noticeably; I think part of the problem may be dark jeans, but the area where I tend to rest the phone (bottom right corner in the back) against my hand is wearing off. The matte finish is giving way to the shiny base coating. It doesn't look too good, and I've only had the case about two weeks so no way I want to get a new one already....

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
so far haven't noticed that on mine. maybe ditch the skinny jeans and there will be less friction between your phone and pants haha. kidding!

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
so far haven't noticed that on mine. maybe ditch the skinny jeans and there will be less friction between your phone and pants haha. kidding!

How did you know!! No, but seriously, maybe that's part of it. Lol

I'm just disappointed its already starting to look dingy after so short a time.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Try the Trident Aegis. It's comparable to the OtterBox and much better IMO.

I second this...I use this and while it makes the phone look a little rounder, it offers good protection and easy to remote. I use a generic belt clip holder for a 5 inch phone and all is well! :)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Agreed... I like the protection of the Aegis, liked the look of it on my 822, but just going by what I see online, I am not as attracted to the one for the 928. Yes, great protection, but it does ruin the design of the phone. That's why I went with the Atmosphere, at least for now. I'd love to see a Candy Shell Grip for it, though.

I agree...it gives the phone a cheesy, rounded look...

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I like the poetic case for my 928. Not too bulky and still allows me to slide phone in and out of pocket easy

I think the Poetic and Feather are nearly identical (look at the pics on Amazon - they look about the same), but the Poetic is cheaper. I got the Poetic and I really like it. It's not an Aegis in terms of protection but the edges prject enough that you can lay it face down without the glass touching a table top or something. And I like my combination of white phone and black case. The case is pretty tough too,

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
How does the Poetic or Feather case affect the feel of the side of the screen? I'm in the group that thinks the design should stay completely how it was designed, because what was the point of the engineers doing the work in the first place. I really like the rounded edges and the feel of the screen as you swipe all the way from the edge. I assume that putting these cases on, despite being very thin, will affect that feel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss