928 Case???? Aren't there any decent ones?

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Can you still charge wireless with the Poetic or Trident cases? I do not want to spend the money and then deal with shipping back if they do not.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you still charge wireless with the Poetic or Trident cases? I do not want to spend the money and then deal with shipping back if they do not.

I haven't seen anyone report any case that prevented wireless charging. That said, I have the Poetic, and charge wirelessly all the time.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone report any case that prevented wireless charging. That said, I have the Poetic, and charge wirelessly all the time.

I am just wondering specifically with the Trident case due to the extra thickness. I would think that with the extra added thickness that it could interfere with the wireless charging capability. I do not know the limitations of the wireless charging with these phones. Right now I am running my phone naked but have been thinking of getting a case and these two look like the best option for me.

Just found the answer through some more searching. It does indeed work. Now I just need to decide which case...

Last edited:

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
+1 on Poetic Atmosphere case from Amazon. Love it on my 928.

And yes, wireless charging is not a problem, even with a 3rd party (Energizer) charger.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am just wondering specifically with the Trident case due to the extra thickness. I would think that with the extra added thickness that it could interfere with the wireless charging capability. I do not know the limitations of the wireless charging with these phones. Right now I am running my phone naked but have been thinking of getting a case and these two look like the best option for me.

Just found the answer through some more searching. It does indeed work. Now I just need to decide which case...
Just FYI, if you look in other forums (those for phones that have an OtterBox available to them), you'll see people saying that the OtterBox allows wireless charging. I used the OtterBox on my Lumia 822 for a while, until I got a Trident that I liked better. Also, there are people who've gotten out their routers (not the wifi kind) and routed out wood and made tables into wireless chargers. At work, I'm wireless-charging through about 1/8" of pine in addition to the thickness of my Poetic Atmosphere. :wink:

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, if you look in other forums (those for phones that have an OtterBox available to them), you'll see people saying that the OtterBox allows wireless charging. I used the OtterBox on my Lumia 822 for a while, until I got a Trident that I liked better. Also, there are people who've gotten out their routers (not the wifi kind) and routed out wood and made tables into wireless chargers. At work, I'm wireless-charging through about 1/8" of pine in addition to the thickness of my Poetic Atmosphere. :wink:

Good to know. This is the first phone I've done wireless charging and I must say that I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, however I do truly like it over plugging in.

Koato8

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The Trident Aegis looks uhgly to me, but I needed a high durability case for traveling or when I'm out hiking.. saw it on amazon for 50% off and ordered it. Only the lime green was 50% off so that's the color I got. I'll post back when it arrives with my opinions :O

I also plan on putting the MS store warranty on it... hope the red one is released...

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
The Trident Aegis looks uhgly to me, but I needed a high durability case for traveling or when I'm out hiking.. saw it on amazon for 50% off and ordered it. Only the lime green was 50% off so that's the color I got. I'll post back when it arrives with my opinions :O

I also plan on putting the MS store warranty on it... hope the red one is released...
I went ahead and ordered the Trident case due to the durability. I am not rough on my phones by any means but I do frequent places that there is a potential for damage. I like the case in that it makes the phone fit in my hand better. The 928 is rather thin for its overall size. I also ordered one of those wet apply screen protectors. I haven't installed it yet but plan on it this weekend.

Koato8

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I received my Trident Aegis in the mail today, the green looks decent. The speaker is covered by an anti-dust mesh which is nice. So far the only complaint is that the inner shell could have been secured to the sides of the device tighter(via outer shell wrapping around somewhere on the sides). I'd recommend this case to anyone who isn't put off by added bulk.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered the Trident case due to the durability. I am not rough on my phones by any means but I do frequent places that there is a potential for damage. I like the case in that it makes the phone fit in my hand better. The 928 is rather thin for its overall size. I also ordered one of those wet apply screen protectors. I haven't installed it yet but plan on it this weekend.

Which wet apply screen protector did you get? I had a skinomi for awhile but wasn't happy with it as it's actually pretty soft and it got a lot of indentations after only a few weeks. Looked like crap. Now I'm back with the cheap peal and stick that doesn't cover the entire screen; which doesn't look good either but at least it doesn't get dents all over it and they are cheap and easy to replace once they get scratched or start to peal away from the screen.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a trident case and she's had no issue, whatsoever, with the charging pad. I think her phone looks nice enough with the case, though I prefer mine naked.

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Which wet apply screen protector did you get? I had a skinomi for awhile but wasn't happy with it as it's actually pretty soft and it got a lot of indentations after only a few weeks. Looked like crap. Now I'm back with the cheap peal and stick that doesn't cover the entire screen; which doesn't look good either but at least it doesn't get dents all over it and they are cheap and easy to replace once they get scratched or start to peal away from the screen.

Same here. Skinomi looked great day after installed and all the micro bubbles had disappeared. Now 2 months later screen looks terrible with all sorts of indentations in it. So much for "self healing" screen protector as Skinomi claims...

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a trident case and she's had no issue, whatsoever, with the charging pad. I think her phone looks nice enough with the case, though I prefer mine naked.

I prefer my wife naked too. Oh wait, you were talking about her phone. :evil:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that may be the one for me. Otterbox does not want to play, this one looks gtg for me. Is there a holster that goes with it? I like to strap it onto my backpack shoulder straps and have the phone come off.

I don't think Otterbox is going to play. I tweet @otterboxCS every day that I think about it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The issue I have with the Trident is that they didn't design it to show the Carl Zeiss camera lens. The Otterbox for my 822 is made exactly for it. It's like Trident took the shortcut in the design.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The issue I have with the Trident is that they didn't design it to show the Carl Zeiss camera lens. The Otterbox for my 822 is made exactly for it. It's like Trident took the shortcut in the design.
I agree with you on that. I had the Otterbox and the Trident both for my 822 before I gave it to my wife. I ended up liking the Trident better, and sold the Otterbox, but I did wish that the Trident showed the badge.

GarnerMjolnir

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
My 928 is wearing a Trident case and Armour suit wet apply screen protector. So far so good, Trident seems like a quality case and the Armour suit has been good. It would be nice though to have a case that shows off the design, I really do like the way the phone looks without anything.

Boards don't punch back.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I picked up the Armorsuit Militaryshield one, here...
Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Nokia Lumia 928 Screen Protector Shield Ultra Clear + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

It is a tiny bit softer than say a hard plastic one but not super soft like you are referring. I have not had any issues with it so far. It covers the entire screen and as much as I touch the screen is relatively finger print free. I have had it on for about a week now and have only cleaned the screen once in that time.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Actually I see why they didn't have the cutout for the Carl Zeiss area in that it would be kind of hard for a more rugged style case to have a hole in the back side that is relatively 1/4 the total size of the back. Myself I would rather have less badging as long as I know what is on the inside. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos