New 928 Owner!

longsh0t

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up a black 928 to replace my red 8x (Verizon). I had the 8x since the day the red one was released so I'm pretty familiar with Windows Phone 8 but am excited to learn more about the Nokia exclusive stuff! Only drawback I've experienced so far is that 2 of the apps I had on my 8x are no longer available in the marketplace and I can't get them on my new 928. :(

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up a black 928 to replace my red 8x (Verizon). I had the 8x since the day the red one was released so I'm pretty familiar with Windows Phone 8 but am excited to learn more about the Nokia exclusive stuff! Only drawback I've experienced so far is that 2 of the apps I had on my 8x are no longer available in the marketplace and I can't get them on my new 928. :(

Nice! Congratulations. Which two apps are you referring to?

longsh0t

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
USAA and Starbux Card. I like the Sbux app over the one I'm using now because it showed the balance available. As for USAA, I can see the app in the Marketplace but when I try to install it it says it doesn't support the resolution of the 928.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the Nokia world! I too came from an 8x and all I miss is the size and Beats. Other than that, there is no looking back! (unless of course you want to buy my old 8x - see sig)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the Nokia world! I too came from an 8x and all I miss is the size and Beats. Other than that, there is no looking back! (unless of course you want to buy my old 8x - see sig)

Same here, although all I miss is the Beats, actually preferring the size of the phone (and the build quality is much better).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I tweet or facebook USAA every week or two and remind them of the desire for the WP app to return. Was happy to hear yesterday that Mint is now officially coming, but kind of disappointed that they said, "Just in time for the holidays" in their reply to my facebook post. Then I thought, "Independence day is a holiday... So is Memorial day...."

Nah - can't be that fortunate...:straight:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Keyring is no longer available, I used it on my Trophy to handle the grocery and drugstore loyalty cards, was pretty handy. No mention on their website about why or when/if a new release will be out.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If I re.ember right, the response when I emailed was something along the lines of "we pulled it due to it being very buggy, and we're looking at it." No commitment there.

I had it on my trophy, too. Been using Fid Me on the 928, but it doesn't support as many barcodes. It does have one feature I wanted in Keyring, though. The ability to pin a certain card. That Kroger card gets used the most. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)