Is anyone else screen getting light screen scratches with out doing anything?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a small but deep scratch in one corner which I got on day one, it was never in a pocket, just sat on the arm of the couch and we played some fruit ninja with my kids, and just now, my phone slipped from my hand and fell, 1 maybe 2 inches and bumped my trackball, and now has about 12 1/3 inch "scuff like" scratches in the middle of the screen.

Is it just the coating, can it be fixed? I've gotten scratches before when I've DROPPED my phone, but never just little things.

Second, I've been waiting to order my screen protector for some amazon rewards to come in, well, I just ordered it now, but will putting on the protector mask the scuffs? Sorta "fill them in" and make them less noticeable? I've had smart phones for 10 years (way back with treos) and this is the first phone I've gotten scratches like this.

Niall928

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mind at the gym from about 3.5 feet and it landed on its corner, flopped on the front, the slid a few feet on the glass. Not a single scratch to my surprise. I had a few light scratches on my previous iPhone. I had some success sanding it out with a very high grit sand paper and a little liquid. Then using a light abrasive polish to finish it of. But do this at your own risk, it worked well with the iPhone 4 (probably because the glass is thicker?).

Andreas H

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got two small scratches. One from a clean towel and one from toiletpaper. I can barely see them but it's still anoying. Didn't think a towel or toiletpaper could scratch these "indestructable" displays.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yah, it weird. It seems the big drops are fine, but the little ones are beating it up. I'm hoping this : Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Nokia Lumia 928 Screen Protector Shield Ultra Clear + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories
will help mask them

I put that protector on my phone recently and was really impressed with it so far (I'm one of the reviews on Amazon). I'd be curious to see if this shield can "fill in" the scratches you have. If there's a screen protector that can do it, I'd imagine this would be it. Rather than a film of plastic, this one seems to almost mold to the screen. Hope it goes well for you!

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Update: Pain in the *** to put on, but after a week, it looks great, and I can't see any of those scuffs anymore, the plastic just filled them in. NO screen discoloration like with the invisisheild I had on my old phone. One large bubble became a small inperfection, but it is in the lower right under the back button, so it doesn't bother me at all. Very satisfied with this screen cover.

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this on mine. Gorilla Glass my ***! I guy I work with has a Note 2 he's had for months and there are no scratches on his screen, but mine has a few microscratches--a couple that I can even feel by running my finger over the screen. Disappointing indeed.

yatman60

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't believe all the hype about gorilla glass. I had a droid DNA and I had it less than a week when I started noticing small hairline scratches on the glass and I never put it in the same pocket as my keys or around any solid objects that could scratch it. I think the gorilla glass hype is just a neat marketing gimick. It may make the screens harder to crack but they seem to scratch just as easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss