Delayed emails with 928 on Verizon

MikeB123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I run a service company and just equipped my technicians with Lumia 928's on Verizon (Replacing HTC Trophys). We love the phones but since techs are being dispatched via email, delays are critical. Many emails take 15 minutes or longer to go through and we know it is the phone since hitting the refresh button brings the emails in immediately. We have also tried turning Wi-Fi off on the thought that a weak Wi-Fi signal could cause issues. We do have it set to receive emails "As they arrive". Any suggestions?

Mike

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I only started using my Lumia 928 a couple days ago and have not had that issue yet. However, I had a somewhat similar issue with my HTC Trophy after I owned it for a couple months. What I would suggest is to uninstall and then reinstall the e-mail accounts that aren't being pushed through automatically and also use the sync button for a couple weeks after the accounts are reinstalled. I had e-mail problems with the Trophy for maybe a month or so, but once I figured out how to solve the problem, it worked flawlessly (and did not require manual syncs).

MikeB123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
We do have an in house exchange server. At first I thought it was the issue until I determined that if you send an email then hit Synch on the phone a few seconds later the email comes in. Since our techs are dispatched via email and are required to contact the customer as soon as possible after receiving the call this is a big problem. I will try removing and resetting up someone's phone and see if that helps.
Since out techs usually have 2 email accounts, one for everyday email and one for receiving service calls, is it possible that only the most recently entered account gets push notifications? We just did an experiment and sent an email to both accounts for a tech and one came in immediately and the other was delayed.

MikeB123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI we determined that the LAST email address set up on the phone is the only one that gets push emails, the others check every 15 mins or so. The solution was to delete the email account the techs get their service calls on and then read them making them the last ones added, This has been working for over 6 months with no reoccurrence.

airplaneguy

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Did this ever get resolved? I have Verizon email... seems to have gotten worse with later updates to phone and apps. If there is an attachment, I click on the link to download attachment, and just get a "downloading..." message, but it often doesn't ever download. Have similar issue with another email account - imap type. The Microsoft Live account handles emails just fine... So - guessing it's a port setting or something else that is not an option to change..? EMAIL should be basic!!! almost a deal breaker for me considering another windows phone. I've tried deleting and resinstalling, other suggestions I've seen on the forums. Microsoft - listening?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs