Can't Edit Contact Display Name

Chan1254

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
New Lumia owner :D

Anyways, I have this strange "bug" happening. I signed up my Facebook account and it imported all my friends to my contacts, and merged the ones I already had. However, I can't seem to change the name of the contact. Let me use an example. I had a contact named "John D", because I didn't know his last name. It imported my friends from Facebook, so there was also a contact named "John Doe", but it was the same person. Therefore, I linked the two contacts, but it named the new linked contact "John D" and not "John Doe". So I edited the name and changed it to "John Doe", but it still displays "John D" in the contact lists and everywhere else. The strange part is that when I go to edit the name again "John Doe" is already filled out, but like I said before, it just displays "John D" everywhere else on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Last edited:

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Alright, MS account contacts take precedence over Facebook contacts. Say you added your mom to your phone, but, obviously, your mom's name isn't "mom" on facebook. This way, if you use a MS account contact, Mom will always be mom. So, edit the MS account contact to the correct name and you'll be golden. I don't know if there is another way to do this. Try unlinking them, editing them, and relinking them.

Chan1254

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've tried that, multiple times, and it hasn't worked. It says that its the correct name when I go edit it, but it displays the wrong name everywhere else on the phone. I think I'm just going to have to add the number to the Facebook contact possibly.

Chan1254

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've tried that, multiple times, and it hasn't worked. It says that its the correct name when I go edit it, but it displays the wrong name everywhere else on the phone. I think I'm just going to have to add the number to the Facebook contact possibly.

This worked as a work around. I just wrote down the number, deleted the MS Contact, and added the number to the Facebook contact using the Backup Assist. It works :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786