Poetic Palette case

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got this to replace my free TPU case. There wasn't anything really wrong with the TPU, but it wasn't particularly pretty. I got the black Palette and if you get it you will find the top and bottom ends are more or less open. This exposes a lot of the phone, and since my phone is white the result is rather striking. There are some complaints that the case doesn't fit tightly. I find it fits about as tightly as can be expected - since the ends are open, there is no continuous support to hold the rim closed. So yeah, the sides do not clamp as tightly as a fully enclosed case. But it's not going anywhere. The sides have enough lip that you can place the phone face down without worrying too much about the screen getting scratched. The material is not too grippy, but I find it very comfortable to hold and it allows the phone to slip into a pocket easily. In addition it doesn't pick up dust and lint, It does show skin oils, but that wipes off easily. Since I am a habitual jeans or khakis wearer, I just wipe on a pant leg. Back to new.

As for damage, it's just going to prevent scratches. I wasn't looking for an otterbox-like level of protection, just something to ward off minor stuff and look good. This fills that description, and ought to work as well as a TPU case while looking better.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Re: Poetic Feather case

Thanks for the review sound like a great case. Can you add some pictures to this thread i would like to see what it looks like.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the review sound like a great case. Can you add some pictures to this thread i would like to see what it looks like.

Sure. Kinda painful when the phone is in the camera. I had to throw a charge on my Note 8. It gets really cranky when you're down to 1%!res1.jpgres4.jpgre2.jpg

mattb13

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Just to clarify... the case above is actually the Poetic Palette. Very similar in design, but this "Feather" is actually sold by Incipio. I have the Incipio Feather (in Cyan) and I would say everything OP said about the Poeticv Palette holds true with the Incipio Feather. Lightweight, will protect scratches etc... but maybe not the best for a major drop. Slim design lets me pull it out of my pocket, without the pocket lining coming with... something I've always hated about the bulkier cases.

The one thing I like about the Incipio over the Poetic (from a design standpoint) is the hole for the loudspeaker. Instead of having a large opening, the Incipio just has tiny holes drilled. Still allows full sound through, but in my opinion has a much better look. Additionally, the Incipio comes in Black, Grey, Blue, and Pink. I really didn't want a black case on my white phone, and the larger hole on the Poetic really didn't sit right with me, so I sprung the extra couple of bucks for the Incipio.

PROTIP: Coupon Code "web20" gets you 20% off at Incipio's site. Still costs more than the Poetic, but it'll save you ~$5.00!

Incipio Feather: feather Ultra Thin Nokia Lumia 928 Case
nk-156b.jpg

Poetic Palette: Palette Case for Nokia Lumia 928 by Poetic!
0005411_palette.jpeg

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Just to clarify... the case above is actually the Poetic Palette. Very similar in design, but this "Feather" is actually sold by Incipio. I have the Incipio Feather (in Cyan) and I would say everything OP said about the Poeticv Palette holds true with the Incipio Feather. Lightweight, will protect scratches etc... but maybe not the best for a major drop. Slim design lets me pull it out of my pocket, without the pocket lining coming with... something I've always hated about the bulkier cases.

The one thing I like about the Incipio over the Poetic (from a design standpoint) is the hole for the loudspeaker. Instead of having a large opening, the Incipio just has tiny holes drilled. Still allows full sound through, but in my opinion has a much better look. Additionally, the Incipio comes in Black, Grey, Blue, and Pink. I really didn't want a black case on my white phone, and the larger hole on the Poetic really didn't sit right with me, so I sprung the extra couple of bucks for the Incipio.

PROTIP: Coupon Code "web20" gets you 20% off at Incipio's site. Still costs more than the Poetic, but it'll save you ~$5.00!

Incipio Feather: feather Ultra Thin Nokia Lumia 928 Case
View attachment 36823

Poetic Palette: Palette Case for Nokia Lumia 928 by Poetic!
View attachment 36824

You're right - I don't know how I got Feather!!!!!!

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

At any rate - fixed. Sorry!!!! It's a nice case regardless of name :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720