What is the intended color for the capacitive buttons on the 928?

Ricanmeng

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Are the buttons supposed to be glow stick green or white? My first 928 had both colors and gunk, with the search button light turning whiter over time. My replacement 928 has no gunk but is glowstick green on all buttons much like the pictures shown for the articles on this site.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is a great question. The standard has always been that the capacitive buttons on Windows Phones, Lumia or otherwise, are intended to be white. For whatever reason, that has not been the case with 928 buttons. They have varied from yellow - white. This is the first I'm hearing of a "glowstick green" color.

The theory is that the capacitive buttons are yellowish because the adhesive didn't/hasn't tried correctly. One poster said it may be helpful to take a blow dryer to the phone for a bit while making sure that the battery doesn't get too hot. People have reported that the color gets better over time. Nokia hasn't yet publicly accepted that the difference in color is a defect.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The official word from Nokia care is that they have a yellowish tint to help with low light situations....that said, they are sending me a new one. Funny thing ..

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It looks like this is still a problem. I waited a long time to exchange hoping the buttons would be consistent. The new one i got was even more yellowish but the windows key is not covered evenly in yellow. The guy at the store was showing me how his new 1020 had yellow-y keys too. Weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12