Destroyed my 928 :(

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Nokia nor am I a Verizon customer, but I give you my condolences. As a former Sprint rep, the insurance was worth it and props for not reporting it as lost. Enjoy the new 928!

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're filing an insurance claim anyways and you think you can salvage the broken one, file as lost.
As a side note, if you report a phone lost or stolen it will be put on a national registry so it can't be activated again. He could even file a claim for the phone being destroyed and insurance will neg list the device id. Wouldn't be anything wrong with him keeping his smashed phone to tinker with.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As a side note, if you report a phone lost or stolen it will be put on a national registry so it can't be activated again. He could even file a claim for the phone being destroyed and insurance will neg list the device id. Wouldn't be anything wrong with him keeping his smashed phone to tinker with.

It's called insurance fraud. It is a crime.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
If you want to take it apart you might want some advice from someone who has done it a few (hundred) times ;) pm me for details if you want. There are a few critical tricks but once you know them the phone is simple to repair, I can replace a display in 10min with a single torx driver.

Also if you want to repair the screen I would make sure you are buying the screen/bezel combo, replacing the glass/display alone is not possible (anything is possible but the adhesive is not made to stick twice, trust me you don't want to do that).

epran712

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dang!

I've got an almost similar issue, but I just have a hairline crack at the top of my display :/ I was thinking about replacing the screen, but I can't find any online resources on how to do that for this specific model. Any help or suggestions would be GREAT.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just a little update on my experience. I got my new phone overnighted to me, the phone had the problem with the extremely loud vibration and the power button was almost flush with the side of the device, not raised like the camera/volume buttons. So Asurion sent me another phone, this one on the left side where the screen and the back case attach was bulged out, you could actually see a little bit of the inside. This time i called them back and they are sending me a black one that is supposed to be here tomorrow. I did end up taking the broken one apart, with the help from EDM. It is actually a very easy thing to do which makes me feel better. I will continue to pay for the insurance for the first year, after that i may cancel because im pretty confident i can fix this phone myself once the parts are cheaper.

WP_20130710_002 (1).jpg

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a little update on my experience. I got my new phone overnighted to me, the phone had the problem with the extremely loud vibration and the power button was almost flush with the side of the device, not raised like the camera/volume buttons. So Asurion sent me another phone, this one on the left side where the screen and the back case attach was bulged out, you could actually see a little bit of the inside. This time i called them back and they are sending me a black one that is supposed to be here tomorrow. I did end up taking the broken one apart, with the help from EDM. It is actually a very easy thing to do which makes me feel better. I will continue to pay for the insurance for the first year, after that i may cancel because im pretty confident i can fix this phone myself once the parts are cheaper.
Did you figure out what's causing the buzz?

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
That sucks bro.
I'll have to invest in a sturdy case for my 928 if I get one, I'm a total butterfingers when it comes to phones (amazed my inc2 is still around after how many times I've dropped it). Hopefully Otterbox makes a 928 case, although iirc they said they wouldn't. Why does every OEM/Carrier/business treat these phones like nothing, but push a simply horrid platform like Android?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just wish the Trident showed the Carl Zeiss | Pureview portion of the phone. I got my black one in today. Man is it sexy, not that i dont like the white but this black is sexy :p

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll have a look at the Trident case. My friend has an Otterbox and to demonstrate it's protection he dropped his phone down a flight of stairs at my school, so I'm pretty impressed with their brand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos