Contact Sorting with ACT, Companion Link and Deja Office

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
New 928 owner here -- so far love the phone.

I use the ACT! Contact Manager and a program from CompanionLink called Companion Link (desktop) and the partner Phone app Deja Office (phone) to synchronize the desktop/phone. Worked fine on my Droid X. However when I sync to the 928 sorting in the People App is incorrect. -- I have the app set to sort on Last Name, but it sorts on the First Name. If I look at the contact listing in Deja Office it has the First Name in the First Name field, and Last Name in the Last Name field.

Has anyone seen a similar issue with this or other imported Contact lists?? The Phone app sorts Facebook and LinkedIn contacts correctly. . .

Thanks in advance -- reading this forum the past few days has been a big help in making my decision.

Mike

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
All I could find in their forums is
Try this: Open DejaContacts > Tap on Options > Categories. Is 'All Categories' selected? If not, the results may be filtered down to one category.
They also said android version was 3 years old and the WP version is new from scratch. They've been doing updates with bug fixes. The latest version is dated 6/7/2013. If nothing else you might post your problem in their forum. They reply and forward to their tech team.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
All I could find in their forums is
Try this: Open DejaContacts > Tap on Options > Categories. Is 'All Categories' selected? If not, the results may be filtered down to one category.
They also said android version was 3 years old and the WP version is new from scratch. They've been doing updates with bug fixes. The latest version is dated 6/7/2013. If nothing else you might post your problem in their forum. They reply and forward to their tech team.
Thanks -- I should have included I've been through this with CompanionLink Support. The data in the DejaOffice App is formatted correctly - for some reason the People App isn't parsing the First Name, Last Name and Salutation (Mr., Mrs. etc.) fields correctly. They're all correct in the DejaOffice App.

Companion Link is usually pretty good -- said it was something with the People App sync. All their data is in the right place on the phone. I guess the next thing to do is post on the Microsoft Windows Phone forums and see what happens.

Clcto

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Mr. Perry. I'll email you out of the CompanionLink system. The tech who said that we don't control the onboard app was not correct. We have complete control of the system.

I'll have the techs follow up shortly.

I'm sorry for all your trouble with this.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Wayland -- downloaded the update for Deja Office -- the two bugs I had identified are now fixed.

Uninstalled, reinstalled and synced -- works as expected. Thanks for responding to the issue. Wanted to acknowledge your efforts here. . .

Mke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss