07-08-2013 09:17 PM
50 12
tools
    Yes. A Verizon problem. As I said, I get all mine in a specific thread on AT&T 920.
    07-07-2013 11:51 AM
    I guess I am confused. On an Iphone you type in a group and the responses all come as a group as well. On the 928 you type in a group and it sends as that but responses come back individually in another thread.
    Verizon has disabled the group messaging in the Windows phone 8, yet the htc trophy which is Windows phone 7 has group messaging.
    I would suggest getting the app "group me". It doesn't solve it but could be a short term solution. This is one reason why I haven't gone to Verizon.
    07-07-2013 01:34 PM
    Google error 85010013 and see if supports exchange just fine. It does on some less secure accounts but not many that have advanced security.
    Actually, my IT group knows that my device doesn't have an SD card, so that policy is turned off for my phone.
    07-07-2013 02:47 PM
    Actually, my IT group knows that my device doesn't have an SD card, so that policy is turned off for my phone.
    So you walk into your IT office and they make a policy exception for your phone? That sounds like a great place to work.......Meanwhile I call help desk and they tell you they only actively support IOS, Android, and BB. Why is it IT's responsibility for something that should work out of the box from Microsoft?
    07-07-2013 02:59 PM
    Just know that despite the feeling you get here at wpcentral, you aren't a bad person for sending your windows phone back. If it doesn't work for you the way you need it to, then you should get a different phone. WP meets my needs for now so I'm ok but if it ever stops meeting my needs I'll probably be back on android.
    DrewT3, hopmedic, maevinj and 1 others like this.
    07-07-2013 03:05 PM
    Just know that despite the feeling you get here at wpcentral, you aren't a bad person for sending your windows phone back. If it doesn't work for you the way you need it to, then you should get a different phone. WP meets my needs for now so I'm ok but if it ever stops meeting my needs I'll probably be back on android.
    I will still keep up with the forums in hope these issues are fixed. I really think WP8 has potential but I will wait on it to mature some more.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    07-07-2013 03:11 PM
    I really wanted to jump on the WP8 bandwagon after being with IOS for years so I ran out and got the 928 from Verizon. After a week of having it I am going to send it back so that I can get a refund. The biggest headaches are group messaging and my corporate email account. I never realized how much I use group messaging with the Iphone and it's unacceptable that a smartphone doesn't have this feature. I really don't care if it's Microsoft or Verizon its a shame. After research, Active Exchange throws error messages and won't let me use my corporate email account. I get the 85010013 code and it looks like this has went on since launch with no end in sight. My wife got a BB Z10 to try and all these features work correctly out of the box. I really wanted WP8 to work but at this time it's just not nearly as advanced as IOS. Back to my 4s until something better comes along.
    Not sure if its the 928 or not but group messaging works just fine on my L920. Pretty flawlessly too. I just could not do with with mobile iron crap they want to install on every BYOB so I don't use Mobile Iron. BTW, what is Active Exchange? I've heard of Active Diectory and Exchange but not Active Exchange. What is that?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 12:52 AM
    Not sure if its the 928 or not but group messaging works just fine on my L920. Pretty flawlessly too. I just could not do with with mobile iron crap they want to install on every BYOB so I don't use Mobile Iron. BTW, what is Active Exchange? I've heard of Active Diectory and Exchange but not Active Exchange. What is that?
    AT&T does not disable group messaging. It worked on WP7.5/7.8 too. Lack of group messaging on the 928 is a VZW issue; VZW disabled the feature.

I never heard of Active Exchange either. It's Active Directory, Exchange, or Exchange ActiveSync that I'm familiar with.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 07-08-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: typo
    07-08-2013 01:18 AM
    I really wanted to jump on the WP8 bandwagon after being with IOS for years so I ran out and got the 928 from Verizon. After a week of having it I am going to send it back so that I can get a refund. The biggest headaches are group messaging and my corporate email account. I never realized how much I use group messaging with the Iphone and it's unacceptable that a smartphone doesn't have this feature. I really don't care if it's Microsoft or Verizon its a shame. After research, Active Exchange throws error messages and won't let me use my corporate email account. I get the 85010013 code and it looks like this has went on since launch with no end in sight. My wife got a BB Z10 to try and all these features work correctly out of the box. I really wanted WP8 to work but at this time it's just not nearly as advanced as IOS. Back to my 4s until something better comes along.

Fyi,

If you still have the phone, to fix the error code you keep getting when your phone connects to Exchange, delete the email acct from your phone, log into OWA and then go into your options > phone or mobile (believe that's what it was called) and remove all of your unassociated devices from your account. Once your WP8 device is removed you can re-add it to Exchange and this should resolve that error message...

I ran into it quite a bit and went through that and its worked ever since.. I do run an exchange server as well...

Wish you well if your not on the 928 anymore!
    Laura Knotek and Bee Mon like this.
    07-08-2013 01:42 AM
    What an anal statement. The z10 is such a brilliant phone you'd be surprised at how good it is. The fact that people actually put up with Windows Phone is rather laughable. I mean... 2103 and you can't even group message??? smh. I'm not surprised Windows PHone has been ignored for those to get BBM when released cross platform. Whatsapp on Windows Phone sucks compared to z10 and lets not even start on the Skype issue.

You need to wake up dude and not be blinded by fanboysm.

Really sad to see people jumping ship because of a feature we are told is coming soon. I really hope Verizon gets this rolled out asap. The fact that someone is willing to put up with the Z10 for this feature shows how important it is.

As for the corporate email...with the correct settings i am pretty sure you should be able to get it to work.
    07-08-2013 05:22 AM
    What is OWA? Sounds interesting.
    07-08-2013 05:31 AM
    one of the meanings is office web access
    07-08-2013 07:46 AM
    OWA = Outlook Web Access
    My company has had this available for much longer than they have allowed people to use their own devices to connect to the company email systems.
    07-08-2013 08:23 AM
    What an anal statement. The z10 is such a brilliant phone you'd be surprised at how good it is. The fact that people actually put up with Windows Phone is rather laughable. I mean... 2103 and you can't even group message??? smh. I'm not surprised Windows PHone has been ignored for those to get BBM when released cross platform. Whatsapp on Windows Phone sucks compared to z10 and lets not even start on the Skype issue.

Yikes... Where did this guy come from? Anal statement? What the heck does that even mean?
    I've worked extensively with a Z10. My mom had one for a week before turning it in. That thing is riddled with issues. The UI and the gestures are extraordinarily counterintuitive. WP8 is the opposite. I honestly don't feel the need to stave off his personal attacks or his unfounded claims to greatness for one of the biggest flops in technology for 2013.

You're right Edm, VZW really needs to get their act together if people are choosing the Z10 over any high end WP8.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    07-08-2013 08:54 AM
    Verizon has disabled the group messaging in the Windows phone 8, yet the htc trophy which is Windows phone 7 has group messaging.
    I would suggest getting the app "group me". It doesn't solve it but could be a short term solution. This is one reason why I haven't gone to Verizon.
    According to another post and confirmed by a verizon rep. Group texting on Windows Phone 8 has a problem with Verizon's network, they HAD to disable on release. The only problem is they have not said anything publicly, they just disabled it. They said a fix is coming soon but, when will soon be now ?

What corporate email problems are happening ? I've synced with Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 with SSL with no issues. Only problem I have seen or run into was a company that is on Lotus Notes, can't sync with notes.. (notes sucks anyway)
    07-08-2013 09:20 AM
    We do military stuff and I believe we have the one of the top most secure system in the market. And yet EAS is EAS, it supports my 920 out of the box.
    According to Microsoft there is a flaw in WP8 that if the policy "Require Encryption on Storage Card" is enabled, your WP8 device will not sync. So if your device is syncing, maybe you're not as secure as you think. :)

When the policy parameter Require Encryption on Storage Card is enabled, Windows Phone 8 devices misreport the presence of an SD card, even if the device has no SD card slot. The policy enforcement occurs, provisioning fails, and the device cannot be synchronized.
    07-08-2013 09:54 AM
    I've also been using a Z10 since launch which includes myself setting up a BB10 environment so I can retire BES5 and get the few remaining Blackberry users over to the new system. It's not a bad OS, but it doesn't even come close to comparing with how easy WP8 is to use, not by a long shot. The current Verizon version of the Z10 randomly reboots non-stop, which will be fixed when they finally get around to releasing 10.1.

Sure, you can blame the lack of 10.1 on Verizon, but same goes for lack of group messaging on Verizon WPs. BB10 is just not very intuitive to use. For us smartphone power users, we can figure out, but for our users who's jobs are not in IT, they will struggle trying to figure it out.

07-08-2013 10:03 AM
    wp7 works in a corporate environment on eas whereas wp8 has the sd card storage encryption policy bug (officially acknowledged by ms) bc from what I read wp7 supports no encryption whatsoever. completely ignores the policies lol so you can view your emails but they aren't encrypted in any way. ms needs to allow wp8s without expandable storage to ignore this policy and they need to implement something baked into the os like nitro touchdown on android for the phones with expandable storage so they don't get rejected by an sd card security policy.
    07-08-2013 11:33 AM
    I spoke with our IT department today and they said WP8 has the encryption bug described so they recommenced the Good app. I plugged this in and actually worked although the native EAS is much better.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 06:14 PM
    so there's an app for wp8 called Good app and that let you now connect to your work email on the phone?
    07-08-2013 08:02 PM
    Yes the app name is Good. Our IT department issues a pin number and you enter your email address and it connects. It works fairly well but I still favor the Exchange Server over the App.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 08:18 PM
    07-08-2013 08:40 PM
    so is the app good enough for you to keep the phone or are ya still going to return it?
    07-08-2013 09:01 PM
    so is the app good enough for you to keep the phone or are ya still going to return it?
    Enjoying the phone more every day. I am still going to return it and read the forums to see when Verizon updates group messaging and what the new update does.
    07-08-2013 09:07 PM
    There's another thread going right now where a 928 user on Verizon has group messaging. It might be worth waiting to see if someone can find a way to replicate his success for others. If that's the only reason for a return at this point.
    tvolpe86 likes this.
    07-08-2013 09:17 PM
50 12