928 going back :(

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted to jump on the WP8 bandwagon after being with IOS for years so I ran out and got the 928 from Verizon. After a week of having it I am going to send it back so that I can get a refund. The biggest headaches are group messaging and my corporate email account. I never realized how much I use group messaging with the Iphone and it's unacceptable that a smartphone doesn't have this feature. I really don't care if it's Microsoft or Verizon its a shame. After research, Active Exchange throws error messages and won't let me use my corporate email account. I get the 85010013 code and it looks like this has went on since launch with no end in sight. My wife got a BB Z10 to try and all these features work correctly out of the box. I really wanted WP8 to work but at this time it's just not nearly as advanced as IOS. Back to my 4s until something better comes along.

bhiranya

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel your frustration. I too am a recent owner of a 928 after many years with a HTC Trophy.

The 928 is an amazing piece of tech what with the brilliant camera and stunning screen, which is why its even more sad when it is still trumped by what is now an ancient brick as the Trophy (by today's tech standards) by simply having every feature in the phone work.

Group messaging is a huge omission and I am sick and tired of "tech representatives" telling me that WP8 on verizon still has this feature;

"you simply go into your contacts and create a group, then select the group to send a message."​

Lets just assume that there is some parallel universe out there where this is actually an acceptable alternative to just typing in the people you want to include as you go, what happens when someone else decides to send a message out to a group that includes me? Am i to divine this information through telepathy or shaman voodoo? What if said group also happens to include people not on my contact list?

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I feel like Nokia has an amazing piece of hardware and the camera is great. Microsoft really needs to catch up with basic features.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Really sad to see people jumping ship because of a feature we are told is coming soon. I really hope Verizon gets this rolled out asap. The fact that someone is willing to put up with the Z10 for this feature shows how important it is.

As for the corporate email...with the correct settings i am pretty sure you should be able to get it to work.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
the group messaging feature isn't the OS, it's verizon that's screwing everyone over. WP8's on other carriers have no issues with this.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Really sad to see people jumping ship because of a feature we are told is coming soon. I really hope Verizon gets this rolled out asap. The fact that someone is willing to put up with the Z10 for this feature shows how important it is.

As for the corporate email...with the correct settings i am pretty sure you should be able to get it to work.

Corporate email works fine on BB, Android, and IOS. It even works with WP7 but not 8. Working for a fortune 100 company its not easy to call IT up and tell them to change policies.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Corporate email works fine on BB, Android, and IOS. It even works with WP7 but not 8. Working for a fortune 100 company its not easy to call IT up and tell them to change policies.
I meant i though moat corporate emails could be made to work by adjusting settings on the phone, changing company policies is obviously not an option.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why you are having problems with corporate email. I connected my 928 as soon as I got it out of the box and it has worked flawlessly.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Something is not right, maybe you should troubleshoot the issue before just blaming the OS. WP7 was far worse with corporate policies than WP8, I don't see how it works and WP8 doesn't.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My corporate outlook took all of 2 minutes to set up on my HTC Trophy and works flawlessly. I'm sure it'd be the same on the 928 with the correct settings.

Group messaging will be coming in GDR2. I'm just as frustrated with this omission as you are. It's actually prevented me from buying the phone for the time being. That being said, if I had the phone, I would NEVER return it because of a lack of group messaging when it's been confirmed by numerous sources that WP8's will have group texting VERY soon. Don't make a hasty decision, sir. You'll regret it.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I can see why group messaging is a not priority for Verizon or MS or other companies.
Because nowadays people use these messaging apps like whatsapp etc more than standard SMS which have more features than SMS.
Ofcourse SMS is best when you don't have any internet but that's a rare case for most people.
It's just that people are used to old ways of doing things.

I really wanted to jump on the WP8 bandwagon after being with IOS for years so I ran out and got the 928 from Verizon. After a week of having it I am going to send it back so that I can get a refund. The biggest headaches are group messaging and my corporate email account. I never realized how much I use group messaging with the Iphone and it's unacceptable that a smartphone doesn't have this feature. I really don't care if it's Microsoft or Verizon its a shame. After research, Active Exchange throws error messages and won't let me use my corporate email account. I get the 85010013 code and it looks like this has went on since launch with no end in sight. My wife got a BB Z10 to try and all these features work correctly out of the box. I really wanted WP8 to work but at this time it's just not nearly as advanced as IOS. Back to my 4s until something better comes along.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
... The biggest headaches are group messaging and my corporate email account. I never realized how much I use group messaging with the Iphone and it's unacceptable that a smartphone doesn't have this feature. I really don't care if it's Microsoft or Verizon its a shame. After research, Active Exchange throws error messages and won't let me use my corporate email account. I get the 85010013 code and it looks like this has went on since launch with no end in sight. ...

The group messaging thing is a Verizon Problem(TM), not a WP problem. The Active Exchange is your Corporate Problem(TM), not a WP problem. While the group messaging thing can only be fixed via Verizon, the Corporate email is something you need to discuss with your IT group. It took all of 10 minutes to setup my corporate Exchange account on my 928. WP supports Exchange just fine.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The group messaging thing is a Verizon Problem(TM), not a WP problem. The Active Exchange is your Corporate Problem(TM), not a WP problem. While the group messaging thing can only be fixed via Verizon, the Corporate email is something you need to discuss with your IT group. It took all of 10 minutes to setup my corporate Exchange account on my 928. WP supports Exchange just fine.

Google error 85010013 and see if supports exchange just fine. It does on some less secure accounts but not many that have advanced security.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My corporate outlook took all of 2 minutes to set up on my HTC Trophy and works flawlessly. I'm sure it'd be the same on the 928 with the correct settings.

Group messaging will be coming in GDR2. I'm just as frustrated with this omission as you are. It's actually prevented me from buying the phone for the time being. That being said, if I had the phone, I would NEVER return it because of a lack of group messaging when it's been confirmed by numerous sources that WP8's will have group texting VERY soon. Don't make a hasty decision, sir. You'll regret it.

I really enjoy alot of the features that WP8 has but at this time it just is a little too raw for me. I went back and reviewed the problems have had with EAS and it works fine on some accounts but not others. It's not easy to call up a company that has hundreds of IT people and tell them to check our policies when they actively support Iphone, Android, and Blackberry.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The Active Exchange is your Corporate Problem(TM), not a WP problem. While the group messaging thing can only be fixed via Verizon, the Corporate email is something you need to discuss with your IT group. It took all of 10 minutes to setup my corporate Exchange account on my 928. WP supports Exchange just fine.
Companies require "secure storage card" for a reason. At times IT simply doesn't have the authorization to turn off that for a user.

The stupid situation is that MS can and should implement that policy, or at least support it on phones like Lumia 928/920 which don't have a SD card slot to start with. It cannot claim first class enterprise support while refusing to support its own server product.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
"It does on some less secure accounts but not many that have advanced security", seriously?
We do military stuff and I believe we have the one of the top most secure system in the market. And yet EAS is EAS, it supports my 920 out of the box.

But Verizon does need to fix their group messaging ****.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05