928 going back :(

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My gfs corporate (fortune 100) e-mail works perfectly. It did require a call to the helpdesk and download of a corporate app. If there is one thing WP does better then anything else is corporate e-mail. If u work for a fortune 500 co its hard to believe that ur the only WP user.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess I am confused. On an Iphone you type in a group and the responses all come as a group as well. On the 928 you type in a group and it sends as that but responses come back individually in another thread.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am confused. On an Iphone you type in a group and the responses all come as a group as well. On the 928 you type in a group and it sends as that but responses come back individually in another thread.
Verizon has disabled the group messaging in the Windows phone 8, yet the htc trophy which is Windows phone 7 has group messaging.
I would suggest getting the app "group me". It doesn't solve it but could be a short term solution. This is one reason why I haven't gone to Verizon.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually, my IT group knows that my device doesn't have an SD card, so that policy is turned off for my phone.

So you walk into your IT office and they make a policy exception for your phone? That sounds like a great place to work.......Meanwhile I call help desk and they tell you they only actively support IOS, Android, and BB. Why is it IT's responsibility for something that should work out of the box from Microsoft?

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just know that despite the feeling you get here at wpcentral, you aren't a bad person for sending your windows phone back. If it doesn't work for you the way you need it to, then you should get a different phone. WP meets my needs for now so I'm ok but if it ever stops meeting my needs I'll probably be back on android.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just know that despite the feeling you get here at wpcentral, you aren't a bad person for sending your windows phone back. If it doesn't work for you the way you need it to, then you should get a different phone. WP meets my needs for now so I'm ok but if it ever stops meeting my needs I'll probably be back on android.

I will still keep up with the forums in hope these issues are fixed. I really think WP8 has potential but I will wait on it to mature some more.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted to jump on the WP8 bandwagon after being with IOS for years so I ran out and got the 928 from Verizon. After a week of having it I am going to send it back so that I can get a refund. The biggest headaches are group messaging and my corporate email account. I never realized how much I use group messaging with the Iphone and it's unacceptable that a smartphone doesn't have this feature. I really don't care if it's Microsoft or Verizon its a shame. After research, Active Exchange throws error messages and won't let me use my corporate email account. I get the 85010013 code and it looks like this has went on since launch with no end in sight. My wife got a BB Z10 to try and all these features work correctly out of the box. I really wanted WP8 to work but at this time it's just not nearly as advanced as IOS. Back to my 4s until something better comes along.

Not sure if its the 928 or not but group messaging works just fine on my L920. Pretty flawlessly too. I just could not do with with mobile iron crap they want to install on every BYOB so I don't use Mobile Iron. BTW, what is Active Exchange? I've heard of Active Diectory and Exchange but not Active Exchange. What is that?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if its the 928 or not but group messaging works just fine on my L920. Pretty flawlessly too. I just could not do with with mobile iron crap they want to install on every BYOB so I don't use Mobile Iron. BTW, what is Active Exchange? I've heard of Active Diectory and Exchange but not Active Exchange. What is that?
AT&T does not disable group messaging. It worked on WP7.5/7.8 too. Lack of group messaging on the 928 is a VZW issue; VZW disabled the feature.

I never heard of Active Exchange either. It's Active Directory, Exchange, or Exchange ActiveSync that I'm familiar with.

Last edited:

DarkCobra20

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted to jump on the WP8 bandwagon after being with IOS for years so I ran out and got the 928 from Verizon. After a week of having it I am going to send it back so that I can get a refund. The biggest headaches are group messaging and my corporate email account. I never realized how much I use group messaging with the Iphone and it's unacceptable that a smartphone doesn't have this feature. I really don't care if it's Microsoft or Verizon its a shame. After research, Active Exchange throws error messages and won't let me use my corporate email account. I get the 85010013 code and it looks like this has went on since launch with no end in sight. My wife got a BB Z10 to try and all these features work correctly out of the box. I really wanted WP8 to work but at this time it's just not nearly as advanced as IOS. Back to my 4s until something better comes along.

Fyi,

If you still have the phone, to fix the error code you keep getting when your phone connects to Exchange, delete the email acct from your phone, log into OWA and then go into your options > phone or mobile (believe that's what it was called) and remove all of your unassociated devices from your account. Once your WP8 device is removed you can re-add it to Exchange and this should resolve that error message...

I ran into it quite a bit and went through that and its worked ever since.. I do run an exchange server as well...

Wish you well if your not on the 928 anymore!

anon5657577

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
What an anal statement. The z10 is such a brilliant phone you'd be surprised at how good it is. The fact that people actually put up with Windows Phone is rather laughable. I mean... 2103 and you can't even group message??? smh. I'm not surprised Windows PHone has been ignored for those to get BBM when released cross platform. Whatsapp on Windows Phone sucks compared to z10 and lets not even start on the Skype issue.

You need to wake up dude and not be blinded by fanboysm.

Really sad to see people jumping ship because of a feature we are told is coming soon. I really hope Verizon gets this rolled out asap. The fact that someone is willing to put up with the Z10 for this feature shows how important it is.

As for the corporate email...with the correct settings i am pretty sure you should be able to get it to work.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What an anal statement. The z10 is such a brilliant phone you'd be surprised at how good it is. The fact that people actually put up with Windows Phone is rather laughable. I mean... 2103 and you can't even group message??? smh. I'm not surprised Windows PHone has been ignored for those to get BBM when released cross platform. Whatsapp on Windows Phone sucks compared to z10 and lets not even start on the Skype issue.

You need to wake up dude and not be blinded by fanboysm.

Yikes... Where did this guy come from? Anal statement? What the heck does that even mean?
I've worked extensively with a Z10. My mom had one for a week before turning it in. That thing is riddled with issues. The UI and the gestures are extraordinarily counterintuitive. WP8 is the opposite. I honestly don't feel the need to stave off his personal attacks or his unfounded claims to greatness for one of the biggest flops in technology for 2013.

You're right Edm, VZW really needs to get their act together if people are choosing the Z10 over any high end WP8.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has disabled the group messaging in the Windows phone 8, yet the htc trophy which is Windows phone 7 has group messaging.
I would suggest getting the app "group me". It doesn't solve it but could be a short term solution. This is one reason why I haven't gone to Verizon.

According to another post and confirmed by a verizon rep. Group texting on Windows Phone 8 has a problem with Verizon's network, they HAD to disable on release. The only problem is they have not said anything publicly, they just disabled it. They said a fix is coming soon but, when will soon be now ?

What corporate email problems are happening ? I've synced with Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 with SSL with no issues. Only problem I have seen or run into was a company that is on Lotus Notes, can't sync with notes.. (notes sucks anyway)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion