Forbes Magazine: Lumia 928 Review

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First quote that made me grin:

"And now we come to Windows Phone 8. It?s hard to get away from the suspicion that Microsoft?s mobile OS is holding back Nokia?s potential when you look at the hardware they?ve packed into the Lumia 928. The knee jerk reaction is that if this was running Android then it would be the perfect smartphone.
I?m not so sure on that point. In terms of what I want out of a smartphone during the day ? web, email, social network statuses, text messaging, and phone calls ? the Lumia 928 delivers just as well as the current top handsets from Samsung, Sony, Apple, and the like."

and the second:

"....it?s very easy to recommend the Lumia 928. It has a wonderful looking screen with an intuitive UI; it is running on a modern platform with good specifications in hardware, it looks stylish, and it?s available with 4G LTE data ? which is a delight to use."

If we can get some more people to just get that out there, WP in the US could see some serious improvement this summer and get some serious momentum going into the fall/holiday shopping season.

I see 2013 as the vital year. Maybe not make or break, but vital to serious growth to get to that magic 10% sales point where people just have to shut up and admit this OS is here to stay. Reviews like these and the 928's success on Big Red are HUGE steps.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I read the same article. And that first paragraph you qouted rubbed me the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with the os, the only thing that the os is holding back is the size of the screen. That page in the article was an insult disguised as a compliment.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I read the same article. And that first paragraph you qouted rubbed me the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with the os, the only thing that the os is holding back is the size of the screen. That page in the article was an insult disguised as a compliment.

I disagree. I think he was saying that would be his knee-jerk reaction. I'd say read it again with a bit less cynicism.

Good review!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

He was saying that it is easy to think that MS is holding Nokia back because of no 1080p, quad-core, etc. compatibility. And because of this, some might think the 928 will be inferior to the newest Android phones. But it isn't true.

This is exactly the argument most people on this site make. Specs, while the best would be nice, doesn't mean that the phone is less capable than the high-end Androids.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
He was saying that it is easy to think that MS is holding Nokia back because of no 1080p, quad-core, etc. compatibility. And because of this, some might think the 928 will be inferior to the newest Android phones. But it isn't true.

This is exactly the argument most people on this site make. Specs, while the best would be nice, doesn't mean that the phone is less capable than the high-end Androids.
Who would have ever thought we would be saying there's a more bloated OS than Windows???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234