Forbes Magazine just put out a review for the 928 today and I was actually shocked that the reviewer said he'd have no problems recommending this phone to people and that the "app issue" isn't necessarily a big deal.

Here's a link:
    Forbes: Lumia 928 Review
    07-06-2013 01:15 PM
    First quote that made me grin:

"And now we come to Windows Phone 8. Its hard to get away from the suspicion that Microsofts mobile OS is holding back Nokias potential when you look at the hardware theyve packed into the Lumia 928. The knee jerk reaction is that if this was running Android then it would be the perfect smartphone.
    Im not so sure on that point. In terms of what I want out of a smartphone during the day web, email, social network statuses, text messaging, and phone calls the Lumia 928 delivers just as well as the current top handsets from Samsung, Sony, Apple, and the like."

and the second:

"....its very easy to recommend the Lumia 928. It has a wonderful looking screen with an intuitive UI; it is running on a modern platform with good specifications in hardware, it looks stylish, and its available with 4G LTE data which is a delight to use."

If we can get some more people to just get that out there, WP in the US could see some serious improvement this summer and get some serious momentum going into the fall/holiday shopping season.

I see 2013 as the vital year. Maybe not make or break, but vital to serious growth to get to that magic 10% sales point where people just have to shut up and admit this OS is here to stay. Reviews like these and the 928's success on Big Red are HUGE steps.
    07-06-2013 01:43 PM
    I read the same article. And that first paragraph you qouted rubbed me the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with the os, the only thing that the os is holding back is the size of the screen. That page in the article was an insult disguised as a compliment.
    07-06-2013 02:07 PM
    I read the same article. And that first paragraph you qouted rubbed me the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with the os, the only thing that the os is holding back is the size of the screen. That page in the article was an insult disguised as a compliment.
    I disagree. I think he was saying that would be his knee-jerk reaction. I'd say read it again with a bit less cynicism.

Good review!
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-06-2013 02:15 PM
    He was saying that it is easy to think that MS is holding Nokia back because of no 1080p, quad-core, etc. compatibility. And because of this, some might think the 928 will be inferior to the newest Android phones. But it isn't true.

This is exactly the argument most people on this site make. Specs, while the best would be nice, doesn't mean that the phone is less capable than the high-end Androids.
    Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    07-06-2013 02:58 PM
    He was saying that it is easy to think that MS is holding Nokia back because of no 1080p, quad-core, etc. compatibility. And because of this, some might think the 928 will be inferior to the newest Android phones. But it isn't true.

This is exactly the argument most people on this site make. Specs, while the best would be nice, doesn't mean that the phone is less capable than the high-end Androids.
    Who would have ever thought we would be saying there's a more bloated OS than Windows???
    07-06-2013 03:49 PM
    I really wouldn't be surprised that his review leans positive since he's a big part of All About Windows Phone.
    07-06-2013 11:19 PM