common sync apps wp8 Android

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I'm coming from, but not leaving, Android system. Are there apps that will sync both ways? Calendar, tasks mainly. I can import Google calender but it doesn't sync back and forth. Thanks. Looking forward to getting my 928 tomorrow!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You could use the app remember the milk or any task apps.

I found that Windows Phone works the best when you go two feet into the Microsoft Ecosystem. Best part of outlook.com is that you can set up your yourname@outlook.com to get all your gmail, and there is a setting where you can send all email from devices from an alias (your name@gmail.com)

Even thou Google does have some nice products, Outlook.com Email is far superior, the only item I find that is lacking is the outlook.com calendar but they are adding more and more things to it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I know that Microsoft has apps available for Android, cant you download the hotmail app, and also doesn't hotmail/outlook sync with android now so that you can get your calendar on there.

On iOS outlook.com integrates very nicely, I believe this is the case for Android as well.

hoola20055

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I will find out soon. I have imported my Gmail calender to my Windows 8 laptop but after I import it will not sync both ways. I will still be using android along side wp8. I just want them to play nice.I'm not willing to give up either platform. Thanks for the replies. I'll know more tomorrow evening when I'm setting up my new phone!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hoola20055

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Well I gave it a shot. I put the unit on eBay and an now back on my note 2. I am more of a Google/android drone than I realized. I have to have the ability to attach LARGE files to emails and Send them from my phone. I like the ability to copy and paste files from one cloud account to another via any numerous file browsers. I can NOT give up my all access Google play music. My Google plus communities are my family and friends and there are no easy ways to access this easily or efficiently. I love apps made by developers that I can install without going to the play store. Wireless and usb tether!! I am a rooter and romer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the lumia hardware and how fluid the Windows phone OS is!! I had absolutely zero hiccups or slowdowns. The camera is second to NONE! Google has their tentacles in me and pretty much my whole family almost 3 generations deep.even the iPhone users have Google services on their phones. It how we network and stay in touch and at the end of the day I am not willing to change everything that makes my life simple to use the os. Maybe in the future when the os matures I'll give it another go but it's unusable for MY needs at this point. I'll most certainly be a lurker and keep up to date! The lumia line is absolutely outstanding and top notch!! But I want and need Google services! I love them and will not give them up. Thanks for a great and informative website!
Jamie.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the Hotmail/Outlook calendar for my family calendar. My wife uses a Microsoft account to access the calendar from her iPhone. I give that account secondary ownership of the calander which allows her to sync both ways and edit appointments.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa