Group Msg works fine on Lumia 928

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
also, i never used the word conspiracy... no need to start making me sound like some crazy loon. I was just sounding off on some anonymous message board on a fan friendly WP site about my .02 cents... isn't that what people do on the internet?

No worries dude. All my fault. First day back from vacation I'm a little grumpy. I apologize.

Freelicks

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to confirm something, as it may help other people in the meantime. When I first set up my Lumia 928, I couldn't retrieve the backup because it was not fully activated (no data, didn't give me the option for WiFi), but after resetting/reformatting it, I was able to bring up a backup from my Lumia 810 I was using up until then. Can't change the settings under Text Messaging settings, but the Group Messaging does work. I'm now curious as to whether these settings will stick when/if I need to reformat it again and pull the 928 backup. I'm assuming they would, but not 100% sure just yet. GDR2 is on the way soon, so hopefully it resolve this issue either way.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to confirm something, as it may help other people in the meantime. When I first set up my Lumia 928, I couldn't retrieve the backup because it was not fully activated (no data, didn't give me the option for WiFi), but after resetting/reformatting it, I was able to bring up a backup from my Lumia 810 I was using up until then. Can't change the settings under Text Messaging settings, but the Group Messaging does work. I'm now curious as to whether these settings will stick when/if I need to reformat it again and pull the 928 backup. I'm assuming they would, but not 100% sure just yet. GDR2 is on the way soon, so hopefully it resolve this issue either way.d

GDR2 does bring back group messaging for the 928. It works great.

Freelicks

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm, it brings back the option to select it under the text message settings? How do you like Amber? Waiting for VZW, don't want to reset my phone. I might cave in and flash it myself, though. I miss the good old Zune days where we could trick it. Ahh, the good old days.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to confirm something, as it may help other people in the meantime. When I first set up my Lumia 928, I couldn't retrieve the backup because it was not fully activated (no data, didn't give me the option for WiFi), but after resetting/reformatting it, I was able to bring up a backup from my Lumia 810 I was using up until then. Can't change the settings under Text Messaging settings, but the Group Messaging does work. I'm now curious as to whether these settings will stick when/if I need to reformat it again and pull the 928 backup. I'm assuming they would, but not 100% sure just yet. GDR2 is on the way soon, so hopefully it resolve this issue either way.

So long as you back up the settings, you are fine. GDR2 brings group message back anyway.

The settings don't actually change, its just a binary switch in the registry whether to show the option to turn it on or off. Verizon disabled it bit has brought it back

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to confirm, it brings back the option to select it under the text message settings? How do you like Amber? Waiting for VZW, don't want to reset my phone. I might cave in and flash it myself, though. I miss the good old Zune days where we could trick it. Ahh, the good old days.

Yep, it brings back that option to enable it. Tested it several times last night and it works well. Amber is cool. The camera seems better and I love the Glance and double tap to wake. I did have to reset my phone, which was a pain, but that's how I roll. Loved the Zune trick too!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it brings back that option to enable it. Tested it several times last night and it works well. Amber is cool. The camera seems better and I love the Glance and double tap to wake. I did have to reset my phone, which was a pain, but that's how I roll. Loved the Zune trick too!

Does it have the "Peek" feature for Glance? Saw a screencap earlier and it wasn't listed...but maybe that person hadn't updated the Display/Touch settings/app?

<--wants to do the Jedi wave over his phone

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
What is the Zune trick?

On WP7 you had to update via Zune. Well you could plug your WP7 phone into your computer and tell it to search for updates and right when you did that if you yanked the ethernet cord out of your computer it would somehow trigger Zune to tell you there was an update. I used that to update my wife's Trophy before Verizon officially started to push it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Does it have the "Peek" feature for Glance? Saw a screencap earlier and it wasn't listed...but maybe that person hadn't updated the Display/Touch settings/app?

<--wants to do the Jedi wave over his phone

No, I don't have the peek option. Interesting.....

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
What???

I mean, it's not too big of an issue, but wtf Verizon?

I was watching a video on the feature the other day, and I was excited to try it out.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
What???

I mean, it's not too big of an issue, but wtf Verizon?

I was watching a video on the feature the other day, and I was excited to try it out.

This was probably the one feature I was most excited about -- hardly text, FM radio is nice but not something I use a lot, etc etc, but this is one of those "get someone's attention and interest them in WP" features.

Edit: the OTA includes it! But no FM radio :/

Last edited:

altimax

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Any idea if there is a way to name a group message thread? For example, instead of it saying "6 recipients" where the contact name is on a normal SMS, is there a way to change that so you can keep your group threads in order?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb