Just wondering how everyone's battery holds up. My inc2 (the one good thing about that piece of crap) has pretty great battery life and I'm hoping for something on par if not better.
    07-10-2013 11:28 PM
    with 30-40 text message, 4 emails accounts, about 10 background programs allowed to run and checking facebook, a few online videos and news articles during work, I go home with 60-70% being on wifi at work. then from home till bed at 10-11 pm ish, it gets down to 30% or so, this is with about 30 minutes of games, 60 ish minutes of hulu video start and stop, and about an hour of meme reading and booking of the face.

edit: on wifi at home too.
    07-11-2013 08:35 AM
    I have a wireless charging pad at work, a charging cable in my car (to be replaced by the Nokia wireless charging holder) and a wireless charging pad at home. I don't worry about battery anymore. ;-)

Even still, with about 8 email accounts that are constantly getting emails, FB and Twitter, texting, some light streaming audio, I'll still get a solid 14-17 hours between charges. Good enough in my book.
    07-11-2013 10:39 AM
    My battery life has been really good coming from a Galaxy Nexus (which was awful). I can go from 6 AM to 6 PM (work day) and have 30-40% left with decent use. Push email, lots of texting, some web/forum browsing, a few games here and there, and an hour to an hour and a half of music streaming.
    07-11-2013 11:04 AM
    Wow, that's really great! Thanks for all your replies. Makes me want this phone even more!
    nufan947 likes this.
    07-11-2013 10:54 PM
    I get a day atleast on this phone unless there's bad network and i'm still trying to surf the net. But then i install whatsapp and boom! battery life divided by 2 if not more
    07-12-2013 12:07 AM
    I am getting so frustrated. My first 928 had a problem with the screen. Verizon exchanged it, and sent me a replacement. Everything is fine, but the battery life I cannot figure out. The first one I had got about 18 hours per day with fairly moderate use. This one is getting closer to 8 or 9. Literally half. My habits haven't changed, and I have the exact same apps installed. I've turned off any battery draining features and make sure I always close my apps. This replacement phone wasn't brand new, but a "like-new replacement", so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I got the new phone in the mail about 2.5 weeks ago. I held out hoping battery life would improve over time (my first one improved after about a week), but it just hasn't. Do you think Verizon will even consider replacing this one? I hate to get yet another replacement, but the current battery life just isn't suited to my habits (I am often gone for 12 hours a day with no opportunities to charge). Will Verizon even consider replacing it again (I'm not sure if they consider battery life a legit issue for replacement), especially since it's been a few weeks? I hate to send yet another one back, but I really feel like I should get what I've paid for....

EDIT: I should also say that I have tried running a battery draining app to recalibrate the way it calculates how much is left. This appears to have done nothing. Last night for the first time I let it sit without charging. It dropped 15% while I slept, only on WiFi (I always toggle between WiFi and LTE). This seemed like a bit too much for standby. I then picked it up in the morning, and it dropped a whole 4% in 15 minutes just doing some simple browsing. That amounts to 15%-16% an hour. This can't be normal, right?
    07-12-2013 10:17 AM
    I kind of doubt they'd consider battery life an 'issue'... They told me the rattling vibrate that sounds like death is how it's supposed to sound because 'thats how vibrate works'. Disappointing CS experience for me trying to get a replacement. Also have a slight gap between body and screen that I was told is how the phone is manufactured. Sooo
    07-12-2013 10:32 AM
    I am nothing but pleased with the battery life of my 928.
    It has been a long time (ever?) since I had a phone that would last me all day.
    I can go to bed with 25%-50% left (I still charge it every night, though).
    Now, this doesn't account for heavy video watching or game playing (just calls, texts, looking at websites, listening to music, etc...).
    JJ
    Kenneth Greene likes this.
    07-12-2013 10:42 AM
    I've had excellent battery life with mine. The only thing I've noticed that will drain it quickly is using it outdoors in the sun with the sunlight readability mode enabled. I don't need to use that too often though.
    07-12-2013 12:36 PM
    *Cut for space* This can't be normal, right?
    That's quite worrisome, I'd definitely see if Verizon is willing to give you another replacement.
    VZW customer service (and everything else) sucks, I've been trying to persuade my family to switch for years.
    Best of luck getting your issues resolved.
    07-12-2013 08:58 PM
    Well, I just spent four and a half hours out trimming and cutting the grass. It took about twice as long as normal, because last weekend there was so much rain I couldn't cut. Today it even sprinkled for about 15 min while cutting, but it HAD to be cut - I was cutting about half the width of the mower deck with each pass, because it was bogging down so much that if I'd tried to cut the whole width, even in first gear, it would have killed the 12.5 HP engine.

Anyway, for the entire 4 1/2 hours I was out there cutting, I was listening to podcasts streamed to my LG Tone+ BT headset. Then when I was done, I sat on the deck reading stuff on my phone for about 15 minutes, just taking a break before coming in to take a shower. Nice to be able to do that in the sunlight (though somewhat overcast, the sky is still plenty bright), given the nice screen that the 928 has. When I came in, the battery was at 73%. I think, if I remember correctly, it was at 98% when I started.

25% used up with 4 1/2 hours of BT streaming, volume all the way up? Not bad in my book.
    jleebiker likes this.
    07-13-2013 04:25 PM
    Well, I just spent four and a half hours out trimming and cutting the grass. It took about twice as long as normal, because last weekend there was so much rain I couldn't cut. Today it even sprinkled for about 15 min while cutting, but it HAD to be cut - I was cutting about half the width of the mower deck with each pass, because it was bogging down so much that if I'd tried to cut the whole width, even in first gear, it would have killed the 12.5 HP engine.

Anyway, for the entire 4 1/2 hours I was out there cutting, I was listening to podcasts streamed to my LG Tone+ BT headset. Then when I was done, I sat on the deck reading stuff on my phone for about 15 minutes, just taking a break before coming in to take a shower. Nice to be able to do that in the sunlight (though somewhat overcast, the sky is still plenty bright), given the nice screen that the 928 has. When I came in, the battery was at 73%. I think, if I remember correctly, it was at 98% when I started.

25% used up with 4 1/2 hours of BT streaming, volume all the way up? Not bad in my book.
    Wow -- I cut last night. Not nearly the adventure you had, but normal 1.5 hour (cut, clean mower, etc). Started with 100% -- music playing the entire time on my new 928 with wired earbuds. When finished the battery level was 100%.

Okay for me -- bodes well for plane trips to visit my mom. . .
    07-13-2013 06:08 PM
    Wow -- I cut last night. Not nearly the adventure you had, but normal 1.5 hour (cut, clean mower, etc). Started with 100% -- music playing the entire time on my new 928 with wired earbuds. When finished the battery level was 100%.

Okay for me -- bodes well for plane trips to visit my mom. . .

I have 0.6 acres, and it wouldn't have taken this long if it hadn't been so long and so wet. We've had rain every day for the past two weeks, I think... Just sprinkles a few times today, but still, the grass is QUITE soaked. If it wasn't such a hassle to hook up the trailer and go get the mower from my church, and bring it back, loading and unloading (no ramps), I would have gone and got the industrial-strength ZTR from church to use. But I made it with my own mower. And finished up with JUST enough gas to get it back to the garage - had just used the last of my 5 gallon gas can before starting. NICE.
    07-13-2013 08:21 PM

I have 0.6 acres, and it wouldn't have taken this long if it hadn't been so long and so wet. We've had rain every day for the past two weeks, I think... Just sprinkles a few times today, but still, the grass is QUITE soaked. If it wasn't such a hassle to hook up the trailer and go get the mower from my church, and bring it back, loading and unloading (no ramps), I would have gone and got the industrial-strength ZTR from church to use. But I made it with my own mower. And finished up with JUST enough gas to get it back to the garage - had just used the last of my 5 gallon gas can before starting. NICE.
    Almost .5 acre here --- the back was pretty wet (we've not had the drought we had last year), but nothing like you had.

I love my year old Husqvarna. . .
    hopmedic likes this.
    07-13-2013 08:53 PM
    Here's hoping...going to try taking it in this week, but I have serious doubts that they'll do anything about it. Probably going to just have to suck it up. Does anybody know if Nokia themselves might help? Like - mail it in for a replacement battery?
    07-13-2013 11:01 PM
    Here's hoping...going to try taking it in this week, but I have serious doubts that they'll do anything about it. Probably going to just have to suck it up. Does anybody know if Nokia themselves might help? Like - mail it in for a replacement battery?
    I have no idea how mailing to Nokia works cause I haven't done it, but maybe they'd take it and if they can replicate the terrible battery they'd fix it?
    07-14-2013 10:16 AM
    My battery life tends to be pretty good for the most part. I don't really talk to many people (and the integrated Facebook chat is so unreliable that I couldn't easily do it anyway) so my phone often sits on my desk with the screen off.
    wp_ss_20130713_0001.pngwp_ss_20130713_0002.png
    Kenneth Greene likes this.
    07-14-2013 01:07 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and say that my battery saw a HUGE jump in performance yesterday. This happened with my first 928 after several days of use. I guess this replacement just took a lot longer to catch up. Yesterday I had the phone off of the charger for 16 hours and it had only used up about 40%. Pretty sure it could have gone for nearly two days. I didn't do a ton of browsing, but something defnitiely happened to improve things. I wasn't even making it through 10 hours several days ago.
    07-16-2013 03:57 PM
    First day I got about 6 hours of use, but I was using the phone damn near non stop. The next day I got 20hr and 40 min but 7 or eight of those hours was idle time. I only lost maybe 2-3% during idle time. We will see what she does today 😁.
    nufan947 likes this.
    07-16-2013 07:01 PM