06-04-2016 12:51 PM
109 1234 ...
tools
    My replacement should be in today.

Well replacement has goopy buttons, but whatever. speaker works.

Although my GDR2/Amber Update is not like my last device... lumia pusher is gone and I refuse to pay money to hunt down free apps.
    Try SysApp Pusher. It is free with ads: Search results for "sysapp pusher" | Windows Phone (United States)
    08-21-2013 08:55 AM
    It's the case I had on my phone that caused the earphone to knock out. It is an approved 928 case with all the holes in the right places but the noise cancellation is causing the ear to stop working. Just got off the phone with Verizon and a patch should be enroute from Nokia soon. Give it a try and let me know if that fixed it for you:)
    I am not understanding this. How can a case be responsible?
    08-21-2013 08:58 AM
    I am not understanding this. How can a case be responsible?
    I have had the same problem and the only thing that has "fixed" it is the case. I bought an Incipio Feather case for my L928. After I received it and placed it on the phone, I was having problems hearing people. It was like the phone would cut in and out. So I thought, maybe it's something like the whole Apple-Gate where people "holding the phone wrong", so I got a call once and while I was experiencing the cutting in and out, I told my caller to hold a sec and I pulled the case off - voila!, problem solved. So I don't know if it's the small hole on the back above the flash (which I think is the light sensor) or the one on top next to the micro USB that is picking up reflective sound off of the case somehow. All I know is that when the case is on, I have intermittent problems (doesn't cause problems every call), but when the case is off - no problems.

So, I don't know how it's responsible...but it seems to be the culprit as I can confirm this.
    08-21-2013 01:41 PM
    I have had the same problem and the only thing that has "fixed" it is the case. I bought an Incipio Feather case for my L928. After I received it and placed it on the phone, I was having problems hearing people. It was like the phone would cut in and out. So I thought, maybe it's something like the whole Apple-Gate where people "holding the phone wrong", so I got a call once and while I was experiencing the cutting in and out, I told my caller to hold a sec and I pulled the case off - voila!, problem solved. So I don't know if it's the small hole on the back above the flash (which I think is the light sensor) or the one on top next to the micro USB that is picking up reflective sound off of the case somehow. All I know is that when the case is on, I have intermittent problems (doesn't cause problems every call), but when the case is off - no problems.

So, I don't know how it's responsible...but it seems to be the culprit as I can confirm this.
    Unfortunately not the case (no pun intended) in my situation. The first 928 that was giving me this problem never had a case on it. The second one (that I'm using now) does have a case on it, but has a hole for the noise-cancelling mic (I took the case off and tried calling just to make sure).

Glad you figured out your problem though and hopefully Verizon/Nokia can manage to find a solution to both of our problems instead of just sending us new units every month until the warranty runs out.
    08-21-2013 02:36 PM
    That is so weird how a case can do that, and is quite alarming, to say the least. Nevertheless, I wish the case was the problem for me as it would have saved me some distress. Well, at least I'm still riding well with the replacement, and I concur with Penny, Nokia needs to fix this bug soon.
    08-21-2013 03:16 PM
    I have that case and it seems I'm still having this issue as well with the case off. When I got it the first couple days it was loud thru the earpiece with the case on. It almost sounds like when I have the calls coming thru the earpiece like the sound is coming thru the back that's how low it is

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    08-29-2013 05:39 AM
    I have had a 928 since June (this is my second one). First was replaced due to constantly hanging, which I suspect was due to overheating. Now I am getting the no sound whne using earpiece issue. I believe it may have to do with the location of the USB jack torquing the phone where the earpiece is. I bought off contract so will be sending to Nokia for repair.
    09-25-2013 08:29 AM
    I had this problem all of a sudden after nearly a year with my Lumia 920.

Reading a previous thread about having used a 3.5mm headphone plug in the phone made me think. I had recently inserted a rubber dust plug into my earphone jack, just to keep dirt out of it. The plug also has a metal pin in it that could be used for sim card removal.

As soon as I removed that plug, all was well! I can now hear my callers again. Apparently the phone detected the plug or pin as an earphone plug and disconnected the internal sound. (The speaker phone part had been working all along.)

So...problem solved for me! Hope it helps someone!
    10-02-2013 08:56 AM
    My second phone now that drops out (928) When I give it a wack on something it works. It was fine but just started doing this after a month. I'm wondering if there is some kind of dust, grit accumulation and tapping it helps the connection. Either way I love the phone but this just sucks!
    10-08-2013 08:32 AM
    i can't hear from the front , but headset and loudspeaker are working properly
    please help me .customer care dont have the solution.they roughly ask me to change the front speaker
    i bought it on august 30th.
    10-12-2013 09:12 AM
    Had the same issue with my black 928, internal speaker failed, used loudspeaker temporarily which later also failed. Sent it today to Nokia for repair.
    10-12-2013 09:01 PM
    Received my repaired 928 a few days ago. If you're having issues with the speakers and can live without your 928 for a week and a half, I recommend to repair it under the Nokia 1 year warranty, its an easy process.
    10-25-2013 09:58 AM
    Alright, this is happening to my phone. Again. This is the 3rd one.
    I keep my phone in my pocket and never drop it. My jeans are a bit tight, though, and my guess is that something about the tightness is doing this, or some wear with it going in and out of the pocket.

In any case, I think I'm done with this phone. I can't keep going back to the Microsoft Store because my internal speaker doesn't work.
    10-28-2013 11:55 AM
    Alright, this is happening to my phone. Again. This is the 3rd one.
    I keep my phone in my pocket and never drop it. My jeans are a bit tight, though, and my guess is that something about the tightness is doing this, or some wear with it going in and out of the pocket.

In any case, I think I'm done with this phone. I can't keep going back to the Microsoft Store because my internal speaker doesn't work.
    You and me both buddy. On my 3rd phone, started happening again last week. It's not happening as much this time (last time it pretty much permanently stopped working unless I was pressing the back near the camera).

I told myself I'd switch to a different phone if it happened on this one, but I don't know how viable that is either. I like Windows Phone but don't want to take a step down to the HTC 8X or Lumia 822. If I wait for the 929 to hit Verizon, there's no way they'd let me switch it for the new device. And I have absolute confidence that a replacement device will have the same result, again.

Maybe I can wait until the 929 hits and then go straight to Nokia explaining the situation? Maybe they'll be interested in keeping me as a customer and agree to upgrade me to a usable 929.
    10-28-2013 09:14 PM
    I sent a tweet to Nokia and NokiaUS yesterday, saying I was about to go on my 4th phone, all the same issue. No response.
    There's clearly an issue here. I baby my phones, but this keeps happening. At this point I'll admit it is likely an issue with me, but I'm not using this phone in any odd or inappropriate way - I'm just assuming it's that my jeans are a bit tighter.

Always the same issue - a loosening in the upper right corner followed by inconsistency (and ultimately failure) of the internal speaker.
    10-29-2013 01:09 PM
    I'm on my second phone and it just started to do the same thing again. i find that squeezing on or just below the speaker makes it start working again. clearly a hardware issue. I will say my girlfriend go hers at the same time as i got my first one and she hasnt had any problems. i think i'll push for a new phone rather than refurbished when i call about it this time.
    11-13-2013 12:37 PM
    My replacement (1st) is now acting up. I'm sending it in to get another unit. My original unit was bought at launch (May) and it started failing at around three months, which is exactly happening to my replacement - received in August, replacing it in November. Is anyone experiencing this three months term?
    11-19-2013 09:05 AM
    My replacement (1st) is now acting up. I'm sending it in to get another unit. My original unit was bought at launch (May) and it started failing at around three months, which is exactly happening to my replacement - received in August, replacing it in November. Is anyone experiencing this three months term?
    I am about to receive my 6th replacement. That last one lasted a couple months, before that I was losing audio in the headset for calls almost exactly at the two week mark. Something is terribly wrong with the design or manufacturing of this phone. I don't appreciate my iPhone owning girlfriend's smug looks every time a new replacement arrives. LOL.
    Penny_1 likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:35 AM
    Wow, six replacements. That is crazy, and yes indicative of a serious defect. Which replacement lasted the longest?
    11-20-2013 01:45 PM
    My last one lasted the longest. Received it Sept 26 and it failed earlier this week. This one was slightly different, the touch buttons at the bottom had a gross yellow hue and the power button was not so recessed, it stuck out a bit more than the other models. It was clearly from a different batch so I was hoping for the best. It did last about 4x longer at least. lol.
    The only thing I think I do that causes this is I use Pandora everyday in the car for my commute and I think the root cause is linked to the headphone jack and the hardware not knowing when it's not plugged into headphones. You can mess around with the headphone jack and can almost get the speaker to work by repeatedly putting in and pulling out the headphones.

....waiting for the 929....
    11-20-2013 10:37 PM
    I too feel like the cause is the headphone jack. I think I'll minimize my use of it to test this out with my latest replacement, which arrived yesterday, sans yucky gunk home button.
    11-21-2013 10:26 AM
    So for this new replacement I'm going to refrain from using the headphone jack. I typically used the headphone jack to plug into a cassette tape adapter (06 maxima with no audio input jack or Bluetooth radio) twice a day, to and from work to listen to Pandora. I've used FM transmitters before but they were always terrible because they interfered with stations in a major city (I live in the DC area). Last night I bought the GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter LINK at the Microcenter here in Fairfax, VA. Drove home with it and so far I will have to say I'm impressed. I drove from Fairfax to Arlington (which is only a mile or two from DC) and did not get any interference.
    You connect to the device from your phone via Bluetooth and then the device connects to your car stereo via FM transmission, nothing to plug into your phone. (also has a jack to charge your phone while in use).
    I thought I'd pass this along for anyone looking to be able to listen to music in their car who do not own a Bluetooth enabled radio and don't want to use the headphone jack on their 928.
    Vallos likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:13 AM
    Hello, i only registered to say that if you go in to audio settings and you are able to change equalizer without having earphones plugged in, its the speaker jack.

If you want to fix it yourself just search YouTube for Lumia 928 disassembly.

My quick fix is somewhat risky but I had to do it because my t5 torx in the speaker jack is busted.

I removed the screw in the simtray hole, unclipped the shell where the micro USB is, then went around the 3,5mm jack, down on the long side beside it, just few centimeters below, bended it out, this is hard, this way the 3,5mm connectors moves free from connector cable, blow in the crack and 3,5mm hole to get out dust, then press the phone together again and restart, I have had to do this twice. Buy a dustcap for 3,5mm jack..

Google searchers tags
    No sound call Nokia Lumia 928 earpiece speaker dropped fix repair headset Bluetooth

Sent from my Lumia 928
    11-30-2013 01:45 AM
    My just stopped working. I called & got a free warranty replacement. The funny thing is I was cleaning the phone with compressed air & after I sprayed it by the earpiece it started working again. Defiantly a hardware issue. Replacement phone works great & I noticed the sim tray is a bit different then on the broken one. Lets hope the camera is as good as the one I sent back.....
    Penny_1 likes this.
    12-01-2013 11:41 AM
    My just stopped working. I called & got a free warranty replacement. The funny thing is I was cleaning the phone with compressed air & after I sprayed it by the earpiece it started working again. Defiantly a hardware issue. Replacement phone works great & I noticed the sim tray is a bit different then on the broken one. Lets hope the camera is as good as the one I sent back.....
    I was actually reading on Verizon Wireless Windows Phone support forums yesterday, and another customer there that was previously experiencing this problem said it was resolved with a replacement device that had a new SIM card tray. According to him, Verizon Support identified the issue as related to a problem with the first iterations of the SIM card tray, which also explains why so many of us are able to hear again when we pinch the back of the phone near the top and to the right of the camera, precisely where the SIM card tray is. Congrats on getting your updated replacement and let's hope this is the real solution we were looking for!
    Vallos and bman212121 like this.
    12-01-2013 01:42 PM
109 1234 ...