06-04-2016 12:51 PM
109 12345
tools
    I wish I had known this before sending my second phone back so I can compare the SIM trays. Can anyone describe the difference between the two?
    12-02-2013 01:18 PM
    Can anyone upload photos of the new simtray?

Sent from my Lumia 928
    12-03-2013 12:31 AM
    just noticed this thread. I've had 2 928s malfunction in this way. The phone thinks headphones are plugged in when they aren't. I replaced the first about a 2 weeks ago, and within 2 weeks for the "new" device, the same problem. I've tried the various troubleshooting methods posted here and there, nothing has worked.
    12-03-2013 03:40 PM
    I have this problem as well. Speaker doesn't work when playing YouTube videos, callers can't hear me/ I cant hear them and my phone thinks the headphones are plugged in when they aren't. I've had this phone since July and the problem is just occurring now. Can someone give me the number where I can request a replacement?
    12-03-2013 09:13 PM
    Ugh. Even made a point today that my phone has been flawless and this just started happening to me. Are we all in agreement that it is the sim card tray?
    12-03-2013 10:28 PM
    Ugh. Even made a point today that my phone has been flawless and this just started happening to me. Are we all in agreement that it is the sim card tray?
    Wouldn't removing the SIM card tray make the problem go away if that was the case? I take mine out and still have the issue.
    12-04-2013 09:34 AM
    Wouldn't removing the SIM card tray make the problem go away if that was the case? I take mine out and still have the issue.
    How would you call if you remove the sim card?
    12-04-2013 11:26 AM
    How would you call if you remove the sim card?
    I take the sim out and can still access the audio controls which is what I use to see if the problem is still around. I don't actually make a call to test.
    12-04-2013 02:46 PM
    I have opened the phone again and found the problem, the earphone jack module is also a mechanical switch that directs the sound. The gap between these are just a fraction of a millimeter, and needs some bending. I will take pictures and do a DIY when back from vacation. Its in the left side of the module, you can see the movement if you plugg in a 3,5mm in there

Sent from my Lumia 928
    Vallos likes this.
    12-18-2013 04:29 PM
    Ugh, my earpiece went out last night and I was freaking out. Looks like this might be a widespread issue. Bummer because I LOVE my phone. Heading to Verizon later to get a replacement I guess.
    12-19-2013 06:57 AM
    It takes 20 min To fix with a t5 torx and a phone open kit, since I bended switch in the earphonejack my phone works perfectly again. I do not think the problem will come back either because I bended it more then original

Sent from my Lumia 928
    01-06-2014 01:36 AM
    I've been having that problem lately, couple months I guess. I used wired headphones for work and on occasion they would get caught on something and get ripped out from my phone. Its intermittent though, thought it was do to the mountains and lack of reception at times. I have since then gotten a wireless headset with Bluetooth calling. I just figured its the location I'm at. This is my second 928 since launch by the way.
    01-06-2014 02:34 AM
    So did I screw myself if I installed GDR3 preview and now this happened to me??
    01-08-2014 06:49 PM
    So did I screw myself if I installed GDR3 preview and now this happened to me??
    Happened to me before GDR3.
    I'm officially moving to the Icon. Too many issues with this phone for me.
    01-08-2014 07:24 PM
    I called Nokia and they said as long as updates are done through the settings (which GDR3 is) it does NOT void the warranty..
    01-08-2014 07:30 PM
    Happened to me before GDR3.
    I'm officially moving to the Icon. Too many issues with this phone for me.
    Are you not on contract with the 928?
    01-08-2014 07:39 PM
    What u do with ur phone is ur business. I had to return my week old 928 & they could care less about it being updated to gdr3. Nokia has been working with me the last 2 days to try and figure out the touch panel being disabled if u zoom in email app or browser. They asked if it happened in amber or in gdr3. I said both. That really got them talking. I told them it can be reproduced on a new phone just after first boot, so that kinda leaves out a third party app as the issue. This is the freezing bug we keep seeing. Its not freezing, its stopping the touch panel software. I can still make a call if I have Bluetooth on. Play music and the hardware keys work. Wish MS had a place I knew of so a dev could tell them this. Instead all we get shunned like little kids that know nothing. I am using an iPod to hook up to my truck stereo because I don't want to break the jack again. Maybe the 929 will be out before the 15th and I will just make them swap for that. Verizon already tried to get me to swap to iPhone or android over this and I said no because all my wife's stuff was compromised on her 5s and google is known for data mining. I said since the launch of the new windows 8 platform our data has been secure through Microsoft.
    01-09-2014 05:33 AM
    Have you tried taking a toothbrush to the earpiece? Worked well for my 928
    01-09-2014 05:37 AM
    Huh?

---Tapatalk wants me to let you know I used them on my 920 to post this message :) ---
    01-09-2014 10:04 AM
    Are you not on contract with the 928?
    I am.
    Complain enough about getting a new phone every other month with the same issue, pointing out that you also spend about 6 weeks with the issue before you bother making the 20 minute drive to the store, and eventually they promise you a new phone because its cheaper than repeatedly replacing yours (and significantly better customer service.)
    01-09-2014 10:47 AM
    I am.
    Complain enough about getting a new phone every other month with the same issue, pointing out that you also spend about 6 weeks with the issue before you bother making the 20 minute drive to the store, and eventually they promise you a new phone because its cheaper than repeatedly replacing yours (and significantly better customer service.)
    Well, good for you man. I tried that after my third Lumia 928 started showing the same symptoms quite a while ago (October maybe?). Unfortunately, I was not able to get quite so far as to replace it with any device of my choosing, and I'd rather not get stuck on anything less. But, here I am, after spending the last few months being busy with work/travelling, finally sending my phone in for a replacement. This time though, I am going through Nokia instead of Verizon. Hopefully they'll be able to actually fix the problem instead of sending me back a refurb with the same exact problem.

Pleaded with Nokia to hold onto my phone for as long as they want and just upgrade me to a Nokia Icon when it comes out, but doesn't seem like that's going to pan out. Oh well.
    01-09-2014 11:39 PM
    Looks like my issue was a headphone jack one. I plugged an unplugged a headphone like a 100 times and now all is back to working......for now......
    01-10-2014 03:43 PM
    Looks like my issue was a headphone jack one. I plugged an unplugged a headphone like a 100 times and now all is back to working......for now......
    Don't worry, it'll come back :)
    01-10-2014 07:30 PM
    I'm sending it in for warranty and then selling it

---Tapatalk wants me to let you know I used them on my 920 to post this message :) ---
    01-11-2014 12:28 AM
    I switched over to a used 928 from the 8X and started having this issue on saturday. Interestingly enough, if I top/knock the side of the phone near the top the earpiece starts working. *shrug* I'm just sucking it up until the 929 comes out.
    01-13-2014 02:18 PM
109 12345