New plans costs more:(

fastman696

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the new phone (928) and lost my unlimited data plan yes. This wasn?t an issue to me as I don?t use hardly any data. My whole purpose with this was to get a cheaper phone bill as this is what was said to me.
F?ing lies, my bill is now higher and since it?s past the 14 days now I?m SOL.
Beware everyone, your bill will go up with the new plans.

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
What data plan did they assign you? You should be able to drop it to a 2GB bucket which might be cheaper.

But yea, killing the unlimited data plans has sadly been going on for some time. :(

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That's unfortunate. You can't really trust what the reps tell you, you have to price it out yourself and make sure you fully understand everything before agreeing to a new plan. Not saying all reps are bad but some of them will tell you anything to get you on a new contract. I left Verizon because I realized that an upgrade would not only cause me to lose unlimited data but also cost more.

fastman696

May 23, 2013
Visit site
What data plan did they assign you? You should be able to drop it to a 2GB bucket which might be cheaper.

But yea, killing the unlimited data plans has sadly been going on for some time. :(

I came from unlimited data, text and 450min of voice at about $78 per month with Corp discount
I now have unlimited voice and text and 1gig of data. Bill is now about $85 I'm told.
The main reason I got a new phone was to save money, not a happy customer.

airwolf878

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I came from unlimited data, text and 450min of voice at about $78 per month with Corp discount
I now have unlimited voice and text and 1gig of data. Bill is now about $85 I'm told.
The main reason I got a new phone was to save money, not a happy customer.

I had the same 450 minute, unlimited text and data plan before too. I was able to keep the 450 minute, unlimited text and switch to 2GB data without any price change.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Every situation is different. It saves me about $35 a month with my family plan switching from 1400 minutes/family with 2 unlimited data phones and a dumb phone, to the shared plan with 4GB. Always do the figures yourself. But... Are you going by what your bill came in saying, or are you adding up the different services? Keep in mind that first bill after you get the 928 will have an upgrade fee.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Ya know, there has been a flurry of people posting lately regarding how broke / poor they are. There is an old barroom saying. "If you don't the money to be at the bar then take your broke-*** home".

The same goes for Smartphone forums...

fastman696

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Ya know, there has been a flurry of people posting lately regarding how broke / poor they are. There is an old barroom saying. "If you don't the money to be at the bar then take your broke-*** home".

The same goes for Smartphone forums...

No I have the money. I bought this phone and car for by B-day this March.
I just don’t like being lied to. In my line of work once you do you are done as it destroys your credibility and I have no recourse that’s what sucks really.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
wait. So 40 for the phone, 1 GB of data is what 30 bucks? So you be at 70, minus corp discount, plus taxes/fees. you should be less. You sure it didn't have the activation fee in there?

fastman696

May 23, 2013
Visit site
wait. So 40 for the phone, 1 GB of data is what 30 bucks? So you be at 70, minus corp discount, plus taxes/fees. you should be less. You sure it didn't have the activation fee in there?

Hmm, yes...I need to step into a store and see what is going on. I've called on two different occations and have gotten different answers both times sadly.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Verizon, have a nice day!
Definitely talk to them sooner than later. In person, at the store. Be sure you bring your contract/agreement/whatever you signed (sorry, I'm unsure exactly how the contract renewal process works) with you, and read it again beforehand so you're sure of what you agreed to before you go pointing fingers.
Best of luck.

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to call in / go to the store and switch back to the 450 talk w/ unlim text plan. It's not grandfathered, it's just not actively offered anymore.
You don't have to change your plan when you upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05