New plans costs more:(

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand the new plans only save money with groups or families. The individual gets screwed. I wouldn't mind the share everything if I didn't consume so much data by myself.

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to call in / go to the store and switch back to the 450 talk w/ unlim text plan. It's not grandfathered, it's just not actively offered anymore.
You don't have to change your plan when you upgrade.

I thought you had to change if you wanted a subsidized phone. That's how they are getting rid of unlimited data plans.

papahood

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
wait. So 40 for the phone, 1 GB of data is what 30 bucks? So you be at 70, minus corp discount, plus taxes/fees. you should be less. You sure it didn't have the activation fee in there?

from what I can tell 1gb of data is 50$, and the corp discount only comes off the data, ( at least that's how my bill shows up ), so whatever discount he's getting is coming off the data only

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
You mean you bought the phone at full retail value and kept your unlimited data? Or did you buy it subsidized and was able to keep your unlimited data? Which the latter is impossible...
I suppose it wasn't a straight upgrade. We have two lines; I transferred the upgrade to my line and kept the unlimited plan.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Family plan is great. There's me, my wife, and my step-son on my plan. Step-son has a dumb phone. So in November, I used his upgrade to get my 822. Hey, if you're 33 years old and on my plan, I get to use your upgrade. Then in May I used my own upgrade to get the 928, and my wife got my 822 (both of which replaced day-one Trophies). Now, whenever the 1028 hits Verizon, I'll use her upgrade, and get it, passing the 928 to her.

I have the best wife in the world. :wink:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for those words of advice. I'm sure you read every page of a EULA too.
I trusted what I was told by the CSR that the plan would cost me less.
This is really what I would do on spot or within the 14days I receive the phone. A quick glance is really no more than 10min.

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I thought you had to change if you wanted a subsidized phone. That's how they are getting rid of unlimited data plans.
you don't have to move to Share Everything, but you can't keep the unlimited. You should have been able to keep your 450 mins, and would have been bumped to 2gb for the same $30 you were paying for unlimited

Mark_Venture

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I got the new phone (928) and lost my unlimited data plan yes. This wasn?t an issue to me as I don?t use hardly any data. My whole purpose with this was to get a cheaper phone bill as this is what was said to me.
F?ing lies, my bill is now higher and since it?s past the 14 days now I?m SOL.
Beware everyone, your bill will go up with the new plans.
Yup. This was talked about when the "new" SHARE EVERYTHING plans came out. For some, it might save them money, but for others the bill will be increased or at least include a smaller amount of tiered data instead of unlimited.

For me, upgrading a phone at the discounted price, I was told by the store I'd need to change from our Family Share 1400 with 2 smart phones (both unlimited data), and 2 feature phones (dumb flip phones really), I'd have to switch to shared everything. If I tried to keep enough shared data to cover our usage, my bill would go up by over $50 per month.

You really have to be careful when upgrading your phone at discounted prices, especially if you are on a plan which is no longer being offered, because they always try and move you to their current plans.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
In my experience moving to a newer plan almost always means getting more for less. Unless your current plan gives you access to SIGNIFICANTLY more service than you actually use, it is probably not worth changing plans. I've priced out plans for me and my wife on AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile (to replace current unlimited data, 450 minutes talk, 200 texts each) and any kind of comparable service has always cost more. Unless or until we have like five kids, or join a cult with a family plan, I am not changing.

I get why these carriers' new plans always seem to squeeze maximum revenue out of as many people as possible- it is their job. But I get annoyed that they try to market them as beneficial, and act as if they're finally answering our prayers. Want to just use all the data you're paying for? Go for it, but you'll need to pay a separate service fee every month, for every single device that accesses the data. I hate them all. When will they finally submit, and just realize they are nothing more than dumb pipes? They offer no additional value. Can you imagine if your electrical provider charged you a monthly fee for every appliance that tapped into the power grid? Or if your water company charged you for every faucet in the house? I think it is only a matter of time before the government, at the behest of the people, steps in and says 'enough'. Telecommunications access is as much a necessary utility as is power and water.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
........Unless or until we have like five kids, or join a cult with a family plan, I am not changing.
I've been writing up my business plan and gathering up the necessary equipment (altars, brazen lavers, etc.) to start up my cult. Wanna join? There will be burnt sacrifice of Android devices continually sending the pleasing aroma up to heaven unto God.

Last edited:

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You mean you bought the phone at full retail value and kept your unlimited data? Or did you buy it subsidized and was able to keep your unlimited data? Which the latter is impossible...

Not impossible. There are ways to work around getting a subsidized phone and keeping unlimited data. I have upgraded twice with subsidized pricing and have kept unlimited data both times.

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Not impossible. There are ways to work around getting a subsidized phone and keeping unlimited data. I have upgraded twice with subsidized pricing and have kept unlimited data both times.
only way to upgrade and keep unlimited data is to upgrade another line on your account all the way through. Then esn swap to get the new phone from that line to yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb